Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exploding Glaive is too strong.

_Stragan_Prime_

Guys in a nearby time was added a dual wiedling. You can use any trowing weapon and one-h pistol but glaive/glaive prime with power throw (mod) is a bullshiet. If you are throw glaive using charged throw with power throw mod and glaive expolde nearby you, you are dead or you are 1-shot from any lancer/crewman/charger. Dear warframe community self dmg on this weapon is too big. Just a little crate, any corpse or a little pixel and you are dead. I thing DE shoud reduce or delete selfdmg on this weapons.

Edited by MrStringer5215

12 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Use Quick Return, don't throw it at your feet.

Sorted.

ZZOORtS.jpg

I'm using this build and is nice you hit more enemies in short time but If you throw it using charged throw you are dead. Punch throught on glaive is nice but power throw activating AoE effect which giive selfdmg

Edited by MrStringer5215

Welcome to Glaive 101, when Trinity's Blessing made good use of it before her nerf and Chroma's Vex Armor still takes advantage of its self-damage to gain boons to his armor and weapon strength.

The channeled explosion on Glaive throws literally hasn't changed in 2-3 years up until the unique qualities certain glaives got in u21. Self-damage is probably the only retaining quality since the change.

If anything self-damage should get a look at in capping the damage dealt onto the player, not completely abolish it.

Can someone explain to me WHY the explosion was added to Power Throw in the first place? That mod solely indicates adding punchthrough...

Why not just let the explosion be when we recall it? (done with channeling when thrown in meleemode, or done with the melee button when thrown in quick melee (which exists for the gun+glaive already))

And why is the "powerthrow" (not the mod) only for gun+glaive, but not for going meleemode with a glaive?

So much inconsistency is unhealthy T_T

Then take off power throw, the skill charge has innate punch through so the mod is not needed if you don't want the boom. 

I did breath a sigh of relief when I read the OP though, was worried people were asking for a Glaive nerf... 

Edited by DrBorris

Power Throw used to just add a lot of punch-through (by "a lot", I mean that it was 1 meter per rank).

Then, DE reduced that and added an explosion. Nobody knows why. It was never asked for, and DE never explained why they changed it.

IMO the mod is unusable because of the explosion. I just wanted punch-through. If they wanted an explosion mod, they could've added a new mod.