Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What would you do? Returning player

EvianoHD

Question

Hello players, I basically just want your opinion on what you would do.

I am a returning player to Warframe and I find myself very, very lost. I am considering creating a new account and following the quests and do all missions and treat it like a new game, as 1- A lot of stuff has changed and been added since i last played. I believe I stopped when Ash Prime was released, 2- i never really followed any of the quests or anything, i just logged on a shot everything with some friends that were more experienced than me. So i never really learnt much of the game, just paid for stuff, levelled it and that was basically it.

The only thing stopping me from creating a new account and forgetting this one, is the fact that i have quite a few primed frames and weapons, with cosmetics. I made the mistake when i first started like a few others have, and that's buying most things with platinum that i wanted there and then, therefor spending a fair amount of money on the game. The account is also Mastery level 9, although to me it isn't much of a deciding factor. 

Just a simple question to anyone reading this: Would you start over? or would you keep the account that you are lost on purely because the money and time spent on it? 

Overall, i know it is my choice. Would just love to see what others would do, thank you. :) 

10 answers to this question

that's an hard question, probably it will depend on this "is the money i've spent in that account a big amount or a small one?" of course that's still somenthign subjective

i'm helping a friend of mine that's returning to warframe in this days (mr3 reached today for him, but he played like an year ago or more) and for what i've seen the game isn't noob friendly enough, so my suggestion is to continue with your main account, do the quests and complete the junction that are still a bit of challenge for a returning non veteran player. And for every aspect of the game that you don't understand that could be mods or some mission type, you can always ask here in the forum or the wiki that's always updated with the last news

I think I would create a new account and focus on storyline. After doing that, I'd switch back to the account that has stuff on it. By then you get an idea of if you want to replay quests for enjoyment/rewards.

Edited by Syvarin

8 minutes ago, EvianoHD said:

I am a returning player to Warframe and I find myself very, very lost. I am considering creating a new account and following the quests and do all missions and treat it like a new game, as 1- A lot of stuff has changed and been added since i last played. I believe I stopped when Ash Prime was released, 2- i never really followed any of the quests or anything, i just logged on a shot everything with some friends that were more experienced than me. So i never really learnt much of the game, just paid for stuff, levelled it and that was basically it.

The only thing stopping me from creating a new account and forgetting this one, is the fact that i have quite a few primed frames and weapons, with cosmetics. I made the mistake when i first started like a few others have, and that's buying most things with platinum that i wanted there and then, therefor spending a fair amount of money on the game. The account is also Mastery level 9, although to me it isn't much of a deciding factor. 

Just a simple question to anyone reading this: Would you start over? or would you keep the account that you are lost on purely because the money and time spent on it? 

Overall, i know it is my choice. Would just love to see what others would do, thank you. :) 

If you feel the needs you can make an alt account and start with that but If I were you I would like to keep the current as main account and the items and invested money not lost.

If you need some help from players you can use the recruiting chat in game or ask peoples on the forums it is never shame to ask help. If you feel you can make an alt account and do the beginner levels again and use you main to level up things and finishing quests. I suggest you to do the second dream then the war within and if you feel your gear strong enough then you can group with strong players.

Also there is a lot of new items so just take it slowly get them, farm them and level up them and don't forget to enjoy the process too. ;)

There's no reason to create a new account. If you're interested in lore alone you can replay some quests or watch on youtube. Other that that creating new account has no benefits, it's not like the game itself will teach you how to play. The only 2 quests that are even somewhat important - the second dream and the war within, all the rest are just fillers. This is a game where if you haven't played even for some months it feels like you've been missing decades, starting over each time is like. Eh.

Just do remaining quests, and sort out new mechanics like focus or new relic system - not sure what else changed from the last time you've played. Like people above suggested you can always create a new account if you feel like it but it's probably not worth it as there's no benefits. I was thinking about just making a new one for the sake of replaying all the quests but considering that you will literally have NOTHING discourages like hell. Cause it means no auras, no slots, no warframe, no mods, no weapons, no resources - nothing. It will take probably like a month just for like 10% of lore that you wil get out of it. I decided for myself that it's better to just watch it all on youtube.

Edited by -Temp0-

23 minutes ago, EvianoHD said:

Treat it as a new game, but keep your account I would say. I'd love to help you out personally in game, but I'm going to be leaving for TennoCon in about 48 hours x.x In a little over a week though I'll be actually able to sit down at the game and play, so you can feel free to add me and I'd love to help you then :)

That said, there are many helpful players in the game, including Guides of the Lotus, who are players designated by DE to help teach and assist people. Guides can be spotted in person because they'll be wearing a sigil with the Lotus' face on it and have fancy shoulder armor that follows a lotus emblem motif. Most of the time, helpful people and Guides both can be found in Region chat, as well as Larunda Relay on Mercury. There will be a fair share of trolls both places, but that happens anywhere.

I'll give you the advice I give most new players. Just have fun. If you need a direction finish up Vor's Prize (unless that's already done), and then work on clearing the star chart. Junctions in particular are important since they give you new planets to access, quests, and sometimes even gear. Save your plat for things like weapon and warframe slots, and if you find the quests interesting, definitely do them. The cinematic quests like Natah, The Second Dream, and the War Within are pretty amazing if you have the time and inclination to do them. You might even find parts of the a challenge, which is also refreshing. If all you want to do though, is just kill things and have fun, there's nothing wrong with that either. You don't HAVE to do any kind of progression if it's not your thing. Killing things is the basis of Warframe, after all.

My personal opinion: having primed weapons and warframes, as well as cosmetics, means this account will be much better off than a new account (if you quit when ash prime was released, you've come back right as ash prime got vaulted, meaning any of the prime warframes you do have are probably pretty old/hard to get nowadays). However, if you're lost and don't really know where you are in the game, you could benefit from making an alternate account which you play until you figure out where you are on your main account, at which point you switch back to playing on your older account. It gets you a little bit of lore, but at the same time, you can switch back to your main account where you (hopefully) have some good gear and mods--because let me tell you, not even having continuity or intensify sucks hard, and I personally spent almost a month looking for those two mods as a new player(before I discovered that mods like those cost only single-digit plat numbers). 

tl;dr: Keep your old account, maybe make a new one to get the feel for the game again, and catch up on some of the lore you may have missed, then hop back on your main.

1 hour ago, EvianoHD said:

I would keep the account, it is still a lot of time and work. 

I would suggest doing the important story quests if you haven't, Second Dream + The War Within, and just enjoy the game, take your time, and don't try to rush things. 

You put a lot of effort into that, MR9 with some primes and all of that is a lot of work, I wouldn't be quick to throw it away so easily. I understand the desire to burn things down and get a fresh start, but I think with the right planning, you could use your current account to get a huge leg up to anywhere you want to be in the game. 

Just my two cents. 

Thank you all so much, very friendly and helpful community it seems.

I've decided to keep on the main account, and just going through completing all missions on each planet so I have it all unlocked. 

Mods and things are all a mess at the moment, so need to get that into line but hopefully it will all be sorted out soon.

If any of you would like to group up for some missions at any time if I'm on, Add me and shoot me a message :) EU.

Thank you all.