The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing Riven mods?

MAKR2128

I'm not sure if this question has been asked yet or not but I was just wondering if anyone thinks we'll actually get any Archwing riven mods and if so would they only show up after Archwing gets another look or could it be sooner??

7 minutes ago, MAKR2128 said:

I'm not sure if this question has been asked yet or not but I was just wondering if anyone thinks we'll actually get any Archwing riven mods and if so would they only show up after Archwing gets another look or could it be sooner??

I believe that for Archwing rivens to happen, first we need more archwing content or archwing endgame content and probably a wide variety of weapons/archwings

I would expect to get archwing rivens if/when we get archwing sortie missions. Although I can't help but wonder if they would all end up having a "strong" disposition since hardly anyone plays archwing (current fomorian event aside).

15 minutes ago, Percy said:

It's extremely unpopular and won't get love for a good while.

In the last devstream, they hinted at something archwing related appearing at tennocon. But who knows whether it'll be enough to make archwing popular.

28 minutes ago, (Xbox One)neoxal said:

I believe that for Archwing rivens to happen, first we need more archwing content or archwing endgame content and probably a wide variety of weapons/archwings

Pretty much this. Though I adore Archwing to bits and would love to see Riven mods for it, we haven't had a meaningful Archwing update in sometime and due to its unpopularity, they will have to bring the gamemode into review before doing so anyway.

They did go on the record during some convention Q&A a while back, I believe [DE]Scott mentioning that he hates trashing already established mechanics but in the case of Archwing they might have to do so and try to figure something out to make it more enjoyable.

Or something along the lines of that. I only remember it was a panel that [DE]Steve had to livestream through his phone which was sometime ago. It wasn't through Twitch, so I can't for the life of me remember where the source is but I'm sure those who are curious will find it fairly quickly.

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

Archwing still needs a number of different mods to add potential variation to builds, like Corrupted mods for example.

Not even taking into account the vast number of other improvements Archwing requires, Rivens are far, far off in the distance.

Edited by Zandermanith222

please...before they add ANY MORE riven mods, we FIRST need additional ways to acquire rivens...a LOW RNG drop from a daily sortie is ridiculous when we have over 300 weapons already.

and the devs said themselves that archwing was meant to be more of a mini-game than a simulator...and even if it was, it needs more to it.

7 hours ago, MAKR2128 said:

I just started laughing hysterically. 

The thought of archwing gun rivens is crazy enough to be actually considered. 

7 hours ago, (Xbox One)OTF SERENiTY said:

At the moment, archwing rivens are not needed. And as someone who enjoys and plays archwing a lot, I do not wish to see them.

Any particular reason why you feel like we don't need Riven mods for Archwing because I feel like it'd at least give more people a reason to give it a proper try

5 hours ago, LuckySh0t501 said:

Oh god no. Rivens are tough to get by default. Imagine diluting the drop chance of rivens you want with archwing/gun/melee. I would go mad. I wouldn't do sorties at all. And with me not playing sorties means me not playing the game at all. 

You have a good point because I've only gotten about a handful of Rivens from the Sorties and the rest have all been from Trade chat which is pretty bad

2 hours ago, MAKR2128 said:

Any particular reason why you feel like we don't need Riven mods for Archwing because I feel like it'd at least give more people a reason to give it a proper try

The only end game content we have for archwing is JV and archwing mods can already kill at those levels. A majority of warframe's player base don't even raid so there will be no point. Another thing I'd like to bring up is that the toughest enemies in archwing only go up to level 30 or so. Basic archwing mods alone are well enough to kill. Rivens will not be required.

First we need a few improvements on the archwing game mode itself before jumping into riven mods. I would be very sad to know they even exist before the content is truly upgraded and good to go. A 2d map in a 3d plane and somehow I'm suppose to navigate this?