Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tokens and Optional Event Badges

ComCray

Let me start off by praising DE for having listened to the community and offering us tokens with which we can choose our personal awards. People have asked for this and DE delivered. Well done. Let's hope it's a success so they are more inclined to include it in other parts of the game. 

BUT

I think offering the event badge as an optional something you'd buy is a mistake. One of the great things about the badges is that every time I look for something to put on my arm I'm reminded about the diverse events I've been a part of. It's like how an athlete can look at their trophy cabinet and see all the little flags of the events they have been part of. And AFAIK they always get one of them little flags. It's a memory, and acknowledgement that you were there and did the thing. There's probably a good English word for it but for the life of me I can't find it right now.  memento.

I'm pretty sure there's people now that won't go and buy the thing. Maybe they don't have the time to farm the amount of beacons orther then what they (think) they really need for the stuff. Maybe they think it's just fluff. Whatever the reason, a few months/years down the line they have nothing that shows they were part of this event. The mods will be implemented in the game in a myriad of other ways, the noggle will be sold in the market for 35p, the Supra Vandal will be a invasion reward or sold by baro every X months.

The only reward unique to this event will be the Badge and (maybe) the Sigil. And there'll be people who won't have it. Not because they weren't there, but because it was optional. It just doesn't sit right with me.

So... Dear DE, 

Can you PLEASE make it so that in future events the Badge of the event is a given? Not optional, not dependent on how many of the thing you did, not something you need to buy. No, you participate in the event, do the thing once, you get a badge. Simple, sweet, fair. 

Sincerely, Me.

edit: thank you @Katinka :D

Edited by ComCray

1 minute ago, Katinka said:

I think the word you are looking for is memento, an object kept as a reminder of a person or event.

Yes.. thank you!!! I was SO close, but "memoriam" was most definitely not it ;)

Yeah I said this the day it was released, the badge at the very least should be given out like the supra was.  The sigil on the other hand I kind of feel can stay a purchasable item. 

Bigger issue I have with the token system is what are they going to use for the next event, I have a feeling it will turn into another baro with repeat after repeat because it's not like we have an excess of things to buy that we can't get elsewhere.  There's also the fact we won't be able to use Ambulas tokens on the next event so we could potentially have left over tokens which have no purpose, a 'standard' token for all events would have been better imo. 

I have to respectfully disagree. While it seems that way, it makes it so that people do not just stop at supra vandal or just the non syndicate mods. This game is about grind, and the amount the badge and sigil cost were not that high. I think it was a fine choice, and I welcome something similar to sorties (Raids have badges, why not sorties or sigils in sorties with the much needed token system?).

5 hours ago, --Q--Voltage said:

I have to respectfully disagree. While it seems that way, it makes it so that people do not just stop at supra vandal or just the non syndicate mods. This game is about grind, and the amount the badge and sigil cost were not that high. I think it was a fine choice, and I welcome something similar to sorties (Raids have badges, why not sorties or sigils in sorties with the much needed token system?).

I think it not being high priced futher explains op's view. The badge should be given not because we can buy it, it's the value of participating (may be a bit biased since i'm a sucker for these kind of things that makes you feel like a part of the universe)

6 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Bigger issue I have with the token system is what are they going to use for the next event, I have a feeling it will turn into another baro with repeat after repeat because it's not like we have an excess of things to buy that we can't get elsewhere.  There's also the fact we won't be able to use Ambulas tokens on the next event so we could potentially have left over tokens which have no purpose, a 'standard' token for all events would have been better imo. 

Animo Beacons are now used to access the Hades node for the Ambulas boss fight (similar to Judgement Points for Kela), for Excalibur part blueprints. Perhaps Ambulas drop table might be expanded. Fulminate mod would be fitting.

If nothing else, it might be nice to be able to convert Animo Beacons into standing with Perrin Sequence.

1 hour ago, RunningTree3 said:

Animo Beacons are now used to access the Hades node for the Ambulas boss fight (similar to Judgement Points for Kela), for Excalibur part blueprints. Perhaps Ambulas drop table might be expanded. Fulminate mod would be fitting.

If nothing else, it might be nice to be able to convert Animo Beacons into standing with Perrin Sequence.

oh I thought that was event only... so DE are adding even more grind into the game.... just what everyone was asking for, a point system grind just to unlock arguably the longest boss fight in the game lol

Luckily I've done the node/boss fight already on the main map so have no reason to go there again but I just love how the dev's take notice of pretty much everyone asking for less grind/rng and end up giving us more as usual...

If Ambulas drop ships are going to be a regular thing, they have to be if there is a points system really, then yeah there needs to be a way to convert them to something else because it will turn into another nav co-ordinate situation in the inventory