Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

ow about a redesign of the Oberon helmet?

G-I-D

3 hours ago, Silvus-Sol said:

I gotta say, that's a pretty crappy attitude to have. Especially since Tennogen skins are often very high quality and are considered to be among the best skins in the game. Arguing with the OP is one thing, but telling people to leave it to the "real artists" is a pretty big slap in the face to Tennogen.

You do realize those people that make Tennogen skins that you can see in the game are real artists, right?

Edited by SolidBeast

7 hours ago, Eureka.seveN said:

let the real artists do the work please, oberon prime's helmet is good

Ya really....everyone comparing this and that is just sad. We see as human beings objects in other objects all the time. It's known as Pareidolia a psychological phenomenon in which the mind responds to a stimulus by perceiving a familiar pattern where none exists. ....this is old news.

9 minutes ago, SolidBeast said:

You do realize those people that make Tennogen skins that you can see in the game are real artists, right?

what do you consider real artists? because all artists start somewhere, either as a any old player, or a person who loves creating art. you being salty at other people doesn't help you or anyone else.

also, FYI, what you consider real artists can make mistakes to.

Edited by octobotimus

2 minutes ago, octobotimus said:

what do you consider real artists? because all artists start somewhere, either as a any old player, or a person who loves creating art. you being salty at other people doesn't help you or anyone else.

also, FYI, what you consider real artists can make mistakes to.

Me "being salty"? I don't think you understood what I wrote at all. Like, not even a bit.

What i do understand is that you don't consider many people "Real" artists. So saying "leave it to the real artsists" is pretty insulting

and again, tennogen is made by community members, people who love the game. not Just what you consider "real artists"

4 hours ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Better?

Lb1CaFe.png

HELL YES do it!!!!!!! lol, at least it looks part unicorn/dog and has teeth and horns would be a more vicious King of the forest rather then goat prime being around the bottom of the food chain making him look like the easy meal of the forest. Either way I don't care I bought prime access got my Oberon Prime to lvl 30 then sold it for credits.

Edited by iMalicious

10 minutes ago, octobotimus said:

What i do understand is that you don't consider many people "Real" artists. So saying "leave it to the real artsists" is pretty insulting

and again, tennogen is made by community members, people who love the game. not Just what you consider "real artists"

Again, reading comprehension. The only sentence I uttered in this thread was "the Tennogen makers are real artists". I have made no comment as to which people aren't. If that is still unclear, then I suggest you reread my post once again, very carefully.

Just now, iMalicious said:

That is why you use cheetah helmet from tennogen.

O, I love my kitty helm, I just also like the Prime helm. It reminds me of a tiger, just remove that helm. It annoys me.

4 hours ago, Silvus-Sol said:

I gotta say, that's a pretty crappy attitude to have. Especially since Tennogen skins are often very high quality and are considered to be among the best skins in the game. Arguing with the OP is one thing, but telling people to leave it to the "real artists" is a pretty big slap in the face to Tennogen.

When did he ever say those who do tennogen aren't real artists though? I don't see him saying that anywhere. 

13 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

When did he ever say those who do tennogen aren't real artists though? I don't see him saying that anywhere. 

he wasn't saying they wern't, it was more of it was him saying that artists = to DE artists are making tennogen.

1 hour ago, Tesseract7777 said:

He didn't, it was more implied. I assumed "real artists" meant "DE design team". Also, the OP does mention wanting to put in a design on Tennogen, then the very next thing is telling him leave it to the "real artists (DE)". Which read to me that he didn't believe anything non-DE was legit. Hard to tell some of that stuff with just text and I may have misunderstood.

Edited by Silvus-Sol

It's like you buy a car and you don't like the look at certain part. Do you send letter to car maker company to change the look to you liking?. No.. the design already out. If you don't like it, go buy aftermarket stuff to cover it. Simple. 

1 hour ago, octobotimus said:

he wasn't saying they wern't, it was more of it was him saying that artists = to DE artists are making tennogen.

29 minutes ago, Silvus-Sol said:

He didn't, it was more implied. I assumed "real artists" meant "DE design team". Also, the OP does mention wanting to put in a design on Tennogen, then the very next thing is telling him leave it to the "real artists (DE)". Which read to me that he didn't believe anything non-DE was legit. Hard to tell some of that stuff with just text and I may have misunderstood.

I think you guys misunderstood and read too deeply into his post. It was just one sentence, and he wasn't responding to a tennogen artist, he was responding to a random person criticizing the art teams work. I don't really see how it was even implied that there is anything less legitimate about tennogen artists. They get paid too, so they are of course the literal definition of professionals. 

8 hours ago, SolidBeast said:

Again, reading comprehension. The only sentence I uttered in this thread was "the Tennogen makers are real artists". I have made no comment as to which people aren't. If that is still unclear, then I suggest you reread my post once again, very carefully.

I think he might have mistaken you for someone on the opening page who said that the only 'real artists' are DE. To that person I say, look at the Repala Syandana, then look at the new Prime Access Syandana, then tell us who is the real artist.

4 hours ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

I think he might have mistaken you for someone on the opening page who said that the only 'real artists' are DE. To that person I say, look at the Repala Syandana, then look at the new Prime Access Syandana, then tell us who is the real artist.

I think he meant any actual artists, unlike the OP.

Besides that, invalidating the DE artists' work as a whole because you don't like a couple of items they put out is an insult to concept artists everywhere. As is slapping together a poor sketch with no knowledge of form, anatomy, perspective, ratios, or any other design sense, not to mention a modicum of effort, and calling it an upgrade. Hence that person's reply.

12 hours ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

Seems the 'real artists' were drunk when they designed Oberon Prime's helmet. He looks like a flat-faced goat.

why do i feel like this was what happend....

They probably saw an accordion while drunk and were like "hey, that would be a funny thing to troll them with"

On May 31, 2017 at 1:12 PM, GameOrDerp said:

As we are aware that Broberon's Prime Helmet looks... let's be generous... a bit S#&$. The back of it looks like an Accordion

afd.png

And since the Helmet for me personally is the biggest Deal breaker. I bought the Prime access anyway to support DE tho. But i would suggest rethinking the Helmet. and when you take acloser look on the Side of the Helmet you see something clipping through it looks like the Designer just said "Ah im bored with this just gonna patch the sieds up and be done with it. they will buy it anyway." So i thought why not suggest a redesign.

faf.png

I know it looks S#&$. but it was just a 5 min sketch in paint to give the basic idea of how i would imagine the Helmet. i also have an idea ready for the Skin too. If they dont accept this Idea well i guess imma do a Skin for Tennogen then. i personally thing that helmet would look better then the accordion that Oberon Prime has now.

It's a "Vaubanized" nuts'N'bolts version of a Wildabeest head down to replicating it's mane.

I call him VAUBERON the Gray