Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are the worst tools in game?

Endless_Destruction

Question

Hello, I plan on putting an extensive amount of forma into these weapons, then taking them into sorties for the express purpose of initially freaking people out when they see my loadout, then (hopefully) destroying their expectations.

What is the worst:
Rifle?

Bow? (I think it is the Mk-1 Paris, please confirm)

Sniper?

Shotgun? (I think it is the Mk-1 Strun, please confirm)

Secondary?

Melee?

What is the frame most people think is the worst/most useless? (I know that there is no actual worst frame, but I'm talking about public conception)

Thank you for your help!

Edited by Endless_Destruction

18 answers to this question

Dont know about weapons but twin gremlins are rly bad nail gun but super fun weapon ^.^ 

Oh and mechete ( not the wraith one) is actualy the best paper weight ive ever seen just so you know ;) 

Edited by trunks013

machete....it's a clear and obvious choice for melee, the whole class pretty much sucks.

I'd pick single viper for secondary and Paracyst for primary...although it's toxin is good for corpus....so maybe convectrix might be better option.

edit: warframe... I'd go ash or zephyr... although zephyr is actually pretty tanky.

Edited by LSG501

13 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

Dont know about weapons but twin gremlins are rly bad nail gun but super fun weapon ^.^ 

Oh and mechete ( not the wraith one) is actualy the best paper weight ive ever seen just so you know ;)

oh dang, levelled and sold my machete, and it was a limited time weapon...

9 minutes ago, Stonehenge said:

You really sure you want to burn so many forma and exp grinding time in the worst weapons of the game, young man ?

I'm at MR 20, almost 21, and I'm rather bored of the meta tier weapons. Also, my aim is still absolute trash, so I'm hoping using bad weapons will force me to make every shot count, and improve my aim by virtue of that.

Rifle - really there is none, apart from Mk I Braton. All are somewhat balanced to their respective levels. Mutalist Quanta is also underwhelming.

Secondary - Lato, Embolist, Spectra. Knell and Dual Toxocysts if you have low FPS and/or potato aiming skills.

Melee - regular Machete. It deals less damage than Skana...

Shotgun - Boar, just only because it spreads too much and hogs ammo like crazy and Convectrix until they change status per second mechanic.

Bow - regular Cernos, Daikyu had this title but it got buffed.

Sniper - regular Snipetron. Reload is too long, just 5 in a clip, damage is meh.

Launchers - Ogris, its damage falls off very quickly and its very dangerous to the user.

3 minutes ago, Endless_Destruction said:

oh dang, levelled and sold my machete, and it was a limited time weapon...

I'm at MR 20, almost 21, and I'm rather bored of the meta tier weapons. Also, my aim is still absolute trash, so I'm hoping using bad weapons will force me to make every shot count, and improve my aim by virtue of that.

I think you made a mistake let me correct that for you

it was "a limited time paper weight" Yes but it will come back one day ^.^ 

Rifle? - I guess Dera is pretty horrible

Bow? (I think it is the Mk-1 Paris, please confirm) - yeah, that'll do

Sniper? - Snipetron, dat Magazine Size vs Reload Time, urgh no (also merely 20% crit and 1.5x multiplier ... wat)

Shotgun? - I'd say Convectrix

Secondary? - Lato got buffed so ... maybe Stug? Buggy and kills you, yay

Melee? - Machete seems like a contender, sure

What is the frame most people think is the worst/most useless? - Limbo :D
... eh, it depends, I've been known to tilt my head slightly whenever I see e.g. Valkyr / Wukong / Ash on a defensive type mission,
or, say, Ember in Sorties with the Elemental Enhancement condition / Nidus (against Corpus) with Physical Enhancement ... just, why.
Though, usefulness aside, just bring any Frame you haven't seen in weeks or even months, which for me would put Titania at the top, alas.

Rifle? Buzlok, Paracyst, Tetra. I love the Paracyst because it is so bad. The other two are just the worst type of gimmicky weapons and traditional rifle.

Bow? Mk1 Paris. Useable but the worst of its class.

Sniper? Vulkar. In my honest opinion this is better than the Convectrix.

Shotgun? Convectrix. When you use it you will see.

Secondary? Cyron, Embolist, Seer, Castanas, Sancti Castanas, Talons. Range-limited weapons that spew out their ammo reserves in seconds are extremely bad while explosive deployable traps when used with certain warframe builds are extraordinarily powerful...but when you actually try to use them as intended..well good luck.

Melee? Fang. All the love for twin daggers was forever lost in the ether.

Warframe? Well, this entirely depends on the user and the build they use. No-Duration Mirage is basically the worst possible thing imaginable that serves no purpose other than to just be used for her speed, and acrobatic rolls. Speed Nova can be seen as useful on infested missions to make them come to you faster..or just plain suicidal for when bursas and grineer heavy units come to town but even then you actually benefit from her 200% bonus damage still unlike a no-duration Mirage.

1 hour ago, Endless_Destruction said:

Shotgun? (I think it is the Mk-1 Strun, please confirm)

Mk-1 Strun is actually the best starter weapon by far, and not even the worst shotgun. So yeah, the appearances can be deceiving (but you should still not put forma into it).

And to all those that say Convectrix is the worst....if you really think that, then you should also add Phage into the equation. They are basically the same weapon with some side-grades of each other.

Edited by -N7-Leonhart

13 minutes ago, Laisha said:

Rifle? Buzlok, Paracyst, Tetra. I love the Paracyst because it is so bad. The other two are just the worst type of gimmicky weapons and traditional rifle.

Sniper? Vulkar. In my honest opinion this is better than the Convectrix.

You are one of those that is not up-to-date with the things at all, it seems.... Buzlok(raw crits and damage) and Paracyst (status) have been buffed to a quite large degree (especially Buzlok) so they are among the best rifles you can use right now. Not to mention that they still have their perfect 5/5 Riven Disposition.

And you can't call Vulkar the worst with it's stats. No matter how you look at it, Snipetron is the worst.

Just now, -N7-Leonhart said:

You are one of those that is not up-to-date with the things at all, it seems.... Buzlok(raw crits and damage) and Paracyst (status) have been buffed to a quite large degree (especially Buzlok) so they are among the best rifles you can use right now. Not to mention that they still have their perfect 5/5 Riven Disposition. You would be more correct to call one half of the rifles in the game worse that these 2.

And you can't call Vulkar the worst with it's stats. No matter how you look at it, Snipetron is the worst.

1 hour ago, -N7-Leonhart said:

You are one of those that is not up-to-date with the things at all, it seems.... Buzlok(raw crits and damage) and Paracyst (status) have been buffed to a quite large degree (especially Buzlok) so they are among the best rifles you can use right now. Not to mention that they still have their perfect 5/5 Riven Disposition.

15 seconds of +50% critical chance on beacon targets(and only them) seems good and all but in practice you'd be better off using other traditional weaponry instead of the cumbersome(waiting for the tracker to hit something before you can fire your primary fire) gimmick of tracking targets.

Paracyst status is meaningless to me since I just personally don't like status at all. I really only use it because I like the limitless harpoon and burstfire

As for the Snipetron vs Vulkar it is all about the innate punchthrough and the 1-less scope zoom and even how the scope looks when you look through it(you can turn off the ui for it but..then it looks so strange and hurts my head when I do zoom in at the 12x for vulkar). Sure it has less ammo in the magazine, less critical multiplier, longer reload, less status, and less damage but I'd take all that just for the punchthrough and puncture damage over impact.

Oh, and maybe I should say that those were all my opinions based on my own personal use of the weapons.

Edited by Laisha

37 minutes ago, Laisha said:

15 seconds of +50% critical chance on beacon targets(and only them) seems good and all but in practice you'd be better off using other traditional weaponry instead of the cumbersome(waiting for the tracker to hit something before you can fire your primary fire) gimmick of tracking targets.

Paracyst status is meaningless to me since I just personally don't like status at all. I really only use it because I like the limitless harpoon and burstfire

As for the Snipetron vs Vulkar it is all about the innate punchthrough and the 1-less scope zoom and even how the scope looks when you look through it(you can turn off the ui for it but..then it looks so strange and hurts my head when I do zoom in at the 12x for vulkar). Sure it has less ammo in the magazine, less critical multiplier, longer reload, less status, and less damage but I'd take all that just for the punchthrough and puncture damage over impact.

Oh, and maybe I should say that those were all my opinions based on my own personal use of the weapons.

No, you seem a lot more focused on personal opinion, rather than facts. Status is very powerful indeed, Paracyst is able to kill very very high level armor faster than most weapons in the game, actually, with a 100% corrosive only build. Also, take a look at Buzlok. It's crit stats, with or without beacon are very much viable in order to dish large amounts of damage. If you are to compare it with a previous 'god tier', 'best weapon in the game' like Boltor P(lmao), you will find that the current Buzlok is stronger by quite the large margin. Should I also mention the drastically higher Riven Disponsition.

For certain, these are not the weapons you should mention in a 'worst in class' thread, no matter of your personal likes or dislikes of the weapons.

33 minutes ago, -N7-Leonhart said:

No, you seem a lot more focused on personal opinion, rather than facts. Status is very powerful indeed, Paracyst is able to kill very very high level armor faster than most weapons in the game, actually, with a 100% corrosive only build. Also, take a look at Buzlok. It's crit stats, with or without beacon are very much viable in order to dish large amounts of damage. If you are to compare it with a previous 'god tier', 'best weapon in the game' like Boltor P(lmao), you will find that the current Buzlok is stronger by quite the large margin. Should I also mention the drastically higher Riven Disponsition.

For certain, these are not the weapons you should mention in a 'worst in class' thread, no matter of your personal likes or dislikes of the weapons.

It is a thread that wants opinions on just what would initially freak out people when they see a person's loadout for sorties for the purpose of hopefully destroying their expectations.

3 hours ago, Endless_Destruction said:

Hello, I plan on putting an extensive amount of forma into these weapons, then taking them into sorties for the express purpose of initially freaking people out when they see my loadout, then (hopefully) destroying their expectations.

So, personal likes or dislikes are what they want so to speak.

If I see someone using a Buzlok for a radiation exterminate mission I question in my head if they are just leveling up the weapon or if they truly think they can use it to its fullest extent based on the mission type. I find the weapon to be a poor choice to use when people bring other weapons and warframes that will clean house so much faster than the gimmick of the weapon can keep up.

Let's use the Tonkor as another example. If someone only brings a tonkor in a radiation exterminate there are two things that instantly come to my mind. If it is a tileset that has tight corridors then they will most likely down themselves and their teammates or they will strategically utilize their powers to help make up for the weapon's self-damage and the mission type.

41 minutes ago, Laisha said:

It is a thread that wants opinions on just what would initially freak out people when they see a person's loadout for sorties for the purpose of hopefully destroying their expectations.

So, personal likes or dislikes are what they want so to speak.

If I see someone using a Buzlok for a radiation exterminate mission I question in my head if they are just leveling up the weapon or if they truly think they can use it to its fullest extent based on the mission type. I find the weapon to be a poor choice to use when people bring other weapons and warframes that will clean house so much faster than the gimmick of the weapon can keep up.

Let's use the Tonkor as another example. If someone only brings a tonkor in a radiation exterminate there are two things that instantly come to my mind. If it is a tileset that has tight corridors then they will most likely down themselves and their teammates or they will strategically utilize their powers to help make up for the weapon's self-damage and the mission type.

You are comparing oranges with apples. Naturally, a self-damage weapon will damage it's user. But if someone assumes that Buzlok is weak, then in turn I assume he knows next to nothing about Buzlok.

A Topics like "What's the best/worst ..." will always be about personal preference, experience, opinions and "Look this dude has tons of upvotes and he is here for more then 3 years he must be absolutely right" effect. That's the reason why I hate them. They outclassed 90% weapons in our Arsenal.