Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Access Packs costs?

Iccotak

Question

So looking at past costs for Prime access packs and found an interesting bit of info.

Prime Access is split up into four options.

1. Prime Weapons only = $49.99
2. Weapons + Frame + Avatars = $79.99
3. Prime Accessories = $49.99
4. The Whole Pack = $139.99

But buying the $79.99 pack + $49.99 Prime Accessories Pack separately = $129.98 

Buying the whole pack together is $10 more expensive then if I split the pack up,
If I split the stack into 79.99 + 49.99, it's cheaper and I still get everything.

Isn't the point of packs to be a cheaper alternative to buying everything separately? 

EDIT: 
The Whole Pack has around 1300 plat more than the $79.99 pack.

Source for cost info:
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Prime_Access

Edited by Iccotak

21 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, Iccotak said:

How'd you get the Ember Prime Avatar then?

the fire & ice unvaulting a little while back, the price for both packs together and considering my situation at the time (not as much time to farm) I felt it was a fair price.  That cost £37 for 2 old 'prime access packs' versus the £92 for a single one....

I'd happily spend £20-30 on the top prime access but there's no way I'll spend £90+, that's almost half the price of my gpu I use to play the game....and I'd bet I'm not the only one who feels the prices are too high.

Edited by LSG501

Just now, LSG501 said:

the fire & ice unvaulting a little while back, the price for both packs together and considering my situation at the time (not as much time to farm) I felt it was a fair price.  That cost £37 for 2 old 'prime access packs' versus the £92 for a single one....I'd happily spend £20-30 on the top prime access but there's no way I'll spend £90+, that's almost half the price of my gpu I use to play the game....

I feel the same way, I want that Oberon Prime avatar but I don't want to pay up to $80 - $130 for it. Come on that is the price of another game plus extra.

8 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

Thanks for the thread though, gonna save myself 10€ next week. Still got 3k plat left from the Banshee Prime access kek

You would save everything if you instead farmed the stuff, or bought it from other players with that plat kek.

15 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Onyx Guarrd said:

On console, it's always separate. Amounts to $140, a bit more with tax.

I'm so happy that it's much more simple on console. Want plat and just the accessories? buy that pack. Want plat and prime stuff? buy that pack. 

2 minutes ago, residente said:

You would save everything if you instead farmed the stuff, or bought it from other players with that plat kek.

Actually, no. I earn more money than the 126€ at work in the time I would spend farming the stuff. Also I get ''free'' plat with it. So I actually ''profit'' by buying the pack.

Edited by Wyrmius_Prime

Just now, Wyrmius_Prime said:

Actually, no. I earn more money than the 126€ at work in the time I would spend farming the stuff. Also I get ''free'' plat with it. So I actually ''profit''.

And I bet you have more fun at work than farming mindlessly that stuff. I envy you.

Still, if you waited a couple of weeks you could buy the whole thing from someone for very little.

Just now, residente said:

And I bet you have more fun at work than farming mindlessly that stuff. I envy you.

Still, if you waited a couple of weeks you could buy the whole thing from someone for very little.

I can also save a bunch of brain cells by never entering the trade chat and exposing myself to cancer.

Just now, Wyrmius_Prime said:

I can also save a bunch of brain cells by never entering the trade chat and exposing myself to cancer.

Fair point, that's why I personally like warframe market, its easy to arrange a trade, barely any communication needed with the other part.

Way to damn much honestly.....

Ofc, if they sold just the Frame for like 30 bucks, id be down for that.  The rest of this pack, meh..

Ill have to farm Oberon Prime.  Does he become farmable on the same day his PA releases?

Edited by KnightCole

14 hours ago, (Xbox One)Onyx Guarrd said:

On console, it's always separate. Amounts to $140, a bit more with tax.

Geez must be nice... here in Canada we got shafted by DE and Sony, due to the value of our dollar... base pack is now 110 or something close to there and the Accesories are 80.. $200 PA is absurd, so I stopped buying.  Sad because up until they did that, I bought EVERY. SINGLE. PRIME ACCESS.  Even if Sony was the responsible party - if I was DE I would go them and claim I'm losing sales because of them, which would be true.

Still strange because many developers or game companies have not adjusted their price based on our dollar value before, ESO's crown packs still cost exactly the same as they did 3-4 years ago, despite DE being 'forced' to charge more.  So why can Zenimax still offer the same price, but not DE - favouritism on Sony's part?  I can only speculate...

I've heard sony is to blame at the core - but it's kinda lame, because once upon a time our dollar was stronger than that of the US, and we still paid the US price.  We didn't get discounted prices... which is discouraging because if the value of the dollar does go back up - chance are Sony still won't put the price back where it belongs.

Edited by (PS4)lagrue