The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon

DonGheddo

6 hours ago, TheBlueHero said:

since when does winter begin on 21st? wasnt it 1 december?

6 hours ago, Firetempest said:

Winter - from December 1 to February 28 (February 29 in a leap year).

6 hours ago, FashionFrame said:

Edit: Some are saying the first day of winter is the 1st. I'm just going by what google told me! 

I had literally never heard this, so I had to look it up. The actual basis of Winter is that it begins on the Solstice, the time when Earth's position relative to the sun creates the fewest hours of daylight in a given region, with the season that follows consequently being the coldest. It doesn't get cold because it's December. It gets cold because there's less daylight. Meteorologists label seasonal boundaries according to the beginnings of months that contain Solstices and Equinoxes, in order to make calculations of averages over multiple years easier. But they don't do that when they're actually reporting weather in the current year, and I have never heard of anyone saying seasons literally start on the first of the month before now. They don't, sillies. Really strange to look at an approximation made for statistical purposes and say "no, this is the correct reckoning of seasons, and if you base it on the Solstice/Equinox, you're wrong".

TL;DR: OP is correct. Winter starts on the 21st-22nd, this year, in the Northern hemisphere.

And~ yeah, the video description for the original trailer said Summer. So it can't be delayed more unless it pushes into Winter, because there's still no set date.

Edited by DreamsmithJane

2 minutes ago, Sarge_Tarmus said:

Well, they can set the possible date, but they still can delay it, to avoid most of bugs. Do you remember the War Within update from the previous year? They were delaying it over and over and over again, but there were still lots of bugs.

You can't really compare TWW with PoE. The delay between TWW was solely about creative reasons, they weren't happy with the story and it required multiple rewrites. PoE isn't story heavy, they don't have that problem in here. Most system seem to be already complete, we haven't seen Focus nor Operator combat because they said they want to surprise us. 

I mean, they've said on numerous occasions during the Devstream that they're hoping to ship sometime in September. That's hardly a firm ETA, and delays are to be expected, but it's technically still possible. Granted, I'd assume they'll have a hypesite one week prior, so I wouldn't hold my breath, but who knows?

PoE is literally right around the corner.  They're giving up developing their easy and consistent revenue stream (weekly weapons!) to get this to us ASAP and will only divert resources towards emergency hotfixes.  No studio manager worth their salt makes the call to throw all of their eggs into one basket for so long a period their development pipe line otherwise comes to a screeching halt and the bottom line gets seriously hurt.  Unless crap really hits the fan, it ain't another month out.  

Edited by Littleman88

1 hour ago, Pyus said:

Ha! DE only said 2017 but did not specify Common Era or Before Common Era! 

So either they are 4034 years late, or almost right on time. Nice try haters!

actually newest trailer states FALL now.

58 minutes ago, DreamsmithJane said:

And~ yeah, the video description for the original trailer said Summer. So it can't be delayed more unless it pushes into Winter, because there's still no set date.

I keep looking for this video description in all sorts of PoE videos, and none are stating "Summer." Do you have a link?

@FashionFrame

Sup! Haven't seen you in ages - I'm still carrying on the rainbow colours they look amazing on my rhino lol

Yeah I have to agree, DE were aiming their PoE completion milestone for this month, but aiming for a date and advertising a date for consumers are two different things.
I'm so hyped for PoE but I am glad they aren't setting anything in stone and are working to bring out something awesome instead of rushing and only trying to keep up with demand.
I believe their development model is pretty efficient imo; going back and forth making changes is exactly what we need. Sure the milestone may be pushed back a bit when they do this, but the end result is much better.

Just now, Alcoholism said:

@FashionFrame

Sup! Haven't seen you in ages - I'm still carrying on the rainbow colours they look amazing on my rhino lol

Yeah I have to agree, DE were aiming their PoE completion milestone for this month, but aiming for a date and advertising a date for consumers are two different things.
I'm so hyped for PoE but I am glad they aren't setting anything in stone and are working to bring out something awesome instead of rushing and only trying to keep up with demand.
I believe their development model is pretty efficient imo; going back and forth making changes is exactly what we need. Sure the milestone may be pushed back a bit when they do this, but the end result is much better.

They've learned from past releases! DE has been extra careful with this one, that's for sure!

Second I saw your name, I laughed! I always loved your name XD I laugh at the most morbid things! Has been awhile that we've seen each other, glad you're repping the rainbows, soon it shall spread and consume the entire galaxy!

8 hours ago, FashionFrame said:

So far the only "date" they've actually announced is that it'll be out in Autumn (Fall), so if you want to complain about it being DELAYED, your date will be December 21st (The first day of winter!)

Still not technically current. For me, December is a very hot summer. Winter has ended for me already and it is currently spring. 

So this measure of season is not entirely correct cause each country have different seasons 

1 hour ago, Arniox said:

Still not technically current. For me, December is a very hot summer. Winter has ended for me already and it is currently spring. 

So this measure of season is not entirely correct cause each country have different seasons 

Below I'm going to quote another person's post for you to read @Arniox. Plus, it doesn't have to do with how warm or cold the weather is, especially when we're dealing with climate change (not wanting to start something on that ordeal), it has to do with the position of our planet and other fun stuff as shown below! \/

4 hours ago, Sarcasm4Free said:

Astronomical spring: 21.3 - 20.6

Astronomical summer: 21.6 - 22.9

Astronomical autumn: 23.9 - 20.12

Astronomical winter: 21.12 - 20.3

Meteorological spring: 1.3 - 31.5

Meteorological summer: 1.6 - 31.8

Meteorological autumn: 1.9 - 30.11

Meteorological winter: 1.12 - 28/29.2

https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/news/meteorological-versus-astronomical-summer—what’s-difference

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)purpledragon262 said:

DE better not delay Poe on pc bc if they do it’s gonna take even longer for it to come out on console 

No fully determined date just yet for either pc or console, but they are hoping console version swiftly comes out after pc 

13 hours ago, Mepheri said:

the trailer in tennocon said "This summer" so you are technically wrong

13 hours ago, IceColdHawk said:

Rather from the video description lol. Let me quote for you:

7 hours ago, DreamsmithJane said:

And~ yeah, the video description for the original trailer said Summer

MMORPG.com is not DE. That description is opinionated, saying stuff like "DE has never been shy about updating their game with 21 updates (not counting patches or bug fixes) since the launch of the game in 2013. That is a feat very few games can say they have accomplished and a free to play game it is unheard of." If the source of a trailer is not DE, don't take its word (unless PCGamer because they actually reach out to DE and interview staff, gaining the newest information prior to major updates, along with uploading teasers the same day one goes out). The trailer at TennoCon also just said "2017".

The exact same teaser was uploaded on the official Warframe YouTube channel, and the description of that video has no indication of release date outside of "2017", so please don't use a video not uploaded by Warframe as a source, again, unless PCGamer because they've been reliable for past major updates.

Edited by LazerSkink

Just now, LazerSkink said:

MMORPG.com is not DE. That description is opinionated, saying stuff like "DE has never been shy about updating their game with 21 updates (not counting patches or bug fixes) since the launch of the game in 2013. That is a feat very few games can say they have accomplished and a free to play game it is unheard of." If the source of a trailer is not DE, don't take its word.

They uploaded the exact same teaser on the Warframe YouTube channel and the description of that video had no indication of release date outside of "2017", so please don't use a video not uploaded by Warframe as a source. The only one that's okay to quote is PCGamer because they actually reach out to DE and interview staff.

I looked all over, this "summer" description I couldn't find anywhere. All saying "Coming 2017"

2 hours ago, Arniox said:

1 hour ago, FashionFrame said:

Below I'm going to quote another person's post for you to read @Arniox. Plus, it doesn't have to do with how warm or cold the weather is, especially when we're dealing with climate change (not wanting to start something on that ordeal), it has to do with the position of our planet and other fun stuff as shown below! \/

This is missing the point a bit. One can surmise from the above that Arniox lives in the Southern hemisphere, and thus December is the beginning of Summer, not Winter.

34 minutes ago, FashionFrame said:

ohhh hahaha that's not even DE! Yeah, that's mmorpg's issue for sure, not DE! That made me giggle.

Yep, you're right. That's irritating. If it weren't bad enough that they re-uploaded DE's trailer, they added their own false information.

1 minute ago, DreamsmithJane said:

This is missing the point a bit. One can surmise from the above that Arniox lives in the Southern hemisphere, and thus December is the beginning of Summer, not Winter.

Ahh, Was actually kind idiotic of me to think seasons are all the same all across the world, I see that. I guess DE didn't take that into account, but I guess in terms of eastern Canada's winter, it isn't under December.

Just now, Tricky5hift said:

Canadian winter?

So like... The whole year?

well, 6 months of the year for us when it comes to snow and cold. Usually November through to april. It sucks. But calendar wise, it isn't till december, which is always a lie because it sometimes even starts snowing in october...uhg

Actually I can only see they "announced" the release date is in 2017, where did you see they announced to release in this Fall? Are you sure it's not just a "hoping" release schedule? or did they edit the teaser video description?

Steve did mention "hoping" to release in late summer on AngryJoe interview[12:40], again, it's just HOPE, but when there are too many possible release date given, words start means nothing anymore, I hope they know what they are doing when try to erase the [DE]lay name.

Spoiler