Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Moderator told me to contact support, banned from support after waiting ~2 weeks for response

soshootso

Question

tl;dr

After I came back to warframe, I tried rivens, then got banned for transfering riven mods, 1st offense, no warnings, got treated as a douchebag, got told I was an exploiter. Baffled that these kind of things aren't explained and just dealt with "banning" the user. The End.

I've noticed that support can be very friendly and will try their best to help you at manners such as lost items or bugs / mistakes on their end. But when it comes to mistakes of players, theres pretty much 0 tolerance, even for "minor offenses" (while I count hacking / cheating / extreme toxic behavior as high offense).

Scenario:

• Played for 2 years without committing any offenses towards the community or game in general
  • You've donated / paid for virtual content
  • Assist players, help clan, donate
  • Took a long summer break, got back on warframe and tried all the new things. I tried rivens, which got me banned.

I did sorties, rolled rivens, bought them and sold them. At one point I got 15 rivens (which was the max back then), then an update allowed us to buy riven slots. After that I had about 30 rivens and had to transfer some because I didnt had any platinum at that point to spend on more slots.

• Contacting support, after awhile support replies: "Sorry but the ban will remain on the account due to you receiving multiple warnings. I am closing this ticket as we do not have any additional information for you." - Mentioned I "threatened players", and had "multiple warnings"
  • Later, support corrects that I wasnt banned for "threatening players" but "You've been banned for circumventing restrictions of riven mods."

After trying to get in contact with support, they copy / paste the same message and close the ticket, in a manner of "stop contacting us, you broke the rules, bye"

• Support replies: "if you reopen again in regards to this same issue, or a new one, you will lose your support access."

People are still buying and selling riven mods and its broken, we all know it. I spend ages on "farming" now vaulted items, you do the math

Spoiler

2016 - December unvault

6x Ember Prime set

5x Frost Prime set

12x Axi E1 radiant

2017 - Acoltye event

5x Maiming Strike

2x Argon Scope

Sorties and kuva:

yX7C0fh.pngyr7MpW5.pngJBbHNND.pngYUUlEPQ.pngZ8uFvQX.png

oh and all the hussle to get to mastery rank 16 ^^

though a few trades a day would be enough to get the essential stuff

I'm pretty much convinced that they're doing a great job at developing the game, but dont you think this threatment is a "little" too harsh?

Now I cant "appeal" to support or say anything regarding my case, because it will only result to me losing support access, and thats The End.

Edited by soshootso

25 answers to this question

Usually you don't get that kind of treatment from support if its your first offense, so I think there's information here you're not sharing.

15 minutes ago, soshootso said:

But when it comes to mistakes of players, theres pretty much 0 tolerance...

Secondly this is not true. Two times I've purchased items in the store with plat erroneously, and both times support was more that understanding and took back the item and issued a refund. 

Edited by (PS4)Regiampiero

Unfortunately this is not an issue that we here on the forums can help you with. This is a matter that will need to be resolved with Warframe support staff.

Additionally, the Terms of Use Agreement for the game states that the use of alternate (read: multiple) accounts to circumvent in game restrictions (in this case riven mod slots) is a violation of the agreement and can result in any and all accounts being removed:

The creation of alternate accounts will be handled on a case by case basis, and we reserve the right to remove accounts used to circumvent any form of restrictions to the game or the Service including the official Warframe forums.

Edited by Letter13
Added comments for clarity.

1 minute ago, soshootso said:

Listen, I made a mistake. Can we please get over this and not act like this is a grave attack against warframe or its community. Its not like I scammed another player or DDOS'ed the servers.

As much as I disagree with how your last post was ended, nothing positive can happen by going down the road your heading. Try to contact support in a polite manner and ask them if there's anything you can do to un-ban your account. 

5 minutes ago, soshootso said:

Listen, I made a mistake. Can we please get over this and not act like this is a grave attack against warframe or its community. Its not like I scammed another player or DDOS'ed the servers.

There has to be something you left out.

I'd contact support in the most polite and kind way you can think of and just ask nicely. 

Do you know why it happened?

There's always a cause and effect.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

As much as I disagree with how your last post was ended, nothing positive can happen by going down the road your heading. Try to contact support in a polite manner and ask them if there's anything you can do to un-ban your account. 

Hi, I can tell you're a very kind, friendly and helpful person. However, I think I'm way past behaving like that. It has been like this for more than a month. I dont want to spam the forums or support, for it wont do anything good for them.

As you noticed, they didnt bother to read my post as where I couldnt contact support, if I did, they would revoke my access to support permantently.

If it was possible, i'd try to have a civilized conversation with support and hopefully meet common grounds. Especialy since one support staff gave me a warning after I was trade banned "If you do it again, your account will be permantently banned", not sure if he ment that I would be given a second chance to prove that it was a mistake, and not an "exploit" to their system and intentional.

Staff wont answer to my messages either, only one did. Hes very nice, but I dont believe he will look into my case. I'm pretty sure I need to leave for the better.

It all depends on what you did to get yourself banned from trade chat. If you posted a recruiting message in there, that's one thing, but if you're one of those people who posts uncouth and disgusting "joke" posts in trade chat, or have tried to trade Warframe items for non-Warframe items, then that's another thing altogether.

If you have been banned for more than a month, or have been waiting for a reply from support for more than a month, I would send in a fresh ticket. It's not like them to do that; I'm sure something has gone awry and you have unfortunately slipped through the cracks. DE's support team is small, but they try very hard to rectify things and fix any and all situations. Please be patient, and send in another ticket.

11 minutes ago, soshootso said:

I transfered riven mods. I'm not able to trade any item with anyone. I'm Mastery Rank 16, played for 2 years and this is my first "offense"

First, time played or MR mean nothing to DE. Second, whatever you did, you got caught, and that's why you were banned. It doesn't matter if it was you secondary account, or a friend told you do it for them, or whatever the reason is, you accepted the conditions DE gave you where it specified a lot of things about the stuff you're talking right now, and even if you don't see it as a problem, or take it a little bit more personal, that's just DE's job to enforce the rules they made, which are made to avoid exploits and prevent mor eserious things from happening.

Appealing to support after commiting any kind of violation is useless, as data is more important than moral. If this was a case including something that can be taken in many different ways, then you could've a chance of appealing to them, but it sounds like you just moved stuff from one account to another, which is, as you should know, forbidden.

this is actualy something i can relate to.... ive actualy made an alt just to get a freezing issue with the game fixed because apparently i was being rude.... managed to fix it myself before the support could even say anything.

what is your problem btw?

I was told by a "community moderator" / ambassador or whatever to contact support after I have been trade banned for an issue with rivens. Support has been neglecting towards me ever since, and now trade banned and banned from support.

I never got banned untill this year, 3 months ago. First ban, no warnings. Then when I try to contact support about it, they tell me to shut up and close the ticket. (how have my friends been unbanned I wonder?)

Tt was first a permanent ban, then i asked them whats up, they said i threatened other players and no other information was available. They later corrected that, then unbanned me, and now im trade banned. Its about rivens, in which i heard of that players get banned for trading that

After asking for help, a community moderator / ambassador advised me to contact support, then he closed my topic. The community advised to be "really friendly". So I did, and waited for about two weeks for a respond.

Today, an email said I have been permantenly banned from support. I know some friends that have done some damaging stuff against this company, which resulted in them getting banned / features restricted. One of my friends has been banned for 7 times (im sure it was 5+), and everytime he got unbanned. I wonder why support is threatening me like this for the first offense that i played warframe, just for some stupid riven mods.

4 minutes ago, RetiredEdgeLord said:

Wait, what? I was about to purchase a lato riven.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)o_0-ErX-0_o said:

That's not exactly true. People sometimes do get banned for no reason, people make mistakes and people make software, nothing is full proof.

That said, i'd like to ask something regarding his post. Riven trading can get you banned? What? Why? How?

Riven trading does not get you banned, however creating multiple account to transfer riven and get a higher amount of Riven slots is against the rules which is what OP did.

At least that's what I got from reading the 4 previous thread he created.

Unless you show us EXACTLY the communication between you and the support team, no one is going to believe you.  Support isn't going to do anything for a good reason.  So.  Screenshots or get out.

Sorry you got banned.  Don't do whatever it is you did again.

Bans (be it trade bans or full game bans) are something that you can only resolve by contacting support. And using alternate accounts to bypass in game restrictions is a violation of the game's Terms of Use Agreement (which you agreed to follow when you signed up for the game). 

Bans are not issued without reason, and being banned from the support desk only occurs if you do 1 of 2 things: spamming support with tickets, or acting in an abusive manner towards support representatives. In no circumstance should you be doing either of these things; spamming tickets does not get your issue resolved faster (instead you should be updating your existing ticket with a follow up comment or two) and being abusive towards DE staff who are there to help you is just plain unwise.

Unfortunately there isn't much else we can do for you here on the forums @soshootso as we do not have the ability to see the full story. You may need to wait for your support ban to expire (assuming you only mildly spammed support) before you can contact them again. In the future you may want to avoid burning bridges.