The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Warframe is broken

PakkiTheDog

Constant server issues, unable to log in. Fissures bugged so you do not receive the reward, regular mission end rewards bugged. Getting stuck and are unable to unstuck, falling for everHaving to start the same mission up to 3 or more times because of disconnections, host migrations and sorties don't start lvl 6 enemies?-restart. No evac marker, not able to evac after host migration, unable to hack consoles after host migration... and so on.

This game is becoming unplayable. How about taking a break from new content and patching the game so it runs smoother? 

Edited: For the future forum readers that don't read other posts and are about to write things like potato PC or potato router... nop.

Edited by PakkiTheDog

Yeah I've noticed more issues of late too.... things like:

• only 3 rewards being shown on relics even though all 4 had relics and got 10 reactant
  • getting the dropped from finding a group and needing to keep restarting the search again because it puts me into a group thats just that second dispanded.... guessing it's down to timing on the search needing a tweak.  Then there's the 'open groups' not being detected type of thing too.
  • loading into a map has times where it either boots us straight back to the landing craft due to 'lost connection' or the loading takes forever.....and when you do load you see the host being miles up the road.  Now I only seem to get this when I get stuck with a toaster for a host (this is ignoring the high ping/lag side of the issue) because when I'm put with people with decent enough pc's and connection to run this game smoothly this doesn't happen. 
  • host migrations or players dropping out part way into a mission seem to be happening more too although I haven't personally had the issue happen to me... but then I do have a stable internet connections and a strong enough and stable pc to play this game without any issues.
  • I still seem to get the occasional missing markers when I'm not host if I get too far away from the team..... which really doesn't help catching them up
  • Going into mission expecting one thing getting another... ie want a fissue/invasion mission and get a normal mission or go into an invasion expecting say exterminate and get a defence mission even if you abort and try again...

While not unplayable it does get rather annoying. 

And before I get the comments...nope everything is fine on my end, my soho router isn't even being stressed playing this game, neither is my pc.

Edited by LSG501

Most of what you described is because you have a poor connection, only thing happening even with a good connection is that Fissure end reward bug you mentioned. For some reason the game removes your relic and if you don't realize it before the end, you'll receive no rewards

Either you're referencing every bug related post other people have been making in the last few weeks or you are the unluckiest Tenno ever.

Something people need to learn with complaining about bugs like these is you need to make bug reports, not just post to the forums. Devs need details like the hardware you're running on and if the bug(s) can be replicataed in order to be able to do literally anything to fix them.

35 minutes ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

Or, you know, you could check to make sure your router isn't a potato.

24 minutes ago, CeePee said:

Most of what you described is because you have a poor connection, only thing happening even with a good connection is that Fissure end reward bug you mentioned. For some reason the game removes your relic and if you don't realize it before the end, you'll receive no rewards

Ofc, it couldn't be DE's fault that countless players come into a mission going WTF, this isn't sortie, where are my rewards and so on. Not everybody has bad net connection. Been playing the game for over a year but recently with new updates this game is bugging every time i play. Granted that some times the bugs aren't that distracting, but those that i listed are unacceptable.

27 minutes ago, trst said:

Either you're referencing every bug related post other people have been making in the last few weeks or you are the unluckiest Tenno ever.

Something people need to learn with complaining about bugs like these is you need to make bug reports, not just post to the forums. Devs need details like the hardware you're running on and if the bug(s) can be replicataed in order to be able to do literally anything to fix them.

Yeah, apparently i'v been having a bad couple of weeks. But honestly these bugs have been out for a long time but DE doesn't take the time to properly fix them. A quick patch that will hold until the new update that rips the game a new A******.

But yeah, you m8s are right, why bother with things as bugs? It's not as they effect our ability to play the game and receive the new content. And remember, if ever Warframe fails, it's your routers and your overpowered monster PCs fault.  

Maybe OP is the unluckiest tenno ever. Maybe OP has potato connection / gaming rig / etc.

But i agree with his opinion. I love the new contents DE pumped out, but i honestly would rather see more bug fixes and improvement rather than shiny new toys. Debugging and rework should be their primary concern.

Let me give you my reasoning through example:

- They introduced Archwing. Community doesnt like them for various reasons. Instead of actually fixing the reason for AW dislikes, they just forces us to play it through event missions.

- They introduced Infested Salvage. Community doesnt like them for various reasons. They couldve added mutagen samples for you-know-what and itll help both problems at once but nope. Nerfed difficulty and then forget the mode even exist.

- They introduced Assault on Kuva Fortress. Community doesnt like them for various reasons. You probably know better what they did to try and "fix" this.

I think im sensing a pattern here. They introduced new stuff to keep things "new, fresh and interesting" but they forgot to address the issues for the new stuffs. Like bugs and balancing. Why not actually fix the game modes when you first introduced them? That way you dont have to 'revisit' so many things.

They couldve started a feedback post and review the input from community and work towards making the game modes enjoyable, but nope. No one likes them anyway so why bother wasting resource there eh?

/endrant

Oh, what brought you to this conclusion? Is it because of things like enemies flying horizontally?

Jokes aside, I'm actually encountering more of the problems you've said in stuff like LoR. People getting disconnected for no reasons even when connection is good, getting blocked in place, getting out of a session with an almost full squad and getting replaced by random (well, this is a bit of a classic, but it's weird), finding a squad and getting kicked out at the last second bugging the relic etc.

There's a memeception going in with this topic, lol. I expected people to agree, but I guess the squad of the white knights came 1st so the memelords didn't come and got pointed out.

Some of those bugs are so old... Anyway, in case you get the problem where you get kicked out of a public match during last second, the solution is to start another session, see if your connection even tries to search for parties, if it doesn't, cancel immediately 'cause it means you're bugged and if you're doing relics you're most likely not gonna get anything even if you took all the reactants needed

Edited by RyuGold
When you type too many "urs" it's impossible to not get wrong at least one

10 minutes ago, RyuGold said:

Oh, what brought you to this conclusion? Is it because of things like enemies flying horizontally?

Jokes aside, I'm actually encountering more of the problems you've said in stuff like LoR. People getting disconnected for no reasons even when connection is good, getting blocked in place, getting out of a session with an almost full squad and getting replaced by random (well, this is a bit of a classic, but it's weird), finding a squad and getting kicked out at the last second bugging the relic etc.

There's a memeception going in with this topic, lol. I expected people to agree, but I guess the squad of the white knights came 1st so the memelords didn't come and got pointed out.

Some of those bugs are so old... Anyway, in case you get the problem where you get kicked out of a public match during last second, the solution is to start another session, see if your connection even tries to search for parties, if it doesn't, cancel immediately 'cause it means you're bugged and if you're doing relics you're most likely not gonna get anything even if you took all the reactants needed

Ahn8C2D.gif

4 hours ago, RyuGold said:

I love how you just throw out 'white knight' like it's somehow invalidating what I said. Was what I said wrong? No. It's a valid concern. A good chunk of the listed problems is most likely due to issues with the OP's internet. If not, then, as many have said, you OP, are possibly the unluckiest Tenno in Origin.

Edited by PrVonTuckIII

Idk...the way you word things and the only guy to really agree with you in this topic seems to be as rude as you. Saying "White knights" for others who just disagree with you is downright silly. Games developed by ANYONE are NEVER going to just stop what they are doing, planning or working on right now just for the sake of a few peoples issues. The game works as your post shows perfectly fine for the majority and yes that does suck for the minority, but it's not like they just wont work on it. You make Warframe sound like garbage when it consistently improves over time.

I just cant agree with people even IF your point is valid in some way when your just plain rude, it's unnecessary and you don't need it to make your point. The forms would agree.

5 hours ago, Monybags33 said:

Idk...the way you word things and the only guy to really agree with you in this topic seems to be as rude as you. Saying "White knights" for others who just disagree with you is downright silly. Games developed by ANYONE are NEVER going to just stop what they are doing, planning or working on right now just for the sake of a few peoples issues. The game works as your post shows perfectly fine for the majority and yes that does suck for the minority, but it's not like they just wont work on it. You make Warframe sound like garbage when it consistently improves over time.

I just cant agree with people even IF your point is valid in some way when your just plain rude, it's unnecessary and you don't need it to make your point. The forms would agree.

The problem here is that people are unable to position them selfs in other peoples situations. How would you feel if all of a sudden you were unable to play the game that you like? And this is not a minority problem, these bugs have been here for a very long time and most people just choose to ignore them, cringe and restart. And this still isn't an excuse that DE doesn't properly fix them. It just show that they care more about how much money they can squish out of us than how the game runs. Also with every new update they bring a bunch of old and new bugs because of lack of a proper fix. I'v seen quite a lot of these threads in the year of playing and every time we get an update there are players that post a bunch of bugs that they would like to be fixed...that they don't for a long time.

And i'm sorry for being rude but when it comes to peoples stupidity i just become sarcastic and with it insulting. To get people trying to invalid my point by saying it's your routers fault makes my whole thread invalid, and the thread will have less weight. And usually people saying this don't have a clue what they are talking about, like with most first posters in every thread.

Edited by PakkiTheDog

17 minutes ago, PakkiTheDog said:

The problem here is that people are unable to position them selfs in other peoples situations. How would you feel if all of a sudden you were unable to play the game that you like? And this is not a minority problem, these bugs have been here for a very long time and most people just choose to ignore them, cringe and restart. And this still isn't an excuse that DE doesn't properly fix them. It just show that they care more about how much money they can squish out of us than how the game runs. Also with every new update they bring a bunch of old and new bugs because of lack of a proper fix. I'v seen quite a lot of these threads in the year of playing and every time we get an update there are players that post a bunch of bugs that they would like to be fixed...that they don't for a long time.

And i'm sorry for being rude but when it comes to peoples stupidity i just become sarcastic and with it insulting. To get people trying to invalid my point by saying it's your routers fault makes my whole thread invalid, and the thread will have less weight. And usually people saying this don't have a clue what they are talking about, like with most first posters in every thread.

Well when you can code a perfectly bug free game with absolutely no issues as the code is changed on a weekly basis...

Then stop acting as if DE or any programer can. Because they can't and most of those bugs are from random fragments of code that might not be as "simple" to fix as you wish it was.

24 minutes ago, PakkiTheDog said:

Okay, you think you know how to deal with it? Then try to apply for a position at DE to fix it. Or offer the help to do it. Instead of just complaining, how about giving some help? DE is already swamped with updates and bug-fixes. Do you even see how many bugs were listed in each hotfix?

15 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

Well when you can code a perfectly bug free game with absolutely no issues as the code is changed on a weekly basis...

Then stop acting as if DE or any programer can. Because they can't and most of those bugs are from random fragments of code that might not be as "simple" to fix as you wish it was.

3 minutes ago, Gamma745 said:

Okay, you think you know how to deal with it? Then try to apply for a position at DE to fix it. Or offer the help to do it. Instead of just complaining, how about giving some help? DE is already swamped with updates and bug-fixes. Do you even see how many bugs were listed in each hotfix?

Is there no limit to peoples stupidity. I'm not allowed to point out the bugs and the fact that they should put more time into fixing them??? Should i also fix my own car, my TV and fix the hole in the street? If a company makes a product it's their obligation to fix the product so it works, and the consumer is not at fault if that product fails.

All i said was "DE take a break from new content and take some time to fix your game", why would anyone be against this? You two just confirmed there are many very unpleasant bugs in the game, how can you be arguing against me? Where is the logic for fucks sake!!!!

How is putting more coding on a already broken game gonna help? it will just bring back old and new bugs and a quick fix will be released that will keep us happy until the next update that starts the whole S#&$ again, while some bugs, game breaking bugs that i listed above, will stay, or some bugs, like host migration ones, will stay. A patch over a wound is not a long term solution. 

Every time i make a thread on this forum i immediately regret it. People just want to argue and fell good about themselves and are prepared to argue about as a stupid thing as a game running properly

10 minutes ago, PakkiTheDog said:

Is there no limit to peoples stupidity. I'm not allowed to point out the bugs and the fact that they should put more time into fixing them??? Should i also fix my own car, my TV and fix the hole in the street? If a company makes a product it's their obligation to fix the product so it works, and the consumer is not at fault if that product fails.

All i said was "DE take a break from new content and take some time to fix your game", why would anyone be against this? You two just confirmed there are many very unpleasant bugs in the game, how can you be arguing against me? Where is the logic for fucks sake!!!!

How is putting more coding on a already broken game gonna help? it will just bring back old and new bugs and a quick fix will be released that will keep us happy until the next update that starts the whole S#&$ again, while some bugs, game breaking bugs that i listed above, will stay, or some bugs, like host migration ones, will stay. A patch over a wound is not a long term solution. 

Every time i make a thread on this forum i immediately regret it. People just want to argue and fell good about themselves and are prepared to argue about as a stupid thing as a game running properly

They could spend the next two years debugging the game, bugs will still exist because there is no such thing as a perfect code because it's made by imperfect creatures.

Just now, SilvaDreams said:

They could spend the next two years debugging the game, bugs will still exist because there is no such thing as a perfect code because it's made by imperfect creatures.

You have any experience at programing or...? You are saying that they can't fix host migration problems, forever falling and other things that i listed above? I'm not saying that this game has to be bug free, just that they fix the ones that unable you to play the game. 

1 minute ago, PakkiTheDog said:

You have any experience at programing or...? You are saying that they can't fix host migration problems, forever falling and other things that i listed above? I'm not saying that this game has to be bug free, just that they fix the ones that unable you to play the game. 

Can they Help fix the host migration... To a degree maybe. But you can have a ping of 50 and still get a host migration because of how the internet works because a random packet(s) goes AWOL through some absurd network connection bouncing through different hubs to get lost.

As for having programming knowledge yes I do. I've helped make a few tiny games and one miss placed number, a code break in the wrong place, a bit of math a bit off can have a cascading effect down the line through multiple parts of the game.

1 minute ago, SilvaDreams said:

Can they Help fix the host migration... To a degree maybe. But you can have a ping of 50 and still get a host migration because of how the internet works because a random packet(s) goes AWOL through some absurd network connection bouncing through different hubs to get lost.

As for having programming knowledge yes I do. I've helped make a few tiny games and one miss placed number, a code break in the wrong place, a bit of math a bit off can have a cascading effect down the line through multiple parts of the game.

When i say host migration problems i mean when the host migrates and leaves the unplayable game for others. No evac marker, can't evacuate, can't hack....the problems i experienced with the new update. Also the wrong rewards after completing a mission is an occurring problem. They fix it and it comes back with another update. Getting put into a wrong mission, disconnected while joining and so on, how hard would this be for them to fix? If they took the time of a couple of months? I know they are working on these, but the problem is that for some bugs they take too long to fix.

9 minutes ago, PakkiTheDog said:

When i say host migration problems i mean when the host migrates and leaves the unplayable game for others. No evac marker, can't evacuate, can't hack....the problems i experienced with the new update. Also the wrong rewards after completing a mission is an occurring problem. They fix it and it comes back with another update. Getting put into a wrong mission, disconnected while joining and so on, how hard would this be for them to fix? If they took the time of a couple of months? I know they are working on these, but the problem is that for some bugs they take too long to fix.

Like I said before it's not nearly as simple as it seems. Some bugs might not show up till things are used in mass, some bugs could only pop up during certain situations with rather exact requirements being met.

You could fix one bug but the changing something later on causes ten more bugs because you fixed the symptom and not the true bug buried even deeper in another part of code.

1 hour ago, PakkiTheDog said:

You really seem unaware of how a video-game firm works (or even to a larger extend all firms). It is not a bunch of developers that work on everything in the game, that would be buggy as hell, even more than now. There are people working on new content -designers and people working in their team-, those people have a planning that they shall respect and most of the time in big enough companies there is quality department with their own developers that tackle most of the bugs. Generally speaking in companies with fewer people, they split their time, implying working less efficiently because you need to think about totally different subjects.

Lots of bugs are really hard to find, especially with the high number of reports that gives no context beside "that doesn't work". Moreover, there is a reason for example when you call customer service for a computer the first question is : "Is your computer connected to the electricity ?" : most people encounter that type of "bugs". So the main thing when you are waiting for a "fix" on something bugged : make your reports as precise as possible, what's the frequency of the bug, how impactful it was, can you remake it 10/10 or only half the times, what exactly brings you to that bug. That's what you as a customer should do. Then devs need time. The fact is, if there is something you may argue with DE, it's how they prioritize their bug fixing, you might consider that some bugs that got fixed are less important than some that are still in game. Nevertheless, there is probably more than one person working on bugs and some are easier to fix. That said, I don't know DE for a long time and can't talk about Warframe specific issues, but there are a lot of misconceptions about how quality is tackled in the video game industry.

Last but not least about bugs, the industry average is 15-50 errors per 1000 lines of codes. The scale is not linear with the number of people working on the same thing. You should stop expecting a bug free program since fixing bugs create bugs and you should stop thinking that devs are lazy &#! greedy people. They aren't, most devs in videogame industry could gain more money elsewhere and are passionate about videogames.

By the way, you talked about the new features that don't get improvements, here again, post constructive feedback and don't expect them to react fast, they'll take time to improve features, but they have a planning that they shall respect, it will be put on that planning, all you need is to keep a constructive mindset about it.

I feel you op. They have many bugs on my end too ,the latest for me is not letting me pick second sortie battle. Keeps telling me that I have to complete first battle that I've already completed. I know it can't be anything on their end causing this

Edited by (PS4)chubbslawson

3 hours ago, Aranaevens said:

5 hours ago, SilvaDreams said:

Yes, but isn't adding more content, more codes, gonna make it harder to fix the older bugs? Harder to find them and also the new fix might screw up things in the new content? Also when adding new content there are always new bugs and they get priority. So the "bug department" has less time fixing the old bugs and more concentrating on the new ones, and even then some of those bugs don't get fixed and are put in the waiting line with the older ones.

Don't get me wrong, i love this game and the content we receive. The new content is the reason why i continue playing this game, but i cannot enjoy it if i'm unable to play the game or if i'm getting frustrated all the time because the game is bugged. 

And i'm not saying they are lazy, but i do believe that they are more concerned with how much money they get over how smoothly the game runs. Like most gaming developers.