The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Razorback came only for 2 days? really DE?

Kaiser_Suoh

1 hour ago, BetaNoire said:

It's a BUG? I was told it was SUPPOSED to work that way.

As far as I know it was supposed to happen in every situation, the bug is that it only happened when the host used the key, it should've been no matter who used it, all getting their Ciphers consumed. You could've totally used time ppl lost sitting around waiting for someone to use the cipher (2 to 8 minutes) in EVERY round, to farm the cost for your next Cipher.

I just went this time to get the Gorgon again, last time at least, there were no Ciphers/keys, so you just could run it without losing time, and even more times than in this event, the drop was still hard, made way too many runs to get the puncture set for myself only.

Joys of player driven event progression.

You'd think DE would have learned from the last time they did this.

But, in the case of the Razorback, isn't he supposed to return?  His reappearance is tied to planetary invasion progress, isn't it?  So not really a "I'm being punished!!1!!!" type situation. 

Edited by MagPrime

For the host vs client cipher use: I saw it more as a friendship cipher use feature than a bug.  If you have joined a match and are not the host, please kindly help and open the door.  If no one is willing to help, the host steps in and uses his/her key resulting in consumption of all keys, punishing all clients that didn't want to chip in.

Edited by YasharF

Damn. What the heck is going on? Razorback's running back home visiting his mother for mother's day weekend??

I thought this was supposed to last for next few days more. Today I finally have time to play... last few days had only enough time to farm for resources for cipher.

Only now to find out that is no longer avail!! Jesus!!

14 minutes ago, malekas said:

And the event seemed tailored towards the end game grinders. Casuals and new players got jack squat from the event because of polymer bundle costs. 

Even as a veteran sitting on polymer 3 ciphers ate half of my reserves of it.. It's the one resource I don't have much for the most part. You simply can't get enough of it by random natural play without aimed farming.

57 minutes ago, malekas said:

And the event seemed tailored towards the end game grinders. Casuals and new players got jack squat from the event because of polymer bundle costs. 

Well it was a good way to push a larger gap in the player base. It seems like the hardcore group that knew about the rewards farmed this boss to death knowing full well they would be able to sell the mods and anything else for platinum to the players who had no insight or time to participate. I was under the assumption that once it reached 0% it would remain active so all players would have a chance to get the 3 kills in during the 5 day timer.

I also disliked the cost to even access the boss fight, it looked like a gimmick to reduce the stored resource or keep this event for the veteran players. I was able to do two of the 3 runs during the time it was alive and I could just imagine how it would feel as a new player to see an event that could possibly destroy a relay, taking place while barely being able to participate in the event.  All in all this seemed like a poorly designed and implemented part of the game.

I worked this weekend. But thankfully had all the mods and the weapon already.

Its still a huge stinking pile of a "event" that took 6 months of 'supposed player ran invasions' and was in no possible way a generic internal countdown that no one was actually influencing.

With a global boss HP bar that is always always always complained about when used. Like acolytes. Oh Torment is here, aaaand gone. They gave themselves a long time to make it better. Guess they forgot about them like most people did about 2 months in after the bars where added.

Edited by Firetempest

2 hours ago, MagPrime said:

But, in the case of the Razorback, isn't he supposed to return?  His reappearance is tied to planetary invasion progress, isn't it?  So not really a "I'm being punished!!1!!!" type situation. 

Yes, you're right. He will return in 6-8 months depending on how many Corpus Invasions are won. At least, according to DE saying that is what influenced the meters.

Having to wait 6-8 Months for an event that will last a day and a half, at best, is a pretty harsh situation to be in. It started just before the afternoon EST on Friday and into Sat night. I didn't have the pleasure of being around pretty much at all Sat so I cannot confirm what time it ended.

The "Boss Health" meters are just a bad inclusion. Just work off of times, say it will be around a certain number of days, and then go away. If it had been around the full 5 days I doubt half, or more, as many people would be complaining.

I mean, it was Mother's Day weekend. Depending on what day you celebrate that may instantly kick you out of being able to participate in the event where if it had lasted the full "duration" that wouldn't be a problem.

I'm not saying events have to last 6 weeks and only require log-in or any other S#&$ people might throw at me. I'd just like events to last a reasonable amount of time for the majority of players that "actively" play to have a chance to participate.

This event didn't pass that test in my opinion, and DE could have done a far better job planning it out. They've had over half a year to plan it out since they knew they would include it, they could have done better.

2 minutes ago, FairyTael said:

Yes, you're right. He will return in 6-8 months depending on how many Corpus Invasions are won. At least, according to DE saying that is what influenced the meters.

Having to wait 6-8 Months for an event that will last a day and a half, at best, is a pretty harsh situation to be in. It started just before the afternoon EST on Friday and into Sat night. I didn't have the pleasure of being around pretty much at all Sat so I cannot confirm what time it ended.

The "Boss Health" meters are just a bad inclusion. Just work off of times, say it will be around a certain number of days, and then go away. If it had been around the full 5 days I doubt half, or more, as many people would be complaining.

I mean, it was Mother's Day weekend. Depending on what day you celebrate that may instantly kick you out of being able to participate in the event where if it had lasted the full "duration" that wouldn't be a problem.

I'm not saying events have to last 6 weeks and only require log-in or any other S#&$ people might throw at me. I'd just like events to last a reasonable amount of time for the majority of players that "actively" play to have a chance to participate.

This event didn't pass that test in my opinion, and DE could have done a far better job planning it out. They've had over half a year to plan it out since they knew they would include it, they could have done better.

I don't pay close attention to timing tbh, I didn't know it was that badly spaced.

Well, they dropped an old weapon, and two event mod sets at a seriously low rate for each, what did you expect? I ran 20, didn't get what I wanted, but I also didn't want to deal with any more players trying to leech keys and work, i did 50% or more damage most of the runs, just wasn't worth it.

10 hours ago, TankHunter678 said:

They had put in a limit to the amount of resources which functioned as the boss health. So the more it was power farmed the faster it was used up.

That idea died a horrible painful death for squads being able to power farm whilst using one (not one per player, but one per squad) cipher per run.

Edited by Kihana

5 hours ago, FairyTael said:

It ended Sunday at 3am. 

17 hours ago, StinkyPygmy said:

Its not really DE's fault the playerbase was apparently able to grind the razorbacks down super quick. Decent rewards ect helped.

DE is the developer behind the event. How exactly is it not their fault, responsibility or however you want to call it? Of course it is. They designed it, they decided how long it would last.

Another event which punished players who had something better to do than farm 24/7. What else is new?

It should last for full 4 days (or was it 5? Can't remember), even with 0% health. Health should only indicate whether the relay would be destroyed or saved.

Probably not gonna happen though. After all, someone needs to buy the plat.

34 minutes ago, Floppinger said:

DE is the developer behind the event. How exactly is it not their fault, responsibility or however you want to call it? Of course it is. They designed it, they decided how long it would last.

Not by default. It's not always super easy to gauge player participation and set the values for runs etc. That is a very unpredictable factor. This wasn't a simple event that last X amount of days. It was one the playerbase has a direct influence on. Its much harder to predict the outcome. 

2 hours ago, StinkyPygmy said:

Not by default. It's not always super easy to gauge player participation and set the values for runs etc. That is a very unpredictable factor. This wasn't a simple event that last X amount of days. It was one the playerbase has a direct influence on. Its much harder to predict the outcome. 

No it´s not easy.

Yet can take into account that you can´t 100% predict everything, but to be frank, I don´t believe that DE didn´t see a very premature end of the event coming. It´s not like DE is a stranger to the concept of artificial scarcity.

You can bump up the armada percentage if you see it´s draining to fast (whoops the razorbacks got reinforced). Or you can simply not end the event when the armada reaches 0% (0% only required to save the relay). DE could have extended the event if they wanted to. They didn´t. Their decision, their responsibility.

Could have been made in a half year.

Armada ships inbound *icon like Baro heading for the relay* make the icon a moving mission node. (not sure really how it was actually shown, ended too fast to even play)

While it has health, drop chance increased.

At 0% relay is saved, Armada fleet retreating, key costs waved. Add new harsh environmental fire effects to the ship. Have as long to retaliate as they took moving toward the relay.

After 0% health, drop chance decreased.

Edited by Firetempest

11 hours ago, Floppinger said:

No it´s not easy.

Yet can take into account that you can´t 100% predict everything, but to be frank, I don´t believe that DE didn´t see a very premature end of the event coming. It´s not like DE is a stranger to the concept of artificial scarcity.

You can bump up the armada percentage if you see it´s draining to fast (whoops the razorbacks got reinforced). Or you can simply not end the event when the armada reaches 0% (0% only required to save the relay). DE could have extended the event if they wanted to. They didn´t. Their decision, their responsibility.

Didn't say they couldn't have done better. But bumping up the percentages would have made people salty. Especially if it look liked their work was invalidated somewhat. Sure they could have kept the event going after 0%, but then that would have slightly defeated the point. I'm not even opposed to that idea if its done right, but you also need to remember most of the event was over the weekend if I recall. not too much DE could have done at that stage.

Its a  bit more complicated then DE trying to ruin peoples fun.