Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

On the topic of "Stalker Mode"

MorrowDeath

So the reveal at tennocon about playing as the stalker to invade other people's missions has been split, to say the least. On one hand, It breaks lore and immersion entirely, and many have out cried on not wanting to force PVP when they fight Stalker. On the other, many say that this will breathe new life into fighting the stalker and make it interesting again. I'm mostly on the former side due to my immersion not wanting to break, since the stalker has always been a faceless villain, and we don't know the true origins of the stalker or how he operates. So I wouldn't want it implemented in that sense. As I'm still interested in this PVP assassination invasion, I have a solution involving syndicates.

Firstly, there would have to be an entirely new rank in syndicates, one above the current max one. This could have rewards such as endo, built forma, exilus adapters and (even though I'm personally against them) Rivens. This would open up more opportunities to get sought after items. However, with this new tier, players from opposing syndicates can now invade your missions for a special new syndicate mission, that will reward the highest possible amount of standing possible, something along the lines of 10,000. If failed, the assaulting player gets no standing, or maybe a certain amount depending on the amount of damage done.

And it is because that is a separate tier on its own that will make it completely optional, and the rewards can be gotten from elsewhere, i.e sorties.  

Please leave comments on how this can be improved, I would love all the feedback possible!

To prevent Acolyte/Syndicate Tenno Assassins from trolling weaklings, or people who don't Conclave: 

If enough people back the idea we need a 'Global Conclave' toggle button in the Options or in Navigation so non-Conclave-ists don't get trolled.
And on top of it, have Second Dream and MR8 as a block to stop MR0s who don't know how to sort their Options/Settings out from getting hunted.
DLC1: 1 Conclave match within the week is a must before being allowed to enable the 'Global Conclave' mode atop the previous requirements.

If worried about breaking of Stalker-ological immersion:

Perhaps, instead of Stalker himself, it should be a custom-made Acolyte, 'built' from any 'frame's chassis, helmet, and having selectable Systems (AKA power-sets; only ones from non-quest-frames pre-2nd-dream), with Acolyte colours.

Edited by Koldraxon-732
DLC1: Conclave is also required.

I think Rebecca mentioned last night, during Prime Time, that it would be a shame to throw away this functionality, and they are thinking of ways to make it work. 

Of course, I think that if this gets implemented, no matter how, you should be able to opt out of it. If you want to play as the stalker, you have to allow other players to stalk you.

The syndicate idea is interesting, but like I said, you should be able to opt out of it.

As long as Stalker players can't do things like troll by destroying consoles/cryopods/etc. then It could be an interesting mechanic.It would give PvP players incentive to compete there, though I think how it's earned should vary and that there should be a lockout for how long a player has to wait to get the chance again. I also agree that there should be better rewards and a straight token system so that even if RNG is ridiculous players can still earn the best rewards for winning.

I think I nova molecular primed a suspected user in stalker mode during a survival solo with my doggy, looting the room in peace before hacking the the start terminal. How I suspected it to be a user and not an an AI was the stalker character started the survival for me by hacking the terminal ... Nice try. But you got molecular primed , I think it was a clem mission... 

Edited by Cosmic_Elf

I dunno about the Stalker himself, I like the lore and potential of lore around him too much, but a new kind of Acolyte could be fun, with specific mission nodes or a separate cluster like Derelicts.

People could make their Acolytes and hop into the cluster, and have a game mode similar to Evolve, or like certain covenants in Dark Souls where players have to run a gauntlet while being hounded.

Though as this would be yet another game mode tacked on, I am concerned about DE's resources getting stretched, as it takes quite some time for each currently existing mode to get a decent update.  But, the idea of more stuff to do would always be welcome, and this particular game mode has already proven successful in other games.

Stalker should be dev only. Meaning only devs should play Stalker. And when we kill the dev playing the Stalker you get to see which dev was playing him. I think players would hang trophies based on how many times they killed DE_Steve.

54 minutes ago, JalakBali said:

Stalker should be dev only. Meaning only devs should play Stalker. And when we kill the dev playing the Stalker you get to see which dev was playing him. I think players would hang trophies based on how many times they killed DE_Steve.

Now this could be amusing.

I was there at the convention and it was pretty fun to watch the stalker do some pvp. After about 3 kills, many of the crowd just started yelling for the stalker to grief the mission objective. That's the problem with this mode. I enjoy PVE mostly but the occasional PVP battle with a "stalker" who plays the part well would be ok. But I am against putting it in because I think too many in the crowd just want to grief.