Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should Venus get its own tileset?

Now that the corpus outpost tileset is being used for Pluto and Ambulas, should Venus get it's own unique tileset to reflect its hot climate? I feel like it might freshen up the new player experience to have a nice introduction to the corpus and what they're about right after they finish up Earth.

Venus is by far the hottest planet in the Solar System, with a mean surface temperature of 735 K (462 °C; 863 °F)

*looks at current snowy tileset*

Yes. Yes, it should.

Could also be Phobos since pretty much all that's there is corpus ships. And all the resource drops there are exactly the same as Pluto.

But yeah, I agree that some Corpus planet could use new tile set. I've been thinking that a Corpus junkyard would be neat. Just a planet filled with everything the Corpus considers obsolete. Outdated technology, prototypes that never made it to the assembly line, or just stuff that's broken down and rusted to the point where it's barely functional.

Venus is canonically snowy and cold in Warframe, most likely due to Orokin interference in its environment. I don't expect them to change the tileset in the future. The universe of Warframe is distinctly NOT the universe we live in now. See: Uranus tileset.

Edited by GrayArchon

Of course venus needs it's own tileset. Though, I will say, perhaps there's better things that DE wants to add in to the game right now though. Still, in the meanwhile, I think it would make much more sense to see the corpus gas city tileset than the corpus outpost tileset (venus' atmosphere is high in sulfur iirc, so its atmosphere should be a similar color to that of the jupiter tileset).