Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excavators - Power Cell fun for the trolls (mechanics change needed)

Smith2k

I propose mechanics change on the Excavators in the following manner - disable Power Cell insertion after maximum power level needed for Excavator to finnish is reached.

Reason - in every Hieracon mission I've played so far there is this person that does nothing but pump in silly ammounts of Power Cells into Excavators. And does nothing else literally.

Couple of times I've tired to ask troll to stop that behaviour but it resulted in - you've guessed it - flaming. (If they were normal they wouldn't do that in the first place, right?)

I love to start Hieracon as 1st mission of the day, since its a mission rich in Credits, Focus, Affinity, Relics, Endo, Cryotic and MODs, and trolls just ruin my (and other players in the group) experience of that run.

YEah, id say the Core idea could use a slight change.  ITs annoying enough that after awhile, the core mobs dont come fast enough......So its like core, without any power, and no power to get.....kinda like survivals....like, somehow your supposed to make them last. 

As for getting a troll who wastes the power cores, yeah, that sounds like a nightmare.

Don't play in public missions. 

If DE considered every design they do, making it anti-troll there would not be Frost and Limbo. 

Many frames with certain builds can also ruin specific types of missions.

Heck, they can do nothing, refuse to drop datamass, hang on on only hack panel - frame does not matter.

Play with a clan, make some friends - coordinated squads are such a different experience it may change your view on the whole game.

21 minutes ago, Smith2k said:

disable Power Cell insertion after maximum power level needed for Excavator to finnish is reached.

I would be fine with this with the caveat of shields also being at max.  If the shields are down, feeding it a power cell instantly restores shields.  This can save an excavator.  Beyond that, why not.

I don't get many problems like this but when I do.  I either ignore it or just leave.  Getting into a flame war with some idiot who doesn't know how to play isn't worth the effort.

2 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

Should I care about that?... Cause I really could not care less when they do that.

Should I care that you don't care?  Should the OP care?  Should DE care? Nope, we don't care that you don't care about others caring about the game.

19 minutes ago, Sannidor said:

If DE considered every design they do, making it anti-troll there would not be Frost and Limbo. 

Heck, they can do nothing, refuse to drop datamass, hang on on only hack panel - frame does not matter.

Play with a clan, make some friends - coordinated squads are such a different experience it may change your view on the whole game.

Good tips overall, and thank you for those. In general, they apply. In this specific case - maybe.

Organising the group of clanmates/ingame friends to play content that you'd like to play at the time that you can play it is a bit problematic - for me at least, for the specific reasons of location of my gaming rig and timeframe during which I can play (won't go into details).

Palying solo - sure thing, can do, but not this mission - Hieracon then spawns to few mobs - no credits for my Lecta / Power Cells for the excavation. Long pauses in mission progress in case of going solo.

Edited by Smith2k

Every once in a while I do insert absurd amounts of cells. However, I do it for the mere reason it refills its shields once it gets low on HP on high lvl missions.

Getting rid of being able to insert more when full will also be a problem for emergency shields too.

7 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

Should I care about that?... Cause I really could not care less when they do that.

You should probably not care. This post is for people that do. Not just for you.

5 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

I would be fine with this with the caveat of shields also being at max.  If the shields are down, feeding it a power cell instantly restores shields.  This can save an excavator.  Beyond that, why not.

I don't get many problems like this but when I do.  I either ignore it or just leave.  Getting into a flame war with some idiot who doesn't know how to play isn't worth the effort.

Should I care that you don't care?  Should the OP care?  Should DE care? Nope, we don't care that you don't care about others caring about the game.

Thank you for the Shield restoring info, tbh never noticed that - to busy racking in credits I guess. :)

When i leave I think it ruins 1st mission of the day bonus - main reason I do that mission in the 1st place, but its a valid point/option.

mmm, as aforementioned Power Cells always refill the Shields of the Extractor - not being able to continue to put Power into the thing would be highly problematic for Players looking to play a long term Mission.

there's plenty of Power Cells to go around as long as Players aren't idling ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

29 minutes ago, Sannidor said:

stop writing it anywhere doesn't matter if it's appropriate or not.

it's a question not about said "trolls" but about holes in exact game mechanics which might be patched to prevent exact type of abusing

17 minutes ago, Smith2k said:

Thank you for the Shield restoring info, tbh never noticed that - to busy racking in credits I guess. :)

When i leave I think it ruins 1st mission of the day bonus - main reason I do that mission in the 1st place, but its a valid point/option.

Its for the first Successful mission.

EDIT: and if there are lots of cores around, what is the problem with the practice?.. it recharges the shields and has no negative effect.

Edited by Elvangreen

33 minutes ago, Sannidor said:

dude this is the most bullS#&$ thing i've read in this site, why i have to adapt to a bad behavior, why a player can't request a simple change? dude come on open the window and get some fresh air

6 minutes ago, Elvangreen said:

EDIT: and if there are lots of cores around, what is the problem with the practice?.. it recharges the shields and has no negative effect.

Tried and tested - several times. After leaving, next mission that I sucessfully ended had no bouns Credits, Affinity or Focus applied. Maybe its fixed by now, did not try that recently.

I respect your opinion, but imho, negative effect of just pumping in Power Cells is that at the same time that person is not contributing via damage, crowd control, bufffs, debuffs and such (personal experience).

21 minutes ago, Elvangreen said:

no it's not. credit bonus always applies to 1st mission. regardless of was it successful or not

Edited by Vilmera

36 minutes ago, Vilmera said:

no it's not. credit bonus always applies to 1st mission. regardless of was it successful or not

Ok then, as was just going off the wiki:

~The first mission completed after the Daily Tribute has been claimed will have double the Credit reward upon its completion, also known as the Daily First Win Bonus.

41 minutes ago, Smith2k said:

imho, negative effect of just pumping in Power Cells is that at the same time that person is not contributing via damage, crowd control, bufffs, debuffs and such (personal experience).

Completely valid, i was just asking if there was a problem with the practice, which it appears there is not, its just that they are not doing something more productive.

So a pointless activity, not a malicious one.

They should add something when you overload an excavator.

- Magnetic or Electricity aura around the Excavator when it reaches 100% energy, lasting for XX seconds or until it reaches XX% energy, dealing medium damage with nice status chance.

- Excavators have a chance to extract one rare resource upon completion, depending on the amount of energy it had when it finished (40% charge when it finished will give you 40% chance to get an additional reward)

- Whatever, I'm sure there are plenty of solutions for that. They definitely should add something, either positive or negative (overloading an excavator may slow it, dunno).

2 minutes ago, Elvangreen said:

Completely valid, i was just asking if there was a problem with the practice, which it appears there is not, its just that they are not doing something more productive.

So a pointless activity, not a malicious one.

Looking at it that way, AFK-ing can also be qualified as non malicios, non productive and pointless (for other Cell members) activity, it certailny meets those criterias. But it's not welcomed or approved type of behavior, by anyone (anyone benevolent).

3 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

They should add something when you overload an excavator.

- Magnetic or Electricity aura around the Excavator when it reaches 100% energy, lasting for XX seconds or until it reaches XX% energy, dealing medium damage with nice status chance.

- Excavators have a chance to extract one rare resource upon completion, depending on the amount of energy it had when it finished (40% charge when it finished will give you 40% chance to get an additional reward)

- Whatever, I'm sure there are plenty of solutions for that. They definitely should add something, either positive or negative (overloading an excavator may slow it, dunno).

Maybe emit a burst of energy in X metres when power is increased over 100%, scaling of damage (and possible range) based on the amount of wasted power.

e.g.

81% + a 20% cell = 1 unit of dmg

while

99% + a 20% cell = 19 units of dmg

5 minutes ago, Smith2k said:

Looking at it that way, AFK-ing can also be qualified as non malicios, non productive and pointless (for other Cell members) activity, it certailny meets those criterias. But it's not welcomed or approved type of behavior, by anyone (anyone benevolent).

The thing with having an AFKer in the squad is you are losing 1/4 the potential of your team, while facing increased challenges in the form of enemy spawns and having to help them (not that the second is likely).

Personally on a easy mission, it makes no difference to my being solo, or having a pair of AFK players following me, but on anything dangerous, thats when i get annoyed, as if your slots are filled with AFK players you loose the potential of other useful players.

this is not taking into account trolling or incompetence creating additional challenges either. *cough* spy missions *cough*.

5 hours ago, beppe93 said:

dude this is the most bullS#&$ thing i've read in this site, why i have to adapt to a bad behavior, why a player can't request a simple change? dude come on open the window and get some fresh air

Because despite the specifics of the problem, trolling your team is a complexed issue.

Preventing it from happening, if being developers' priority, would result in much different game from what we have now.

If you join public, expect everything but never demand anything. Do you bully random players by insults? Maybe they learn, maybe they are 12. Why would you ever do that...

I learned a lot from playing on PUB, saw some great synergies and tactics I would most likely not know about from any internet source. Probably because people see what happens when they are to vocal about tactics which are far from exploits and yet get nerfed.

Many effective ways of team play are only possible with mechanics which can be used in wrong ways by unaware or mean players.

Considering how rude you are answering to my legit advice, me responding back seems like feeding an intentional troll.