Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Feedback 20.3.1 and beyond

ScribbleClash

I just want to be able to hold the power button for renewal and send out a new wave to apply it to new team mates without having to turn it off for the previous recipients. So tap it to send out initial wave and then if you need to hold it to keep it on but send out a new wave. Would allow to also take advantage of the i tial heal in a quick heal situation. 

This is getting ridiculous. I've posted my Oberon in late game content, content that far surpasses the Sorties in difficulty, and now I'm going to post this:

The ONLY corrupted mod that I use is Fleeting Expertise. You don't even need Primed Flow, normal Flow works. Everything else is *EASILY* obtainable. In LifeOfRio's build, he didn't need Transient Fortitude and would still be able to strip armor in 2 casts with just Growing Power, Intensify, and Power Drift. Again though, Power Drift alone is just fine esp when paired with Natural Talent.

The "Frost strips armor" argument is flawed, because Frost prevents allies from using status effects on targets he armor strips AND his armor strip doesn't stack with itself AND he needs a highly specialized build to pull it off and even then that build is utter crap. What Frost brings to a party is his bubble and CC, and neither of those require any power strength at all to maximize and building for Strength takes away from his Duration, Range, and Efficiency.

People want to dump Blind Rage on Oberon and hope it works when they know full well that it tanks his efficiency then they run to the forums and complain about energy issues.

Edited by Music4Therapy

38 minutes ago, Music4Therapy said:

People want to dump Blind Rage on Oberon and hope it works when they know full well that it tanks his efficiency then they run to the forums and complain about energy issues.

I've been told that I shouldn't try to point out bad Oberon builds because there's, "more than one answer." This was from someone who insists they need Arcane Energize in order to keep Oberon's energy up because he has energy issues, though, so take that how you will.

People don't want to treat Oberon like every other frame with a channeled ability that you use often. They want to see bigger numbers and make him a pseudo-Chroma/Valkyr/Rhino with regenerating health for no good reason. They don't want to emphasize his strengths by building him in a balanced manner. They don't want to be told that Oberon is meant to emphasize his balance. They just want to do whatever they want and then complain that the frame is the problem.

Oberon with 200 armor is outright bad... risking Death each time you have to reload a weapon, hack or revive a teammate because you stopped spamming skill is too much considering skills are not even so good :|

And this from a player that usually avoids vitality or any def mod on any frame.

6 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

That's not "Oberon vs lvl 300+ enemies", that's "Oberon with 3 other people vs lvl 300+ enemies".

They were able to use other auras because Oberon was capable of stripping enemies of armor by himself. If you aren't happy with this content, then I can post me soloing Sorties, or even Mot for ~90 minutes. No focus school required, Oberon doesn't need Naramon or Zenurik.

6 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

The fact that your Phoenix Renewal procs each time you stop moving for 1.5 second tells enough I guess.

You don't understand Oberon. He was against level 300s and in order to sustain his energy pool while upkeeping Renewal on his whole party at all times he needs to be able to take a hit regardless of what level the enemy is. This allowed him to completely restore his energy pool every 90 seconds regardless of the enemy level. But again, you don't understand Oberon otherwise you wouldn't have made this comment.

Edited by Music4Therapy

47 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

That's not "Oberon vs lvl 300+ enemies", that's "Oberon with 3 other people vs lvl 300+ enemies".

The fact that your Phoenix Renewal procs each time you stop moving for 1.5 second tells enough I guess.

That's just reaching now. Some of you just need to just give up the "Oberon is the worst most useless frame of all time" schtick. 

He's more than good enough now and can definitely cruise through sorties. It's not even necessary for him to solo lvl 300 content. In fact, any frame that can, I would consider broken. Cheese frames should NOT be the goal at all for a WF.

49 minutes ago, Music4Therapy said:

You don't understand Oberon.

This pretty much says it all. Trying to convince heathens how much Oberon rules is like trying to convince a vegan to eat a steak. You will not get them to understand.

Let them be ignorant and wallow in their lack of iron, zinc and protein. 

I'm not at all against Oberon, I kinda like him.

I'm just against people stating "See, he rocks, look at my 10-second Simulacrum test and me destroying level 300 enemies with a full unspecified team and a Zenistar". Especially when the guys attacks another guy stating directly "You are bad" then linking this kind of "proof". This is why lots of newcomers don't stay long in this game : vast superiority feeling of lots of people. They don't care if their "skill" is based on 3 teammates with an optimized setup as well as the 300-day-login reward for mass control, everyone else "is just bad".

I could survive with my Operator in the same conditions, that wouldn't prove anything, would it ?

Edited by Chewarette

1 minute ago, Chewarette said:

I'm not at all against Oberon, I kinda like him.

I'm just against people stating "See, he rocks, look at my 10-second Simulacrum test and me destroying level 300 enemies with a full unspecified team and a Zenistar".

I could survive with my Operator in the same conditions, that wouldn't prove anything, would it ?

But he does rock..  he does good damage, CC, heals and gives an armor buff. 

IMO his balance is where stronger frames need to be. He isn't OP, but he can definitely hold his own in all content.

No other frame is more versatile

10 hours ago, Music4Therapy said:

This is getting ridiculous. I've posted my Oberon in late game content, content that far surpasses the Sorties in difficulty, and now I'm going to post this:

The ONLY corrupted mod that I use is Fleeting Expertise. You don't even need Primed Flow, normal Flow works. Everything else is *EASILY* obtainable. In LifeOfRio's build, he didn't need Transient Fortitude and would still be able to strip armor in 2 casts with just Growing Power, Intensify, and Power Drift. Again though, Power Drift alone is just fine esp when paired with Natural Talent.

The "Frost strips armor" argument is flawed, because Frost prevents allies from using status effects on targets he armor strips AND his armor strip doesn't stack with itself AND he needs a highly specialized build to pull it off and even then that build is utter crap. What Frost brings to a party is his bubble and CC, and neither of those require any power strength at all to maximize and building for Strength takes away from his Duration, Range, and Efficiency.

high power strength and a manageable drain is very possible... my only problem with Oberon's energy becoming is the "per target" energy cost. It's stupid - Cruel and unnecessary punishment for doing his job... it would be awesome if you stopped assuming your way is the only way... no one said high power strength is a must have on Oberon, we just don't wanna have to pay for our heal on initial cast, while it's not healing, AND while it's healing. Don't you agree that is a little redundant? It's not about high power strength vs low power strength or effeciency vs duration or corrupted mods... we just don't want this ridiculous per target cost... it doesn't make sense and doesn't have a justification and if it does that doesn't justify it being higher than the already existing energy cost.

Edited by (PS4)BigEffinDud

Oberon is prerty powerful now. I know its not endgame but i used oberon prime in yesterday's sorties (mobile defense, defense, and a rescue). I was moslty just testing him out, but he did very well. I never went down, and even did highest damage in the defense round without spamming reckoning. Iron renewal is very useful to the group, heal over time plus armor.

13 hours ago, DiosGX said:

This pretty much says it all. Trying to convince heathens how much Oberon rules is like trying to convince a vegan to eat a steak. You will not get them to understand.

Let them be ignorant and wallow in their lack of iron, zinc and protein. 

Yep. It's those people who prevent nerfs after all. 

I mean he CAN legitimately take on a hoard of level 300+ enemys due to his efficient self substain, energy management and DoT+Insta Cc. All while bringing broken decent support, damage and dbuffs onto the table too.

I'd love to see enemys legitimately oneshoting trough more then 2500 permanently regenerating active health under easily 700 armor. Cause that's what you need to kill a oberon who can interrupt the damage with Reckoning while beein able to shredd trough sortie bosses like it's nothing...level 300+ won't do. Not at all.

I haven't had time to try and learn a raid yet, so I traded for a few energize. Even with a 20% chance to proc, it procs frequently enough to make a difference. I can't even imagine what a full stack would be like! However, I don't run energize with oberon. I just use one of the syndicate weapons or weapons with syndicate mods that proc energy regen and have found that to be more than enough. Still use rage though.

Edited by (PS4)Zelisius

On 6/6/2017 at 10:21 PM, Music4Therapy said:

Meh, I just use CP and 254% Power str, seems i have to use a carpet first to strip armor though.  Casting his most expensive skill more then 1 time...derp...

On 6/7/2017 at 4:26 AM, Chewarette said:

Lol... this is hilarious. So in order for Oberon to be "good" in your eyes, he needs to be able to solo level 300 enemies without dying? Yeah, cuz level 300 is child's play. You shouldn't even need another teammate until AT LEAST level 9,999, amiright?

Edit: In all seriousness, let's be honest. Rio's vid is representative of typical high level play amongst the community. You go in with a team. A TEAM. Sure there are Solo endless players, but in order to do the stuff that normally requires a team, they have to resort to uber cheese or die.

Edited by (XB1)DRG JupiterIvan

5 hours ago, KnightCole said:

Meh, I just use CP and 254% Power str, seems i have to use a carpet first to strip armor though.  Casting his most expensive skill more then 1 time...derp...

I use 214 power strength, I found the energy cost of Renewal to be way too high when I tried 254% strength I think I had like 135% efficiency, but hella low duration though so my drain was like 3.5 and 5.25... now I'm at 95% duration with 105% effeciency, 214% strength with 2 and 3 for Renewal. Holds up pretty nice and with 740 energy by the time enemies are strong enough for me to want to strip armor rage gives me MORE than enough to cast twice with no problem. Did a 102min survival on Mot and only had to cast Renewal once. I think this is the build for me

with that being said, per target energy cost should still be removed. 

Edited by (PS4)BigEffinDud

10 hours ago, (Xbox One)DRG JupiterIvan said:

Lol... this is hilarious. So in order for Oberon to be "good" in your eyes, he needs to be able to solo level 300 enemies without dying? Yeah, cuz level 300 is child's play. You shouldn't even need another teammate until AT LEAST level 9,999, amiright?

Edited : Nvm, won't be feeding any more, if you don't want/try to understand the point.

Edited by Chewarette

29 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

Edited : Nvm, won't be feeding any more, if you don't want/try to understand the point.

No I get the point. How can you accurately analyze Oberon's capabilities if he's with other frames that may be altering his abilities? What we saw wasn't just Oberon, sure. But seeing as how Oberon is primarily a support frame, he's best shown with a team.

The same could be said about many other frames, to be fair. A team is always better than Solo and a frame's powers could mean so much more amongst a team rather than solo. 

Oberon is a team player. Can he Solo? Of course he can, and he can Solo quite well, in fact. But to truly understand what an Oberon can do he has to be in a team environment. That's what you fail to understand.

Rio was basically showing you how Oberon is played and you shrugged it off and decided to make a snide comment. 

Personally i like him after the rework and have been trying way more variants of builds than other frames. Even with 160 efficiency the drain when you have a nekros summoned minions is making me hate nekros. The time spent getting a build that fits my playstyle (support) gets destroyed for the other party members when nekros summons his recastable skill. Wish they would change it back as its got to the point of 'nekros hmm no renewal for the team then'.

Edit: asking the nekros player to not summon is often replied with 'its not my problem'.

Edited by TailleDefer