Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we please talk about Tennocon Digital Pass?

Wevi

I bought the ticket expecting something exclusive  to get from Baro. If baro is going to be bring everything he ever sold and nothing more than that is not exclusive. I was expecting something a little bit more. Untradeable even something other than just a few stickers.

Not to be extremely ungrateful for cause in which the proceeds will go to but essentially did I just buy $20 worth of undiscounted plat and 5-6 more for a raffle ticket to win 100k of untradeable plat and some stickers?

27 minutes ago, Wevi said:

I bought the ticket expecting something exclusive  to get from Baro. If baro is going to be bring everything he ever sold and nothing more than that is not exclusive. I was expecting something a little bit more. Untradeable even something other than just a few stickers.

Not to be extremely ungrateful for cause in which the proceeds will go to but essentially did I just buy $20 worth of undiscounted plat and 5-6 more for a raffle ticket to win 100k of untradeable plat and some stickers?

Honestly, you should not have expected to get exclusive items.  It's not really DE's thing to do that, especially when they know that the community will go into an uproar if they put exclusive items beyond such a paywall. 

Edited by aligatorno

18 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ALG Minuscule36 said:

Do you already know what he's bringing? Interesting.

He's bringing everything. Not 1 or 2 of his usual stock, but the motherload.

Another words:

- primed mods

- event mods

- prisma/mara weapons

- cosmetic

- boosters

- beacons

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Gray Silhouette said:

Tbh i'm just salty that it doesn't include the syandana. I would've bought it right after todays stream when they said what baro was bringing.

Yeah, the non-syandana @(*()$ sucks, I don't have $2000 to go for a trip to Canada for tenno-con, that syandana is basically Canada/US exclusive, for a global game it's really disappointing. it could at least be a Baro option, even if it's like 5K Ducats and some plat.

Edited by Carnage2K4

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)ALG Minuscule36 said:

Do you already know what he's bringing? Interesting.

NHv1Nqr.png?1

2 minutes ago, Neo_182 said:

Or you know, an exclusive item to thank the players that made the trip.

I know of a few players coming in from the UK.

We can't have everything that's just how life is.

I'm going from West Coast to East Coast. While I'm not really a fan of exclusives, it is nice getting a special "you attended!" thing.

1 minute ago, Neo_182 said:

It's a really fun event. I am unable to attend this year unfortunately.

It's just a cape. 

People really need to take a step back with these things.

You're going? Cool, you get the cape.

You can't go? Too bad, no cape.

You still want to participate and contribute goods news! That's what the digital ticket is for.

Yeah.  I'm half tempted to give away the code for the cape because, well, aside from the Alata skin, I'm in love with the Nsaru.

I can't attend due to my disability. But I do wish we could have gotten the syandana for the digital ticket due to some people not having the capability to be there.

edit: this isn't me begging them to change it, it just would have been nice that syandana is very beautiful.

Edited by OxideNation

23 minutes ago, OxideNation said:

I can't attend due to my disability. But I do wish we could have gotten the syandana for the digital ticket due to some people not having the capability to be there.

edit: this isn't me begging them to change it, it just would have been nice that syandana is very beautiful.

this

wouldn't even mind if it was last year tennocon cape. Should be atleast something new

42 minutes ago, OxideNation said:

I'm guessing you mean financially, because there are very few that stop anyone from flying and getting around.

He even rental cars here can be gotten for those with disabilities that lack legs.

2 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

I'm guessing you mean financially, because there are very few that stop anyone from flying and getting around.

He even rental cars here can be gotten for those with disabilities that lack legs.

sent you a message.

2 hours ago, Neo_182 said:

Or you know, an exclusive item to thank the players that made the trip.

I know of a few players coming in from the UK.

We can't have everything that's just how life is.

That's all very well when you're talking about school, wealth or whatever, but these are digital items that can with ease and no cost to DE be distributed whether you can pay $2K to get to Canada or you live around the corner from the theatre. a $50 collectors digital ticket would be easy to provide...

Edited by Carnage2K4

12 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

That's all very well when you're talking about school, wealth or whatever, but these are digital items that can with ease and no cost to DE be distributed whether you can pay $2K to get to Canada or you live around the corner from the theatre. a $50 collectors digital ticket would be easy to provide...

Then why should they even bother with TennoCon? They only are doing this because it is what we asked for last year, a way to participate in a way as well.

This is like ALL conventions, you get a special something for spending money and time to join them in person.

23 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

Then why should they even bother with TennoCon? They only are doing this because it is what we asked for last year, a way to participate in a way as well.

This is like ALL conventions, you get a special something for spending money and time to join them in person.

Are you actually suggesting that a synadana is the only reason to bother going to tennocon?

T-shirts, panels, the event itself  meet the devs etc etc... all that stuff we around the world cannot get, all that stuff is exclusive to attendance because it has to be, the digital items are global, they can be given to anyone instantaneously there is no specific reason they need to be attendance only , anyone attending the event or not can acquire them if allowed. Localised digital items are always BS because there is no reason they need to be, frankly if you're attending the entire event for the syandana you have some really odd priorities.

We're not asking for a freebee, just an opportunity to get the same digital items others can get because they are the only items that do not need thousands of dollars to acquire for the rest of the world.

Edited by Carnage2K4

If I had over 100k of ducats I would seriously consider getting that digital ticket. The amount of rare-tradeable items Baro will be bringing could bag a person enough plat to cover the ticket price twice over...

But I doubt I can get enough ducat-worthy stuff to get even close to 100k in the mean time. Still considering getting said ticket though. Plenty of non tradable rare stuff he'll be bringing that might be "worth" getting (as "worth" in this context is wholly subjective). 

Now to convince the missus that's abt 30 Euros well spend... (If you have tips, this would be a great time to share them 😄)

Pretty happy they didn't have Baro offer even more exclusive content, given a big part of his stock is gear with unique stats and I was worried DE would slip in another Excal Prime/Primed Chamber type item. Exclusive cosmetics are one thing, items that improve your gameplay performance another.

1 hour ago, ComCray said:

If I had over 100k of ducats I would seriously consider getting that digital ticket. The amount of rare-tradeable items Baro will be bringing could bag a person enough plat to cover the ticket price twice over...

But I doubt I can get enough ducat-worthy stuff to get even close to 100k in the mean time. Still considering getting said ticket though. Plenty of non tradable rare stuff he'll be bringing that might be "worth" getting (as "worth" in this context is wholly subjective). 

Now to convince the missus that's abt 30 Euros well spend... (If you have tips, this would be a great time to share them 😄)

Turns out it's about 17 euros.. That is well doable considering the possible ROI...

Turns out it's still 69 days to go... That is well over three months.. more then enough time to get well over 100k on ducats...

I'm sold...