Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mature Tenno ? Tennolive

RoniLumen

They were discussing updates to Operator mode starting around 37:30

I made a post when Chains of Harrow came out, the non greyed out part.

XpGPYfV.jpg

So operators are going to get a buff, new combat armor, higher hp, focus weapons etc. but by mature do they mean we might going to be able to alter the appearance of the operator (age wise)?
I never had a problem with the 12y/o look but if there were a choice I'd prefer an operator that looks between 18-25 y/o . That is still a kid to someone who is older than that.

You'd stick with the 12y/o operator or go for a more mature looking 18-25 y/o  OR you'd rather lose your mind in transference, let your original body die and live as a warframe to hunt down the TenNoo one by one ?

There were talk about interplay between Operator and Warframe, here is quote that I made after TWW came out:

rCdPejl.jpg

I really thought that warframes won't be just kneeling frozen puppets while operator mode is active, could they mean that the warframe might get at least a specter's AI or something a bit better than that ?

What is your opinion on operator mode ? Should it be buffed or never forced on us again ?

Edited by RoniLumen

I welcome these additions because it would flesh out Operator combat. As of now, Operator combat involves a palm thrust and a dash just to stun Kuva Guardians.  Anything that makes Operator combat more engaging is welcomed.

But I do wonder...if we have a power suit in the form of a Warframe, why even bother using the Operator? So that means they would have to provide us a purpose to use the Focus Gun. I can see the point of the Operator Armor, helps us survive.

Other than that, I spent a lot of time customizing my operator to look the way I want him to and I am fine if he stays pre teen. It would be cool if my Warframe could fight alongside me.

14 minutes ago, AcceI said:

As soon as the game allows it, my operator is dead. D.E.A.D.

Well, if Umbra frames are what I think they are, maybe when we get them, haters can have their wish and finally stop making these stupid posts/threads.

Edited by Ricardo58

There's not much reason to think this, but I think it would be interesting to see a new syndicate on Cetus. A warrior-class of hunters and gladiators who take martial prowess as the highest honor. Maybe they see the Warframes as an unnecessary crutch, or something that takes all the pride and honor out of real combat. Perhaps the only way to gain standing with them is Operator-only combat, either through a minigame type scenario (like Archwing), or in regular combat. In the rewards tree, you'll find all sorts of upgrades and armor and weapons for the operator, until at the very end, it will be viable in the main game. Much less magic ninja, much more tooth-and-nail combat. This idea would take a lot of fiddling and lots of special rules to make it work, but it would be a very drastic shift from regular Warframe, without being too out of left field considering the theme of growth we've already had up to this point.

Or you can ignore the syndicate and continue on your merry way with Warframe abilities and bullet jumping.

50 minutes ago, AcceI said:

As soon as the game allows it, my operator is dead. D.E.A.D.

The game won't allow it for a single reason: all wf plot revolves around teensy drama. You can't have that drama without having your basement child

Not sure about the Tenno maturing, but Steve had much to say in a recent interview involving Tenno combat in Plains of Eidolon. I'll copy the Tenno bit, but here's the full article itself: http://www.mmogames.com/gamearticles/warframe-plains-of-eidolon-interview-steve-sinclair/

During the day the plains are accessible to anyone but powerful beings come out at night. What type of requirements will players need in order to have a chance against these Spectral Sentients?

The design for it is kind of out there. During the day, new players come in and experience the landscape features, fighting Grineer camps. As the sun sets, the half-destroyed ghosts of the Sentients emerge. They’re a multi-stage boss battle. They have very specific weak points and abilities. Our design for that is that you need to be very deep into Warframe. You need to be ‘War Within.’

Without going into spoilers, but there’s a specific type of character that emerges when you get that far into the game. That character, when we have Plains of Eidolon, we actually be able to weaponize themselves and build armor from these same monsters they’re fighting. What’s interesting about that is the Warframe becomes almost like a tag-team with this character. It’s very high-end play. We’re here at TennoCon, I’m meeting all these players who’ve been with us for four years. We really kind of owe it to them to give them a crazy challenge they’ve never faced before.

Edited by Aceofgods

3 minutes ago, Aceofgods said:

Not sure about the Tenno maturing, but Steve had much to say in a recent interview involving Tenno combat in Plains of Eidolon. I'll copy the Tenno bit, but here's the full article itself: http://www.mmogames.com/gamearticles/warframe-plains-of-eidolon-interview-steve-sinclair/

During the day the plains are accessible to anyone but powerful beings come out at night. What type of requirements will players need in order to have a chance against these Spectral Sentients?

The design for it is kind of out there. During the day, new players come in and experience the landscape features, fighting Grineer camps. As the sun sets, the half-destroyed ghosts of the Sentients emerge. They’re a multi-stage boss battle. They have very specific weak points and abilities. Our design for that is that you need to be very deep into Warframe. You need to be ‘War Within.’

Without going into spoilers, but there’s a specific type of character that emerges when you get that far into the game. That character, when we have Plains of Eidolon, we actually be able to weaponize themselves and build armor from these same monsters they’re fighting. What’s interesting about that is the Warframe becomes almost like a tag-team with this character. It’s very high-end play. We’re here at TennoCon, I’m meeting all these players who’ve been with us for four years. We really kind of owe it to them to give them a crazy challenge they’ve never faced before.

Sounds like the Operator will be able to build armor from Sentient remains. Also sounds like the Warframe will be fighting alongside the Operator.

i'm pretty sure it refers to maturing psychologically. Besides we dont even know if we(Tenno) can physically grow up. The time from the reappearance of the zariman to us winning the war must have took a while/years/decades(?) and during that time we were not in the second dream after all we built whole culture from the grounds up.

Also new armor ,suits, outfits are easier to make for 2 different body models then for 100 all varying in size.

Edited by Tallenar

On 7/9/2017 at 7:55 AM, RoniLumen said:

They were discussing updates to Operator mode starting around 37:30

I made a post when Chains of Harrow came out, the non greyed out part.

XpGPYfV.jpg

So operators are going to get a buff, new combat armor, higher hp, focus weapons etc. but by mature do they mean we might going to be able to alter the appearance of the operator (age wise)?
I never had a problem with the 12y/o look but if there were a choice I'd prefer an operator that looks between 18-25 y/o . That is still a kid to someone who is older than that.

You'd stick with the 12y/o operator or go for a more mature looking 18-25 y/o  OR you'd rather lose your mind in transference, let your original body die and live as a warframe to hunt down the TenNoo one by one ?

There were talk about interplay between Operator and Warframe, here is quote that I made after TWW came out:

rCdPejl.jpg

I really thought that warframes won't be just kneeling frozen puppets while operator mode is active, could they mean that the warframe might get at least a specter's AI or something a bit better than that ?

What is your opinion on operator mode ? Should it be buffed or never forced on us again ?

Mature as a PERSON, a CHARACTER, that is, MENTALLY.

NOT physically. Don't take it literally mate.

14 hours ago, Ricardo58 said:

Well, if Umbra frames are what I think they are, maybe when we get them, haters can have their wish and finally stop making these stupid posts/threads.

Just give the operator power's to my beautiful Banshee Prime.  Do that and im good.

Idc if that will make her some type of Umbra or whatever.

On 7/10/2017 at 0:19 PM, Tallenar said:

i'm pretty sure it refers to maturing psychologically. Besides we dont even know if we(Tenno) can physically grow up. The time from the reappearance of the zariman to us winning the war must have took a while/years/decades(?) and during that time we were not in the second dream after all we built whole culture from the grounds up.

Also new armor ,suits, outfits are easier to make for 2 different body models then for 100 all varying in size.

I don't think the Tenno grow, but they are organic flesh beings with some type of DNA so we should be able to mess around with it. I don't mind the spacekids, but I'd prefer an option to have young adults instead.

On 7/9/2017 at 4:55 AM, RoniLumen said:

OR you'd rather lose your mind in transference, let your original body die and live as a warframe to hunt down the TenNoo one by one ?

Players being the stalker, that would be fun

And yeah, older tenno should be added, just consider the following scenario:

"look at that menacing Chroma! It's breathing fire! The more you hit him the stronger he becomes! And he can release a giant fire breathing bat from his back! And on top of all this--- wait what is that? oh... it's just a kid.."

i mean come on dude it ruins the image

or

"DAMN that valkyr has a damn fine a--OH F*** IT'S UNDERAGE"

3 minutes ago, Sovyul said:

Players being the stalker, that would be fun

And yeah, older tenno should be added, just consider the following scenario:

"look at that menacing Chroma! It's breathing fire! The more you hit him the stronger he becomes! And he can release a giant fire breathing bat from his back! And on top of all this--- wait what is that? oh... it's just a kid.."

i mean come on dude it ruins the image

or

"DAMN that valkyr has a damn fine a--OH F*** IT'S UNDERAGE"

then lets assume your tenno took vitamin aifhiuash and looks like a 18 year old.

still doesnt change the fact that valkyr is underage, as you built her at most a few years ago, and lets ignore the fact that you are contemplating intercourse with an artficial beeing with no self which means you are either  into rape or sexdolls. :shocked:

:smile:

3 minutes ago, Tallenar said:

then lets assume your tenno took vitamin aifhiuash and looks like a 18 year old.

still doesnt change the fact that valkyr is underage, as you built her at most a few years ago, and lets ignore the fact that you are contemplating intercourse with an artficial beeing with no self which means you are either  into rape or sexdolls. :shocked:

:smile:

:^)

I'm hoping it turns out great, but I am not looking forward to operator combat. I was hoping they were going to stay as the WFs soft vulnerable insides 

I don't like this idea of our WFs being put on the back-burner. They are the reason why we came to WF, not the operators.

That said, I wouldn't mind a more polished version to the operator combat we have now. As long as they don't power creep them to outshine our WFs, then I'll be ok with it. It's fun as an occasional thing

With that said..... i hope Steve's idea of end game is not invulnerable enemies that require operator mode to do damage. We really don't need more Kuva guardians. I want difficult content for our Warframes, not just difficult content for the sake of difficulty.