Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tips for solo Kuva siphons

(XBOX)Cotton Tail

Question

Hi,

basically I am quite bad at Kuva siphons and I want to improve; solo at first then in a group once I feel like I'm capable of carrying at least some of my weight :-)

At the moment it all seems quite hectic and my operator is toast very quickly; often before I see the incoming cloud, never mind having a chance to dash through it. What basic strategies do people use? Do you park your warframe near the siphon or further way? What CC abilities work (if any) once you go into operator mode, or is it a case of using one first (slowva springs to mind, not tried it yet though)? Do people concentrate on removing the guardians or ignoring them?

So far testing that hasn't helped;

• Equinox Peaceful provocation  gets turned off by going into operator mode
  • Limbo Stasis/cataclysm doesn't freeze the guardians

Any tips fellow Tenno?

TIA

I use Ivara. Solo is much, much easier for me, as other players mean more enemies and more chaotic encounters :)

Here's how I do it:

Spawn in, cloak, go find the siphon. Lurk next to it, and with any luck there will be virtually nothing happening nearby. If you're lucky, the regular inhabitants of the node will be elsewhere or engaging the Kuva forces for you.

Once the siphon raises a tentacle thing, watch for the red arrow heading towards it, that should be the cloud. Hop out of your warframe, crouch, and dash through the cloud. 

Sometimes the map doesn't cooperate and the cloud can appear out of nowhere with little time to crouch and dash, but that's just the luck of the draw!

Good hunting!

Edit: I ignore the guardians completely, only killing stuff like Jesters if they get close to my lurking spot. If there are Guardians, I just move away... I use silent weapons to avoid breaking stealth.

If you don't have Ivara, a stealth-build Loki should be fine, just keep an eye on your invis timer and be  ready to recast.

Edit 2: CC isn't really necessary most of the time if you do it like this, but a sleep arrow can be used if needed.

Edited by (XB1)DS Monkfish
wibble

Try Loki with Irradiating Disarm.  Great solo warframe even for Kuva Flood:

1. Stay invisible... everyone will ignore you.
  2. Use Irradiating Disarm to irradiate everyone into fighting each other with less guns and stray bullets to worry about.  Guardians will even fight fellow Grineer when irradiated.
  3. Focus on Kuva clouds.

TIP: Use Enemy Sense, Enemy Radar and/or Animal Instinct mods to help you find Kuva clouds on your mini-map.

Good luck!

Edited by (PS4)Feox_PH

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)NoSkinsNoSkills said:

Limbo works too ^

He did try Limbo (see original post) and it seems he was having a hard time with Guardians not affected by Stasis.  That was why I suggested Loki instead.  Guardians will be pre-occupied with fighting other irradiated enemies that they ignore you as you focus on the Kuva clouds.

Edited by (PS4)Feox_PH

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Feox_PH said:

He did try Limbo (see original post) and it seems he was having a hard time with Guardians not affected by Stasis.  That was why I suggested Loki instead.  Guardians will be pre-occupied with fighting other irradiated enemy that they can completely ignore you as you focus on the Kuva clouds.

Limbo will stay in rift even after you switch to Tenno, you don't have to really deal with anything other than the Guardians, not to mention, the tenno and the Guardians are the only things that aren't affected by the rift

The old Hide in the Rift strategy 

Edited by (XB1)NoSkinsNoSkills

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)NoSkinsNoSkills said:

Limbo will stay in rift even after you switch to Tenno, you don't have to really deal with anything other than the Guardians, not to mention, the tenno and the Guardians are the only things that aren't affected by the rift

I just mentioned what he mentioned in his original post... it seems he was having a hard time with the Guardians not being affected by the rift.  Please read original post.

I just suggested a different warframe since he was having a hard time with Limbo.  What could work for you might not be easy for him, so I suggested a different warframe/strategy that seems easy enough to pull off since everyone cannnot see you.

Edited by (PS4)Feox_PH

Just now, (PS4)Feox_PH said:

I just mentioned what he mentioned in his original post... it seems he was having a hard time with the Guardians being not affected by the rift.  Please read original post.

I just suggested a different warframe since he was having a hard time with Limbo.  What could work for you might not be easy for him, so I suggested a different warframe/strategy that seems easy enough to pull off since everyone cannnot see you.

wait... when did this become a flame war? i wasnt fighting you. As per my experience, just ignoring enemies as limbo works fine.

Just now, (Xbox One)NoSkinsNoSkills said:

wait... when did this become a flame war? i wasnt fighting you. As per my experience, just ignoring enemies as limbo works fine.

Please don't assume my replies to your replies as flame war.  I am merely replying to your replies.  I was also assuming you did not read the original post since he already mentioned his Limbo experience.   We are just trying to help the original poster.  We are all good here.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Feox_PH said:

Please don't assume my replies to your replies as flame war.  I am merely replying to your replies.  I was also assuming you did not read the original post since he already mentioned his Limbo experience.   We are just trying to help the original poster.  We are all good here.

You were sounding quite condescending  Yes i did read the original post, the way i said i play limbo for this is different than the way he talked about playing limbo.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)NoSkinsNoSkills said:

You were sounding quite condescending  Yes i did read the original post, the way i said i play limbo for this is different than the way he talked about playing limbo.

LOL. The pitfalls of text/chat message... I am not really sure why you thought that way.  I re-read what I posted and I can't see anything "condescending" about them.  We were both just replying to each others' posts.

Anyway, I hope our tips help the original poster.

Just now, (PS4)Feox_PH said:

LOL. The pitfalls of text/chat message... I am not really sure why you thought that way.  I re-read what I posted and I can't see anything "condescending" about them.  We were both just replying to each others' posts.

Anyway, I hope our tips help the original poster.

As do I. :)

2 hours ago, (PS4)Feox_PH said:

Try Loki with Irradiating Disarm.  Great solo warframe even for Kuva Flood:

1. Stay invisible... everyone will ignore you.
  2. Use Irradiating Disarm to irradiate everyone into fighting each other with less guns and stray bullets to worry about.  Guardians will even fight fellow Grineer when irradiated.
  3. Focus on Kuva clouds.

TIP: Use Enemy Sense, Enemy Radar and/or Animal Instinct mods to help you find Kuva clouds on your mini-map.

Good luck!

I don't even bother with Irradiating Disarm.  I just stay invis, wait for a cloud, pop out into my operator and immediately grab the cloud, pop back immediately to Loki, and then get ready.  You can also cast a decoy away from the siphon to pull guards away.

Another option is Octavia.  Her mallet will pull the guardians to it and keep them occupied.  The only issue is making sure that enemies don't shoot you while trying to hit the mallet.

Many thanks to you all :-)

I love this community...

So things I have to try

• Ivara lurking
  • Loki with Irradiating Disarm
  • Loki with decoy
  • Limbo staying in the rift
  • Trinity with Blessing and Link
  • Not sure I'm up to Wukong and fighting the Guardians - I'll give it a go though
  • Octavia - going to require me to level her first ;-)

Well that should keep me busy for a while :-)

And practice, practice, practice!

Thanks again Tenno!

Edited by (XB1)Cotton Tail

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Cotton Tail said:
  • Loki with Irradiating Disarm
  • Loki with decoy

Or just Loki and stay invis.  I only cast decoy if I really need to get enemies away from the siphon, which rarely happens.  Personally, I find the less chaos going on, the easier it is to accomplish the task.

I use Ember since World on Fire stays on while you are in Operator mode and, IIRC, will follow your operator for the AoE (I never really get far enough away from my frame in Operator mode to truly test it.

Doing it this way allows me to take the invincibility off the guardians while the other enemies burn, then the guardians burn without invincibility.

i do all my kuva farming with ash, along with invisibility his abilities aint bad as u can smoke bomb while running or jumping unlike loki which has a slightly longer animation.

his fatal teleport also helps in kuva floods in taking out eximus units 

just stay invisible at all times, stand in an elevated crate which can usually be found near most siphons as this gives u better visibility.  watch closely as to where the braid points, run to the estimated position and only go in operator mode when u see the cloud approaching, then crouch and dash thru the cloud and go back to ur frame.

i dont even bother with the guardians cause they cant attack while ur invisible. do remember they will fire or hit at the last point u were visible so after u use the smoke bomb move to a new location so a stray shot does not kill u. 

energy and health pads make lots of em as they make life easier.

happy farming

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)D34thst41ker said:

I haven't farmed Kuva in a while, but last I knew, you could use the Void Blast (press Melee) to stop a Kuva cloud; Void Dash was another method, but it was a harder method. Has this changed?

It has not changed AFAIK, but I've never really gotten the hang of using Void Blast.  For me, Void Dash has always been easier.

On 2017-6-20 at 10:03 AM, (Xbox One)Cotton Tail said:

Hi,

basically I am quite bad at Kuva siphons and I want to improve; solo at first then in a group once I feel like I'm capable of carrying at least some of my weight :-)

At the moment it all seems quite hectic and my operator is toast very quickly; often before I see the incoming cloud, never mind having a chance to dash through it. What basic strategies do people use? Do you park your warframe near the siphon or further way? What CC abilities work (if any) once you go into operator mode, or is it a case of using one first (slowva springs to mind, not tried it yet though)? Do people concentrate on removing the guardians or ignoring them?

So far testing that hasn't helped;

• Equinox Peaceful provocation  gets turned off by going into operator mode
  • Limbo Stasis/cataclysm doesn't freeze the guardians

Any tips fellow Tenno?

TIA

CC dont work with Kuva Guardians anymore. So if you want to pick a frame based on CC, it will be worthless.

As mentioned above:

1) Limbo - stay in rift and only get out when clouds approach

2) Wukong - just refresh defy periodically

3) Ocatvia, cast 3, teabag from time to time

If you get the hang of it, you only need some special tactics on kuva floods because the regular missions are actually rly easy

On 6/21/2017 at 1:30 PM, (PS4)lhbuch said:

CC dont work with Kuva Guardians anymore. So if you want to pick a frame based on CC, it will be worthless.

Dunno about that. The right CC always works. Chaos Nyx sure does. CC all the other Kuva Grineer, they go royal rumble on each other AND the Kuva Guards who for the most part forget about you even being there, while you sit in a corner with your popcorn cheering them on and waiting for the kuva cloud to show up...

Edited by (XB1)Sacrfishal Lamb

12 hours ago, (Xbox One)Sacrfishal Lamb said:

Dunno about that. The right CC always works. Chaos Nyx sure does. CC all the other Kuva Grineer, they go royal rumble on each other AND the Kuva Guards who for the most part forget about you even being there, while you sit in a corner with your popcorn cheering them on and waiting for the kuva cloud to show up...

It works for everybody else BUT the guardians. Also chaos works but if you are close to the guards they will still attack you. Off course if we are talking about regular missions it is doable with anything while watching netflix. Kuva floods depending on the map are a different story. Try chaos nyx on the tight corridor on Eris on a kuva flood and see how it is worthless. everybody is kissing each other in a small corridor. There is no target priority in that space...

There was a time when CC actually worked on them, you could blind them, slow them etc...