The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Theory and Concern about Umbra

(PSN)Ch1b1N1njaGam1ng

I cant be the only one who screamed "HOLY S**T UMBRA!!" at the screen of my tablet (much to the dismay of my parents trying to sleep).

But after that instantly came my fear of what could happen. Two words rang in my head that made my blood run cold.

Umbra...Access...

Its been swimming in my mind for too long I need to know if this will be another paywall locked thing.

Ok, moving on from that, Theory.

DE stated that Umbra may have different abilities altogether from the original and prime variant of Excalibur so...

Rather than Umbra being a DPS frame like Excalibur/Prime, He could be a Stealth Frame

What do you guys think?

1 minute ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

I assume Umbra will work the same way as any Prime: You'll have Umbra Access and you can farm for him in the game. I see no reason DE would change this model.

Because Most people don't have the money to buy them or the time to farm them. People are saying the entire frame will come as a quest reward. I'm hoping this is the case.

Just now, (PS4)Ch1b1N1njaGam1ng said:

Because Most people don't have the money to buy them or the time to farm them. People are saying the entire frame will come as a quest reward. I'm hoping this is the case.

That would be ideal. But it may be that, like other quest frames, you get the bp and have to farm parts. I hope it's the complete frame though. That would be awesome.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

I assume Umbra will work the same way as any Prime: You'll have Umbra Access and you can farm for him in the game. I see no reason DE would change this model.

But then it would be the same thing as a Prime

Just now, (PS4)Ch1b1N1njaGam1ng said:

I thought the next Cinematic quest was The Plains Of Eidolon

Nope. The plains is a content update. They clearly stated however that the teaser they were going to show was for the next cinematic quest, and that is when they showed the teaser for "the sacrifice"

1 minute ago, (PS4)Ch1b1N1njaGam1ng said:

I thought the next Cinematic quest was The Plains Of Eidolon

I think thats just the name of that Area, which in itself isnt a quest, although the umbra quest (The Sacrifice) might take place there to some extent.

Back to the question: 

I heard somewhere that Umbras are supposed to be warframes that lack an operator (Like the stalker?) so it would be possible for excalibur Umbra to be an NPC instead or on top of being a playable warframe.

Edited by Dawn11715

2 hours ago, (PS4)Ch1b1N1njaGam1ng said:

Because Most people don't have the money to buy them or the time to farm them.

Not having the money to buy them? Sure, I get that. Even if I did I probably wouldn't.

Not having the time to farm him? Then... why are you spending time playing a video game or posting on that game's forums? If you have time to play a video game then you have time to farm parts.

1 minute ago, Chipputer said:

Not having the money to buy them? Sure, I get that. Even if I did I probably wouldn't.

Not having the time to farm him? Then... why are you spending time playing a video game or posting on that game's forums? If you have time to play a video game then you have time to farm parts.

I'm not talking about me. I'm talking about other players less fortunate. like people who work countless hours and al their money goes to paying bills or kids who go to school but spend most of their time at home doing chores

21 hours ago, (PS4)Ch1b1N1njaGam1ng said:

I'm not talking about me. I'm talking about other players less fortunate. like people who work countless hours and al their money goes to paying bills or kids who go to school but spend most of their time at home doing chores

Then.... clearly they need to prioritise? 

Family, work, bills, life etc probably more important the content in a video game. I'll never understand the mentality of being able to have it all. If someone is too busy to play a game thats primary method of content acquisition is FARMING then they are playing a game not targeted at them or they likely have no time to play the game much in the first place.

People with lives that busy probably have more important stuff to do then worry about digital content in a game. 

Edited by StinkyPygmy

I don't know what it is, but I seriously don't want Umbra to be yet another prefix/suffix. I don't want 3 versions of every frame. I hope it's some sort of meaningful modifier or choice you have to make ("a sacrifice"?).

18 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Quedakid11 said:

It said if u could trade ... Would you.... I think u sacrifice something to lose link to prime frames so to say and just get umbra frames or if you want the umbra the access to the normal or prime variant is removed hence the sacrifice

This will never happen. I think you're reading way too far into the Umbra teaser. The sacrifice is in reference to something in lore, not the market.