The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Futuristic approach, weapons

Fallen_Echo

Okay Tenno, lets throw out reality in the window and infuse our mind with space magic!

What futuristic weapons or weaponlike items would you like to see in your arsenal?

Post your ideas maybe someone will see it and makes it reality!

1. Bladegun. As our gunblades are mainly melee weapons with low caliber gun inside them, i would love to see an actual gun with a melee alt attack.
  2. Dual flamethrower pistols. One firemode creates a short range (8m) big cone 45°, while the other creates a concentrated long range (16m) beam what leaves a trail of fire lingering on its path.
  3. Deathball. This would be a small metallic sphere capatable of morphing and changing its apperance depending on the damage mods it has. Main attacks would look like you move the ball with your hands movement but without touching it.

First is gona be tricky to program, second is doable and the third I don't even know.

Any way, how about an actual Plasma Sword, or would that make too many issues with copyright? I mean it shouldn't, there are a good handfull of ligtsabers outside the Star Wars universe. Hell, the GGO ark in Sword Art Online even stole the sound effects.

4 minutes ago, Jobistober said:

Would love to see a gunblade that is more gun than blade, as you suggested, with the alt-fire being some kind of melee attack.

I mean when you think about it, the Redeemer is just a Tigris with a diffrent handle, blades and trigger type. Plus you don't really even use the blades with Bullet Dance.

46 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

First is gona be tricky to program, second is doable and the third I don't even know.

Any way, how about an actual Plasma Sword, or would that make too many issues with copyright? I mean it shouldn't, there are a good handfull of ligtsabers outside the Star Wars universe. Hell, the GGO ark in Sword Art Online even stole the sound effects.

Well all they need to do is making it different enough.

ow0XjKF.jpg

3aebd3053694e9aac18bce48144d93d3.jpg

21 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

Those sound more fantasy rather than futuristic to me. 

Mace.jpgwarframe_weapon_concept__the_sydao_by_di

custom_sci_fi_aliens_flamethrower_prop_f

Well here are some examples found in google, on what can you imagine. The first one is actually a mace but we can leave out the handle part.

I'll tell you something really futuristic.

Spoiler

Arm-mounted weapons. I am yet to see a good, free to play game that has weapons like sound cannons, blades or even tiny miniguns hidden inside your characters arm. Kinda like Deus Ex.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, o0Despair0o said:

Hide contents

Arm-mounted weapons. I am yet to see a good, free to play game that has weapons like sound cannons, blades or even tiny miniguns hidden inside your characters arm. Kinda like Deus Ex.

giphy.gif

psnjeTc.png?1

1 hour ago, o0Despair0o said:

Reveal hidden contents

giphy.gif

Mesa, Gammacor, Atomos, Sonicor...

This is hardly a new thing to the game.

4 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:
  1. Deathball. This would be a small metallic sphere capatable of morphing and changing its apperance depending on the damage mods it has. Main attacks would look like you move the ball with your hands movement but without touching it.

So, a Lunaro ball?

31 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

I said INSIDE the arm.

Please read.

We couldn't do that due to each Warframe's differing model sizes. The amount of work for what would essentially be a reskin to a weapon type like the Sonicor and Heliocor would be pretty pointless.

I actually quite enjoy modern and past asthetics, as what these are right now, futuristic stuff is usually boxy railguns and plasma guns.

How about shapeshifting weapons? I also would quite enjoy a more realistic bow, like the cernos, or a recurve/compound bow, a more detailed bo staff, claytronic based tech sounds cool too, and more magnets

10 hours ago, Constructman said:

So, a Lunaro ball?

Can that move around the way magneto handles pure iron? I want to see something what changes form on each attack, blocking would make it thin out and form a shield while quick attacks would lenghten it to slash the target.

9 hours ago, Heatnix. said:

I proposed this weapon a long time ago, but it seems like it can only be a dream...

giphy.gif

A littl bit of change and we can make this into a legit weapon.

All we need is to connect a ferrite crystal to a chain. I can already see its description:

In desperate times a Tenno colonist found a cheap way to effectively fight against thr grineer.

9 hours ago, Cyndocrit said:

I'd like to see some super advanced god-like (somewhat alien) biotech and mechanical weapons.

Like these?concept_dragon_crossbow_by_tsimmers-da425b729048c00b738938961e9e22e3d754.jpgc2fa34e5e82bc0210a1ced86832f503f--warham

6 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Can that move around the way magneto handles pure iron? I want to see something what changes form on each attack, blocking would make it thin out and form a shield while quick attacks would lenghten it to slash the target.

A littl bit of change and we can make this into a legit weapon.

All we need is to connect a ferrite crystal to a chain. I can already see its description:

In desperate times a Tenno colonist found a cheap way to effectively fight against thr grineer.

Like these?concept_dragon_crossbow_by_tsimmers-da425b729048c00b738938961e9e22e3d754.jpgc2fa34e5e82bc0210a1ced86832f503f--warham

Those are hot. Especially the last image could be useful for making boney infested weapons.