Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is this a new trend for events DE?

BoomyGordo

having objective requirements be tied to clans?

im in a soloclan. no one else aside from me has ever been a member of this clan and yet because im in a clan i have to get 400 instead of 200. a simple check could have been run at the time of determining the requirment for the player. see what clan the person is in, if the clan has only one member then give them the solo requirments regardless of clan level.

i know its more work to put in that check and have it not break things but its also much more consistant and doesnt screw over people who are in solo clans

Edited by --Shadow-Stalker--

Well, they view clans as a GROUP of people who share a common interest (usually the game, and playing/interacting together). This is a pretty normal and fair assumption. If you wish to subvert a system designed for group interaction and collaboration by trying to solo it, you'll have to struggle more. That's not why clans exist.

Basically just deal with it. It ain't gonna change. And for once I agree with DE on this.

2 minutes ago, tarfeef101 said:

Well, they view clans as a GROUP of people who share a common interest (usually the game, and playing/interacting together). This is a pretty normal and fair assumption. If you wish to subvert a system designed for group interaction and collaboration by trying to solo it, you'll have to struggle more. That's not why clans exist.

Basically just deal with it. It ain't gonna change. And for once I agree with DE on this.

except that isnt the issue. the issue is they even list a requirment for "solo" people. having a clan dojo doesnt make you any less solo if your the only one in it so solo rewards should still apply to you and they dont.

4 minutes ago, --Shadow-Stalker-- said:

except that isnt the issue. the issue is they even list a requirment for "solo" people. having a clan dojo doesnt make you any less solo if your the only one in it so solo rewards should still apply to you and they dont.

but you are in a clan c.c you aren't a solo player

1 minute ago, Hemmo67 said:

but you are in a clan c.c you aren't a solo player

if im the only person in the clan yes. hence why i suggested running a check to see if the person is the only person in the clan they are in

3 minutes ago, --Shadow-Stalker-- said:

if im the only person in the clan yes. hence why i suggested running a check to see if the person is the only person in the clan they are in

but clans aren't ment to be solo c.c

Just now, Hemmo67 said:

but clans aren't ment to be solo c.c

that doesnt mean that players dont end up in solo clans for one reason or another. some make it and prefer solo. others play on potatoes and cant handle multiplayer. some are devoted to the clan even though everyone else leaves it. its not right to punish these players and force them to do extra work despite still be solo

2 minutes ago, --Shadow-Stalker-- said:

that doesnt mean that players dont end up in solo clans for one reason or another. some make it and prefer solo.

Yeah, and they get to be a special snowflake and deal with the same requirements as every other clan. It's not the developers fault that you want to be a solo player with their own solo clan. It's a multiplayer game for a reason.

That being said, I do agree that it should be based on the number of people in the clan, rather than just the clan size. I do not, however, agree with this rationale that, "some people prefer solo so we should change the rules for them."

Just now, Chipputer said:

Yeah, and they get to be a special snowflake and deal with the same requirements as every other clan. It's not the developers fault that you want to be a solo player with their own solo clan. It's a multiplayer game for a reason.

That being said, I do agree that it should be based on the number of people in the clan, rather than just the clan size. I do not, however, agree with this rationale that, "some people prefer solo so we should change the rules for them."

its not even changing the rules, its just running a check to see if they are solo or not. solo is solo. even if you are in a clan you can still be solo. they added in a clause catering to solo players so the rules are already changed its just that even if you are SOLO in a SOLO CLAN you are marked as not solo.

its not about catering to anyone, its about not screwing some one over because they are in a clan by them selves for what ever reason.

Just now, --Shadow-Stalker-- said:

even if you are in a clan you can still be solo.

The current event lets you accumulate beacons with the help of your clan or without. You can run solo while your clan runs together and you'll both add to the same pool as you collect. There is no reason to change the rules because a few kids decided to make a solo clan. That's what you're asking for whether you want to admit it or not.

Or does, "I'm in a solo clan, why do I need 400 instead of 200," somehow tell me that you aren't asking for the rules to be changed because you're a special snowflake who wants to pretend that you can't sit in a clan of 10 people and simply not talk to them unless you have to?

The clan requirement is just arbitrary though

1 minute ago, Chipputer said:

The current event lets you accumulate beacons with the help of your clan or without. You can run solo while your clan runs together and you'll both add to the same pool as you collect. There is no reason to change the rules because a few kids decided to make a solo clan. That's what you're asking for whether you want to admit it or not.

Or does, "I'm in a solo clan, why do I need 400 instead of 200," somehow tell me that you aren't asking for the rules to be changed because you're a special snowflake who wants to pretend that you can't sit in a clan of 10 people and simply not talk to them unless you have to?

Everyone should need 200 for the boss regardless of clan status or size. The clan requirement is just arbitrary and silly.

1 minute ago, Chipputer said:

you must have missed the part where i asked the requirements to be based off the number of players in a clan and not the clan size. you have some people in higher teir clans that are either dead or everyone left. but **** them right? they shouldnt have stayed in the clan they put effort into if they wanted to do the event right?

36 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Lots of us have been asking for requirements be 'number of members in clan' based rather than tier based but the dev's don't seem to want to do that for some reason..

Because some clans are composed of Casual players who cant always attend to these events so their presence in the clan would affect the requirements. My clan for example has around 20 members of which 4~5 are active. The rest logs in once every 30~90 days.

49 minutes ago, tarfeef101 said:

Clans exist to get weapons. That's all.

Just because someone in DE out there is a stubborn .... doesn't excuse anything. There's no reason being excluded from event activity or unable to get dojo weapons just because you enjoy playing solo or don't have a time searching for "people who share a common interest".

Whole community is twisted as hell if they think that playing a game needs to be a "struggle". Playing with 'friends' should be easier but it shoudln't be a requirement, so many people get it backwards it actually hurts, that you should actually suffer because you don't want to deal with people. Ridiculous.

Edited by -Temp0-

37 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

It's a multiplayer game for a reason.

I wanna say something about this because everyone else glazed over it and ignored it entirely. 

Yes, Warframe has got a number of team-based elements, and yes it's got things that even require you to be with other people. However, this doesn't make it only a multiplayer game.

If we want to get technical, it's got more solo content than multiplayer content. Every single cinematic quest or actual story experience has been solo, and the game starts you off in solo matchmaking without even telling you that multiplayer even exists outside of the hints on the loading screens. The story also rarely refers to other Tenno outside of random "oh Tenno still exist, but only because it's technically an MMO and it we have to put that out there" and exposition in Events. As far as Warframe's lore is concerned, it's a one-person show. 

So we can't call Warframe a "multiplayer game" without being utterly wrong because, in fact, it is only multiplayer for half of the damn game. And if you can do everything but Raids 100% solo, you cannot accurately call it a multiplayer game because TRUE multiplayer games don't even give you the option. 

Warframe is a game, and it has multiplayer. Very different. 

This would be a non-issue entirely if you didn't NEED clan access to get clan-tech weapons. In a game where progression is entirely based around collecting everything you can't reasonably cite "well you don't HAVE to get clan-tech weapons" in defense of the current system. It shouldn't be that difficult to simply consider ghost clans=1 member the same as solo.

Solo players still have incentive to create a clan just to get access to all of the game content, and some players are forced into solo play by circumstance rather than preference. Either way, a one player clan should absolutely count as a solo player. Or can somebody offer up a reason as to why they need to be shouldered with a 100% increase to 400 beacons? Something other than elitist irritation and projection of entitlement, please. This is a simple QOL suggestion; I don't see why it's getting any backlash at all.

6 minutes ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

This would be a non-issue entirely if you didn't NEED clan access to get clan-tech weapons. In a game where progression is entirely based around collecting everything you can't reasonably cite "well you don't HAVE to get clan-tech weapons" in defense of the current system. It shouldn't be that difficult to simply consider ghost clans=1 member the same as solo.

Solo players still have incentive to create a clan just to get access to all of the game content, and some players are forced into solo play by circumstance rather than preference. Either way, a one player clan should absolutely count as a solo player. Or can somebody offer up a reason as to why they need to be shouldered with a 100% increase to 400 beacons? Something other than elitist irritation and projection of entitlement, please. This is a simple QOL suggestion; I don't see why it's getting any backlash at all.

couldnt have said it better my self. the whole reason im in a solo clan is i wanted to make it and surprise my friend who had not been able to find a clan after gtting kicked from his last clan. but he had gotten invited to a clan by his brother and i didnt want to put all the work i put into the place to waste

8 minutes ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

If a ghost clan has a 100% increase in beacon requirements, that would simply mean, that each of 10 Potential players would have to hack 8 Ambulas. No one should get special snowflake treatment, of course it sucks, that some people otherwise couldn't access all of the content in the game, but you can always create a secondary account, get it into the clan, promote it, leave the clan, play the event stuff, invite yourself again. Solution done. You would have to pay for the Clan key though. Solution? 

2 minutes ago, Hopakkiin said:

If a ghost clan has a 100% increase in beacon requirements, that would simply mean, that each of 10 Potential players would have to hack 8 Ambulas. No one should get special snowflake treatment, of course it sucks, that some people otherwise couldn't access all of the content in the game, but you can always create a secondary account, get it into the clan, promote it, leave the clan, play the event stuff, invite yourself again. Solution done. You would have to pay for the Clan key though. Solution? 

no solution here since this violates the ToS and would get you and your alt banned.

1 minute ago, --Shadow-Stalker-- said:

no solution here since this violates the ToS and would get you and your alt banned.

Then where is the problem in simply hacking Ambulas 80 times? If any solution seems simple, it is possibly not a solution, but rather another step down the path that longs for a solution. I actually don't see a problem in grinding it hard, because that is basically the game. 

Just now, Hopakkiin said:

Then where is the problem in simply hacking Ambulas 80 times? If any solution seems simple, it is possibly not a solution, but rather another step down the path that longs for a solution. I actually don't see a problem in grinding it hard, because that is basically the game. 

because a solo player should be treated as a solo player, not as a group of players. i presented the solotion of a simple check being ran when the event starts, they have to run one anyway to see what your goal has to be.