Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hydroid Or Oberon Prime?

(PSN)samppaH

6 minutes ago, InfinitySnail said:

It's possible the Lith V3 we currently have has Ash Prime parts in it - since he's getting vaulted (along with Carrier Prime and Vectis Prime), it'd make sense for them to release a new Lith V3.

That's not how it works. Even when Ash Prime is vaulted, existing Relics in players inventory are not removed. 2 Relics under the same name with different drops will cause problems.

Furthermore, Lith V3 doesn't contain any would-be vaulted parts. Straight from the wiki:

Lith V3

I think that image is Photoshopped, to be honest.

Edited by Gamma745
Linking

15 hours ago, Gamma745 said:

Don't think so. What's happened in the past is the name strings from previous relics are copied and pasted with new drop tables - since this is an accidental leak on DE's part like with Banshee Prime, it's not farfetched.

1 hour ago, iMalicious said:

Thread is pretty much pointless. Everyone knows Hydroid needs a rework so why would they release his Prime as the next Prime, seems pretty much like common sense.

Ship in Hydroid's buffs alongside his Prime.

It IS a valid Marketing strategy.

On 5/18/2017 at 6:18 AM, Urlan said:

By the pattern, Oberon prime would be next but Hydroid prime would likely be the next male prime after. Personally, I am interested in the direction art theme wise that a Hydroid prime would take.

I feel really sad. Cause minki is gone. He did all the amazing designes for alot of the prime frames and now with him gone, the style is gonna change.

Now I'm not saying this is a bad thing. But I'm really worried for the design of all frames and primes now that someone else is on charge of design. Hopefully won't turn out crap. 

Buy IMO, Oberon prime looks so ugly to me. IDK about anyone else, but God damn. He is ugly. 

On 5/18/2017 at 7:09 AM, (PS4)samppaH said:

Really? i've been running a pirate captain build with Hydroid instead using him in farming

which is cast a Lot of his 1st ability for "broadside"

Use Zarr as main weapon and Twin roggas as secondary

and lastly use twin swords as melee.

Pirate life for me yohoho!

Can I get your build for the memes :P

2 hours ago, iMalicious said:

Thread is pretty much pointless. Everyone knows Hydroid needs a rework so why would they release his Prime as the next Prime, seems pretty much like common sense.

Yeah we're supposed to get a viable Oberon and look how that turned out, he's still so damn lackluster in just a couple abilities another quick look at and he would of been complete. Shame.

23 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I really like the helm of the new Oberon Prime, but I guess we all have different tastes. *shrug*

There are always lots of alternate helms, and you may end up really liking the skin, even if you aren't a fan of the helm. We haven't seen the full skin yet, just a tiny glyph image (those of us who have seen the leaked image). 

Actually, there are some high quality images of his full skin and body. All of it. From every angle. 

He still looks so insanely ugly l.  They did a horrible job with this skin. 

18 minutes ago, Arniox said:

Actually, there are some high quality images of his full skin and body. All of it. From every angle. 

He still looks so insanely ugly l.  They did a horrible job with this skin. 

Yeah I have seen them. I feel the opposite of how you do. I guess we all have different tastes. 

Art is subjective. I think saying "they did a horrible job" just because you personally don't like it, is a ridiculous thing to say. 

What, objectively, is wrong with it? 

Just now, Tesseract7777 said:

Yeah I have seen them. I feel the opposite of how you do. I guess we all have different tastes. 

Art is subjective. I think saying "they did a horrible job" just because you personally don't like it, is a ridiculous thing to say. 

He looks like a goat had babies with a castle.

7 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Imo. I don't like him. Why I don't like him? 

Well, cause he looks nothing like the more sleak, muscular armor suits like all the other frames. Plus he has a really odd and (IMO) horrible body profile. His head is too large and obtrusive, his body is too bulky in weird spots. He has weird feet (giant heels) and (IMO) horrible leg proportions.

(IMO) I prefer minimalism in everything. That's why I like Mag prime, or valkyr prime, or nova prime or nyx prime. Stuff like Oberon, Vauban, nekros and a bunch of others are way to (IMO) big, bulky and obtrusive. But again, this is all my opinion.

He is not what I like when I look at any character in any game. I never liked the look of normal Oberon either. Had the same problems. luckily he has an amazing deluxe skin. I'll be using that. 

Edited by Arniox

11 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

Ship in Hydroid's buffs alongside his Prime.

It IS a valid Marketing strategy.

why would they do that when they can just give him a rework and release a deluxe skin with it and soak up all the cash then release his Prime after Oberon to soak up even more cash.

Edited by iMalicious

On 2017-5-18 at 5:13 AM, Gamma745 said:

That's not how it works. Even when Ash Prime is vaulted, existing Relics in players inventory are not removed. 2 Relics under the same name with different drops will cause problems.

Furthermore, Lith V3 doesn't contain any would-be vaulted parts. Straight from the wiki:

Lith V3

Don't see how. Look at that image and the reflections.

If that's been photoshopped they spent a serious amount of time and dedication on it. Which, I might add, wouldn't be worth it.

Considering this isn't geared for actual release one would assume this was just in some sort of preparation, unless they are doing something different this time around.

Edited by Naith

6 hours ago, iMalicious said:

why would they do that when they can just give him a rework and release a deluxe skin with it and soak up all the cash then release his Prime after Oberon to soak up even more cash.

Oberon got a deluxe, but wasnt buffed. His Prime is near and he was buffed a few weeks prior.