Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is this a new trend for events DE?

BoomyGordo

On 5/7/2017 at 5:36 PM, taiiat said:
On 5/7/2017 at 4:23 PM, taiiat said:

14 Ambulas Encounters per day over 6/7 of the days isn't super awful.

in fact, that fits right in with the 'only plays during prime time hours in their Timezone' sort of Player. ~40min a day, an hour tops. totally reasonable.

I do agree with you here, though. 14 ambulas encounters is 2 20 wave defenses. It's not at all hard to reach that while playing casually. However, I still think that solo clans have a right to exist, and that we should be careful in the future that we don't make requirements unreasonable for them.

24 minutes ago, Azrael said:

However, I still think that solo clans have a right to exist, and that we should be careful in the future that we don't make requirements unreasonable for them.

isn't that a quite easy thing to prevent? requirements simply being something that's doable for a Player. this Event is a good example to work off of for the future in that regard.

23 minutes ago, Volinus7 said:

Negative reinforcement, that's why it's 400 instead of 200. 

I think they need to tell players directly that they want to lower the amount of solo clan lol.

Well, it could help to remove the exclusivity of the Clan research first, then do something like this.

1 minute ago, Gamma745 said:

Well, it could help to remove the exclusivity of the Clan research first, then do something like this.

Haha as if DE would want to remove a skinner box that they created by themselves lol.

As absolutely inane as it would be to say add a couple members to the clan, I would still kinda stand by that idea, if at the very least, you get a couple of people you know are gonna be active on a regular-ish basis. I know solo clans are still a thing, but a couple tenno in a ghost clan passively accumulating resources consistently isn't all bad, is it? I feel like I'm probably missing a point here, as it would no longer be solo-play, and I'm sure something in this is bound to set off a landmine or two.

• 2 weeks later...

Eh... this really boiled down to a lot of defense mission runs... so the Ambulas beacons weren't really difficult... just time consuming.

Maybe roll an alt so you can detach yourself from the Dojo for the event, then get reinvited back to the dojo?

That's pretty easy to do if you have both the Steam and non-Steam versions installed as you can log in with different accounts to both - assuming your computer will handle that that is.  Granted, I'm not sure if that's a TOS/EULA violation or not >.>

I'm not sure how that would work for console without requiring a second console running Warframe.

Personally i think the requirement seems odd and arbitrary:

200 solo to fight boss, 400 if you are in a clan? This would make sense if the boss dropped something clan related but it doesn't - its a direct reward to the player - and only the player that goes and fights him.

The gold trophy requirement makes sense to me 250 for a ghost clan or whatever - no relief if you are a solo clan: thats fine.  And its still perfectly achievable for the solo player (I did 380+ run and only left because I had to go to bed not because it was getting to hard - so if I was the only member in my clan I'd have the gold trophy anyway.

The Pacifism defect it made sense since the blueprint was awarded to the clan not the player (yes I know there were add'l rewards of fully built to top 10% - which was I also nearly achieved enough alone for the clan to place us in top 10% for the reward and probably could have).

But back to this one: The "privilege" of fighting the boss should not have been tied to the being in a clan - just the gold trophy.

Edited by (XB1)Tucker D Dawg