Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Relay's Lack Necessity

Kairo-Kuraku

So here is the issue I have with Relays, and now the Iron Wake. This is completely open for discussion. Tell what you think they should do with them.

What I think they should do is make them more like a marketplace. Yeah, you have Baro once in a blue moon, the Syndicates, Darvo, and Simaris, but I never go to any of those frequently. If they took some of the Capture, Rescue, and Sabotage rewards like the Health Restores and the Specter Blueprints and put them with Darvo for sale at a price in credits (say the Specter BP's are like 500K credits for the Cosmic Specter). This will also give the endgame players something to spend credits on as well.

I think they should sell common mods there too, not for dirt cheap, but they should. I hate getting common mods from enemies, I have like 500 Redirections and I wouldn't miss them.  I don't think it'll be much of an issue in getting rid of the ultra-common mods from the drop tables. And this will set new players off on a decent start if they can easily access some mods in the Relays before setting out on their adventures. Even broken mods, so they can be cheaper. 

There are a lot of things they could do with Relays, but I think, in their current state, they just miss the mark.

Yeah its missing something.

If there was like a place where we can play some kind of tenno chess games ^.^ 

Unique functionality / shop

Or even interaction with npc !

Relay needs love and my guess is that its comming ^.^ 

I agree when i saw the iron wake area from the harrow quest, all i could think was, wow ANOTHER useless social area with very poor thought out longevity and either a lack of understanding what a social space is or a lack of things to populate it with as they have not thought that far ahead.

How about instead of adding one off things we will not use whatsoever, why dont you fix enemy scaling, or the focus system, or adding a meaning full endgame with rewards that equal the time and effort input, or focus on improving the frames that feel inferior instead of an alternative to other frames.

Edited by Darkvramp

I think the relays existed because of the fomorian and razorback events previously... if not, we can have them in our ship (which we already have the syndicates etc), there is no need for relays at all.

If it is story wise etc then it doesn't make sense to have relay next to grineer or corpus ships, above enemy planets.

Edited by kyori

I don't want the relays to be necessary.  I hate going to the Relays and wish I could perform all the actions I need from my Orbiter instead of being forced to load into a laggy area filled with people I'm not actually going to interact with simply because I need to do something that will only take me 2-3 minutes (selling medallions, checking Darvo, Simaris mission, and sometimes Baro).

29 minutes ago, Darkvramp said:

I agree when i saw the iron wake area from the harrow quest, all i could think was, wow ANOTHER useless social area with very poor thought out longevity and either a lack of understanding what a social space is or a lack of things to populate it with as they have not thought that far ahead.

How about instead of adding one off things we will not use whatsoever, why dont you fix enemy scaling, or the focus system, or adding a meaning full endgame with rewards that equal the time and effort input, or focus on improving the frames that feel inferior instead of an alternative to other frames.

Whats the problem with the enemy scaling  ? What needs too be fix?

Edited by venon23

1 hour ago, venon23 said:

Whats the problem with the enemy scaling  ? What needs too be fix?

enemy scaling is so bad,  armor especially. at a certain point anything with armor has 99% dr, which means unless you run something to bypass or reduce/destroy enemy armor, your going f***all nowhere

Syndicate tokens, turning in prime parts for ducats, Baro Ki'Teer, Darvo Deals, weekly clem missions, Simulacrum, everything else involving Simaris. 

Sure relays could always use more reason to be there, like a room to hang out in operator mode or something, and some other stuffs, but let's not say there is no reason to be there. 

There are already necessary reasons to go there. I know you go into some detail about this in your post, but your title imo is kind of misleading. 

And I understand some of these things aren't for you, but if you farm Simaris, you have reason to visit the relay every day.

If you farm syndicate tokens, you have reason to visit the relay every day. 

I think what you are asking are more "dailies" of some kind, that involve needing to go to the relay. And I'm not objecting to that, but we already have a couple dailies that require use of the relay, you just don't prefer doing them often. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

4 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Syndicate tokens, turning in prime parts for ducats, Baro Ki'Teer, Darvo Deals, weekly clem missions, Simulacrum, everything else involving Simaris. 

Sure relays could always use more reason to be there, like a room to hang out in operator mode or something, and some other stuffs, but let's not say there is no reason to be there. 

There are already necessary reasons to go there. I know you go into some detail about this in your post, but your title imo is kind of misleading. 

And I understand some of these things aren't for you, but if you farm Simaris, you have reason to visit the relay every day.

If you farm syndicate tokens, you have reason to visit the relay every day. 

I think what you are asking are more "dailies" of some kind, that involve needing to go to the relay. And I'm not objecting to that, but we already have a couple dailies that require use of the relay, you just don't prefer doing them often. 

Ya, I suppose the title is a little out there, but I think my point still stands. I did mention some of those things, Simaris, Darvo, Baro (Ducats fall in his category), but a lot of those you only go to once a day or less. 

The Syndicates are a topic in themselves and yes, you turn tokens in at the relay*, but once you hit a certain point, Syndicate tokens mean nothing. You don't usually have to do the missions cause you can do it passively. We could just move syndicates fully into our ship, just sell the tokens in the syndicate segment on our ship, it's not like shipping is ever a problem seeing how we get mods from there.

That's a lead onto something that I will use to clarify why I used "necessity".  A lot of things there you can easily move into the ship as they may already have a place do part of it, like Syndicate standing, but no token redeeming. Market and Darvo are connected, and anything to do with the Navigation System i.e. Clem, sculpture hunting for Maroo. So when I say "Lack Necessity" I mean they don't have things special to the Relays, everything can easily be in the ship. There's nothing holding these things (Simaris, Darvo, Clem etc) there. Relays need more life, more stuff there that are part of the Relays only and not available from the ship. Does what I say make sense now?

Simaris you go there once a day for him, and he's like a syndicate so he should just be accessible from the ship like the others. Simulacrum is the only thing he has that you can't just have in your ship. Mastery Tests/Practice is something you could move into the ship, we already don't need to go there to test, so why practice?

Baro is every two weeks, need only go there when he's there.

I'm not sure what you mean by "dailies", if you mean daily missions I think we have enough of those with the Sortie, Syndicate missions, Simaris stuff etc. 

*When I say Relay/Relays I am Referring to IronWake, Larunda Relay, Kronia Relay, Orcus Relay. Maroo's Bizarre isn't included as it serves as a place to trade for clanless Tenno and sell wares to Maroo herself, however, this could be included, but not limited to, with the "Syndicate Tokens issue"*

Edited by Kairo-Kuraku

5 hours ago, (PS4)horridhal said:

I don't want the relays to be necessary.  I hate going to the Relays and wish I could perform all the actions I need from my Orbiter instead of being forced to load into a laggy area filled with people I'm not actually going to interact with simply because I need to do something that will only take me 2-3 minutes (selling medallions, checking Darvo, Simaris mission, and sometimes Baro).

That's what I think part of the problem is, no one wants to go, it often feels like a chore. For Baro, I don't mind, but anything else is bleh. That's why I think it should function more like a marketplace, with things you can only do at the relay when they are necessary, ya'know?

6 hours ago, Kinetos said:

Syndicate tokens can only be turned in at relays. 

Which is funny cause standing, mods, blueprints and all that from them can be done from the ship, why are tokens the only thing that you have to go to the relay for?

20 hours ago, Darkvramp said:

enemy scaling is so bad,  armor especially. at a certain point anything with armor has 99% dr, which means unless you run something to bypass or reduce/destroy enemy armor, your going f***all nowhere

but u have things too bypass that or not ??

18 hours ago, Kairo-Kuraku said:

Ya, and have like chess games or other types of board games in there, like they do in other games.

Sounds fun.

Knight could be Excal 

Queen could be Lotus

King could be Teshin or something

Priest thing could be Harrow

Pawn could be something.

I don't play much chess