Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If you were reworking Hydroid, what would you change?

TheGodofWiFi

Since Hydroid Prime is on the way in all his golden Samurai/Pirate themed glory, DE are inevitably going to give him a rework. Hydroid is quite an old frame now and with all the introduction of all these new frames/weapons, he has really fallen off of many a players radar. In my opinion he needs a full thorough rework, not just QoL changes like Oberon had. Most of his abilities are quite outdated and are more based on RNG save for Undertow and Tidal Surge. 

I want to hear the communities ideas for a reworked Hydroid. What would you would change and why?

Honestly, I don't even know.

The main functional idea might be the combination of fast abilities that combine mobility and rag dolling CC and wide area abilities that combine DoT and CC.

Literally, manipulate/trick/drag mobs into a localized disaster zone and make em crippled/drowned/torn by void tentacles depending on the synergizing chain

Kinda nidus but less gimmicky 

Edited by Teloch

1st ability - make it a completely new one 

2nd ability - crashing into enemies will give you an additional buff or turn this ability into more survival ability

3rd ability - instead of drown enemies and yourself, it should create a arc that will hold enemies into place while procing corrosive on the enemies

Would be nice if Tentacles swung around waiting for an enemy but constricted them in place once found until dead. Swinging ancient healers around makes them annoying to kill because that stupid resistance aura makes their infested friends difficult to kill in later levels.

Passive (aka, an active) should have Pilfering Swarm qualities by default too. Otherwise, it is mostly useless.

Change his 2 to have homing capabilities, so they don't hit 10 meters away from the enemies if you have some range equipped. 

Change his 2 so he shoots a wave that knocks down enemies and heals/buffs allies. Distance is only affected by range. Enemies affected take bonus damage from electricity or become fronzen from cold . 

Change his 3 to an AoE cast like Hollowed Ground that impedes enemies and groups them together like a whirlpool.  Enemy accuracy is decreased while they are affected by it. Bonus damage from electricity. 

Change his 4 so that instead of throwing enemies around, the tentacles [thinner than now] will pierce and then constrict the enemies. 

Edited by aligatorno

Turn 1 90° to make it more usable

2/3 be combined into one ability - sprint creates wave/crouch becomes slow moving puddle immune to spy lasers

Move 4 down a little make it choke foes rather than flail - still target with periodic damage is easier to shoot/melee

Give a new 4 - maybe summon leviathan or to ascended hydromancer

Make Hydroid more tanky, I actually ran into a phenomenal group of Hydroids on Taveuni and none of them bled out until after one hour, but they were the exception to what I experience.

Also, his barrage could be a bit stronger.

Most of all, I just wish Hydroids stop insisting I camp with them in survivals. Hey, if they're the host, out of respect, I just leave; but if I'm the host, I play the way I choose.

Id make it so he can simply cast his puddle on the ground istead of having to become it. It's great for escaping damage, but unles you're fighting a low level defense, it's a bit pointless. Also his second ability needs to just send out a wave of water... Or maybe acid? That strips enemy armor? Also add some synergy. Like casting rain on enemies trapped in puddle does extra percentage damage of max health.