Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banned for being good and afk?

(XBOX)Yonko Slaxur

Question

21 answers to this question

Do be carefull with the being "good" thing, certain warframes can use abilities that clean entire maps, especially for defense or interception, if you lose energy and the ability ends, you need to show activity, otherwise to the trained eye you are afk, possibly since you triggered the ability.

Always be present in a game and in the case of ember, do move around as the 4th is usually an excuse to go afk and no matter how many kills you got, afk is still afk and you can be reported for it.

Carefull where you place your warframe and just be active with or without abilities if possible.

If you stay afk with abilities or not, you are risking the account, many players will not care if you afk, but others do and you don't need that many warnings for the account to be banned.

Most games where someone gets banned for being, "too good," are either private servers where the owner can't handle the fact that someone is beating them or people accusing them of using hacks and/or cheats (regardless of legitimacy of those claims). This game is not one of those, usually, and anyone who told you that you can be banned for being, "too good," likely wanted you to stop clearing the map with whatever power you were using because of their precious damage statistics at the end of the map. That or they were repeating a story that they heard, but didn't check the legitimacy of, and got you scared.

Being banned for being AFK, however, is a completely different issue. There are numerous cases of people going AFK on a daily basis and nowhere near all of them are with malicious intent. If someone can prove you were AFK intentionally and forcing your party members to do all the work just so you could come back, at the last second, and earn your reward, then yes, you can be banned if it happens enough times and enough people report you with enough evidence to corroborate those claims. Most times, however, people won't even bother and most simply make snarky comments in the chat instead of reporting people.

As an aside, my favorite thing is how many AFK players miraculously have a dying family member.

8 hours ago, KIREEK said:

Always be present in a game and in the case of ember, do move around as the 4th is usually an excuse to go afk and no matter how many kills you got, afk is still afk and you can be reported for it.

Where does it say that?
I'm curious, because they implemented a system to combat afk players by not giving them rewards (and in some cases no energy/health regen). But getting reported for it? I'm not as accustomed with the rules as I should be, therefor wondering where it says that = )

5 hours ago, (PS4)ExetSM said:

Where does it say that?
I'm curious, because they implemented a system to combat afk players by not giving them rewards (and in some cases no energy/health regen). But getting reported for it? I'm not as accustomed with the rules as I should be, therefor wondering where it says that = )

Some players go afk as ember since it kills for the most part all the enemies around her, players can always return to playing the game to gather energy and to demonstrate activity, however to the trained eye (an advanced competence as it requires 1st that you know how to take care of yourself, only then you can take care of what others are doing) you will be afk, very noticiable when the ability ends and you still don't move.

In a defense where the ember only moves like 3 times over the course of 10 waves, you can easily be reported, regardless of kills and rewards you didn't get.

9 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Yonko Slaxur said:

well revxDev tells that a player was top 1 on defense list aaaaand he had 1994 hour playing warframe and got banned till 1 january 2035 

I wouldn't mention this name on the forum, for the same reason that makes it a bad source.

19 hours ago, Chipputer said:

Most times, however, people won't even bother and most simply make snarky comments in the chat instead of reporting people.

Because it is such a hassle to get any sort of a report turned in, especially from a console.  If they added an option for people to be reported in game, I promise I'd be reporting all the people who afk/leech/abuse communications.  It's especially sad given that there are a few report options in the game but none of them are for those sorts of activities (except maybe communication abuse).

56 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Yonko Slaxur said:

well revxDev tells that a player was top 1 on defense list aaaaand he had 1994 hour playing warframe and got banned till 1 january 2035 

You are getting your information from a bad source.    You don't get banned for being good, you get banned for cheating and being an asshat.   As far as AFK goes, the game will already punish you in game by stopping your energy regen, affinity gains and removing  rewards if you stop moving for to long.   

1 hour ago, _Vortus_ said:

You are getting your information from a bad source.    You don't get banned for being good, you get banned for cheating and being an asshat.   As far as AFK goes, the game will already punish you in game by stopping your energy regen, affinity gains and removing  rewards if you stop moving for to long.   

oh ok... and what about abusing some finish move like ash in defense or survival  do they punish you and giving you a warning?

16 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Yonko Slaxur said:

oh ok... and what about abusing some finish move like ash in defense or survival  do they punish you and giving you a warning?

You won't get punished for using a specific power, like for example spamming Ash's finisher move's will never be a bannable offense. 

You can get banned for using your powers in a way that is griefing (ruining the mission on purpose for others, if it can be proven that was your intent and you do it enough times and get reported enough). 

You can get banned for going afk in missions with other people, and doing it often enough that you get reported enough times for leeching (in this case you are not actually being banned for afk, you are banned for leech). 

You can get banned if you get repeatedly reported for being an absolute, horrible, harassing jerk to other players. 

You can get banned if the game detects you are using any kind of cheat engine whatsoever.

You can get banned for being on top of the leaderboard if the developers have reason to believe you used a cheat engine, or repeatedly abused an exploit that went far above and beyond simply "spamming powers/abusing game mechanics", but actually finding ways to glitch things out, and then making those glitches happen on purpose, so you could get an unfair advantage and survive forever. For example, I remember some people once bragging on the forums about their seven hour survival, but they also mentioned something about glitches exploits (not that they used, but that they knew for a fact that some other groups they whose score they had beat had use, because they had tested the glitches themselves on occasion and knew they worked). Many of those glitches get patched out over time, and then exploiters find new ones. I don't want to get into specifics because I don't want to give anyone any ideas, but unless you found some bug that allows you to get a super huge advantage, figured out how to do it on demand, and then regularly do so to get to the top of the leaderboards, or just outright used a cheat engine, you won't ever be banned for being "good", or "being on top of the leaderboards". 

You won't be banned because you spam fatal teleport, or spam bladestorm, or abuse energy pads + bladestorm, etc. The game doesn't care if you do that. As long as you remain active in the mission, don't harass other players, don't grief the mission, don't use cheat engines, and don't exploit glitches on purpose to get ahead, you are not going to get banned for stuff you do in mission. 

1 hour ago, Tesseract7777 said:

You won't get punished for using a specific power, like for example spamming Ash's finisher move's will never be a bannable offense. 

You can get banned for using your powers in a way that is griefing (ruining the mission on purpose for others, if it can be proven that was your intent and you do it enough times and get reported enough). 

You can get banned for going afk in missions with other people, and doing it often enough that you get reported enough times for leeching (in this case you are not actually being banned for afk, you are banned for leech). 

You can get banned if you get repeatedly reported for being an absolute, horrible, harassing jerk to other players. 

You can get banned if the game detects you are using any kind of cheat engine whatsoever.

You can get banned for being on top of the leaderboard if the developers have reason to believe you used a cheat engine, or repeatedly abused an exploit that went far above and beyond simply "spamming powers/abusing game mechanics", but actually finding ways to glitch things out, and then making those glitches happen on purpose, so you could get an unfair advantage and survive forever. For example, I remember some people once bragging on the forums about their seven hour survival, but they also mentioned something about glitches exploits (not that they used, but that they knew for a fact that some other groups they whose score they had beat had use, because they had tested the glitches themselves on occasion and knew they worked). Many of those glitches get patched out over time, and then exploiters find new ones. I don't want to get into specifics because I don't want to give anyone any ideas, but unless you found some bug that allows you to get a super huge advantage, figured out how to do it on demand, and then regularly do so to get to the top of the leaderboards, or just outright used a cheat engine, you won't ever be banned for being "good", or "being on top of the leaderboards". 

You won't be banned because you spam fatal teleport, or spam bladestorm, or abuse energy pads + bladestorm, etc. The game doesn't care if you do that. As long as you remain active in the mission, don't harass other players, don't grief the mission, don't use cheat engines, and don't exploit glitches on purpose to get ahead, you are not going to get banned for stuff you do in mission. 

u sir earned a place in heaven thanks

The answer is no, you won't. 

The only time a player would be banned for being "Too Good" is when the level of 'good' is not achievable through in-game means (read: hacks, cheats, etc), at which point they aren't banned for being 'Too Good', they're banned for hacking.

On 8.7.2017 at 1:59 AM, Letter13 said:

The answer is no, you won't. 

The only time a player would be banned for being "Too Good" is when the level of 'good' is not achievable through in-game means (read: hacks, cheats, etc), at which point they aren't banned for being 'Too Good', they're banned for hacking.

thanks for the information

On 7/3/2017 at 11:42 AM, (Xbox One)Yonko Slaxur said:

Dont ever mention that disgraceful existence. Iirc he was banned for having others log on for him (which used to be on his channel) and then twisted the situation to gain viewers. Being good at the game and being dumb are two seperate things

20 hours ago, Cryozar said:

Dont ever mention that disgraceful existence. Iirc he was banned for having others log on for him (which used to be on his channel) and then twisted the situation to gain viewers. Being good at the game and being dumb are two seperate things

i didnt know i just saw it but thanks to clear my mind from this "disgraceful existence" :D