Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[SPOILERS] Post Chains of Harrow thoughts

Latiac

I enjoyed the quest, I really did, Wasn't a big fan of Operator parts to say the least (I really dislike operators from the getgo, so I usually just follow my own headcanons and whatnot)

But props to DE for keeping it in quests, atleast we don't have much of it elsewhere outside of those.

But I do have some thoughts, Rell decided to place his mind INTO Harrow right? Does that technically mean he BECAME Harrow at that point and was chained up for the safety of others and whatnot?

So this MIGHT be a longshot here - Are Umbras following the same boat? We know (Hopefully) that it is possible, and Umbras are considered the 'Darker' alternates to Primes so who knows.

Alsomergingwithwarframeswhen?

Operator segments tend to boil down to DE testing your patience. The controls and mechanics are clunky as hell and it never feels like you've got enough energy to do anything, generally making you choose between either killing one enemy or escaping somewhere, and the quests where you are required to do so showcase these flaws prominently. It almost seems intentional this time. Maybe they're trying to set us up to be more excited about changes to the Operator system they're going to announce at Tennocon. Considering how many loose ends were left through the process of Chains of Harrow it seems like they were leading up to something. Wait and see.

Edited by Mints

2 minutes ago, Gweredith said:

And stalker did the same thing, didn't he? Or have I just mixed canon with a fan theory.

There are a few theories, the one that you mentioned, and one that he saw himself and went mad - We still don't know TOO much about him quite yet.

4 minutes ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

It doesn't make sense why Rell has a Warframe. The Warframes weren't created until after Margulis' death, iirc. Because Ballas headed up that program after she died. So how did Rell get a Warframe?

There were probably secret projects beforehand, this might be one of those?

Eh. My main problem with the Operators is that they are so incredibly, unbelievably, shockingly badly written. That, combined with the way that DE have handled Transference and Focus and all of that, has led me to a sort of split conclusion.

A) DE genuinely don't want people to like Operators. DE themselves think the idea is lame, and are kind of embarrassed at writing themselves into a position where they have to deal with it, so they just sabotage them because they hate them and don't want the playerbase to like them either,

OR

B) DE have no idea what the hell they're doing.

10 minutes ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

It doesn't make sense why Rell has a Warframe. The Warframes weren't created until after Margulis' death, iirc. Because Ballas headed up that program after she died. So how did Rell get a Warframe?

Their Deathsquads are made up of Infested and they keep Chargers confined behind glass in their Relay room. If they can create an ad hoc Somatic Link it's not outside the realm of possibility that they could create a Warframe as well. We don't know how deep the Red Veil's roots go. Also, keep in mind that they set up shop in an Orokin Tower within the Void. Is it really hard to believe they might have found a partial Harrow Prime and reconstructed it as best they could?

Edited by Mints

58 minutes ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

Margulis did not give any of us a Warframe.

Ballas did.

From the looks of things, Margulis didnt want to help Rell because he was odd-er... but BALLAS probably didnt care and used him anyway.

8 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Margulis did not give any of us a Warframe.

Ballas did.

From the looks of things, Margulis didnt want to help Rell because he was odd-er... but BALLAS probably didnt care and used him anyway.

That's my exact point! Ballas gave us the Warframes, not Margulis, but Margulis cast Rell out, meaning he was cast out before the creation of the Warframes. So, how does Rell get a warframe if the Warframes were created by Ballas after the death of Margulis (because Ballas only militarizes transference after her death)? And, no, Ballas doesn't ever use Rell. Play the quest and you'll see that Red Veil takes him after he's cast out. So did Red Veil make a Warframe for him, and if so, how?

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n