Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operation: Ambulas Reborn - Why Corpus Outpost only?

Bibliothekar

Why do I feel like nobody at DE sat down to check the list of possible event nodes? It took me less that two minutes to get all candidates - Venus and Pluto except their ship missions. Phobos is all ships, Ice Planet and Gas City don't count, so Jupiter, Europa and Neptune are out. And that's it. 7 nodes on Venus and 6 nodes on Pluto. Only two of the reward brackets (1-10 and 31-40). That's all the event is. Great job, very done.

I think the event would greatly profit if outdoor tiles on the Ice Planet allowed the dropship to land as well. Because doing Exterminates on Pluto over and over again quickly gets boring, I'd like to have a change of scenery once in a while (even at the cost of fewer beacons).

Edited by Bibliothekar
ships, not shops

12 minutes ago, Clem2-TheClemening said:

Because this is the introduction of Pluto's boss? Not much point in putting all of the effort into making it work elsewhere just for the event.

^

19 minutes ago, Bibliothekar said:

Why do I feel like nobody at DE sat down to check the list of possible event nodes? It took me less that two minutes to get all candidates - Venus and Pluto except their ship missions. Phobos is all ships, Ice Planet and Gas City don't count, so Jupiter, Europa and Neptune are out. And that's it. 7 nodes on Venus and 6 nodes on Pluto. Only two of the reward brackets (1-10 and 31-40). That's all the event is. Great job, very done.

I think the event would greatly profit if outdoor tiles on the Ice Planet allowed the dropship to land as well. Because doing Exterminates on Pluto over and over again quickly gets boring, I'd like to have a change of scenery once in a while (even at the cost of fewer beacons).

You said Neptune doesn't count, but Neptune is also a Corpus Outpost planet.

4 minutes ago, -N7-Leonhart said:

You said Neptune doesn't count, but Neptune is also a Corpus Outpost planet.

Oh, yeah, it looks like two nodes are corpus outpost, even if most of the planetary ones are ice planet.

In general though, if "corpus outpost" is really the only tileset that it works on, I don't understand why they'd dance around that information instead of being direct about it.

The OP does have one point though. In that DE suggest a scaling reward system for fighting higher levels as you go up the solar map, but didn't realize as they did that, that only basically the weakest and toughest Corpus planets could even work for the event at all. 

4 hours ago, Bibliothekar said:

It's not. I've done about half a dozen missions on Europa without seeing a single Ambulas.

i did europa and got a 45 score so yes they do spawn there and i am not the only one it looks like 

1 hour ago, mplokijuhygtfrdeszqa said:

I've done mission on Europa and Ambulas spawn here.

Edited by Gildarts_bb

12 hours ago, mplokijuhygtfrdeszqa said:

...I also did two long excavation at Hieracon (Pluto Dark Sector), and no ambulas. Was I unlucky, or is it because enemies aren't corpus?

can't say on that one as i have have not tried it but that seems likely