Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Login Reward Mods Are BS

(PSN)CLASSIFIEDGTA

27 minutes ago, CY13ERPUNK said:

a lot has been said in this thread and i have not read every single post all the way through 

but i will just say this, my bad if this is an echo {but if it is, then here's just another agreement}

basically i dont have a problem with the login rewards 'in theory' ... ie free stuff for coming back on a regular basis ... but ... in practice they do leave a lot to be desired

and fundamentally having some significant stats/mods behind 600+ day time-walls is VERY off-putting to say the least, especially to newer players 

IMHO DE basically just made all of the same mistakes they were trying to fix when they re-did the login rewards 

personally i would have login rewards ONLY give unique COSMETIC rewards every 100 days [ie put all those primed mods into baro's rotation or whatevs, and instead the login rewards could be skins/armor/scarves/whatevs], then potentially a tater/tomato/slot every in between 50, then have the daily rewards basically being the same as they are, except give cryo in 1-3k chunks and give rares in 3s instead of singles {srsly all of us vets just laugh when we login and get 1 tellurium or an O-cell, srsly? i have hundreds/thousands of these things and ZERO use for them, id rather get syndicate medals, at least they will always be consistently useful}

anyways, thats my 42 cents

See now this is a reasonable solution; however, you get the SAME issue for the people that care more about fashion frame than power. But still better overall IMO.

8 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Outside exploits I don't see any serious issues with it.

Being unable to trade Login mods is akin to not being able to trade Arcanes.

They're both locked behind daily time walls and exclusive to a system in the game. Weapons sorta make sense since we have event weapons we cannot trade but Mods just don't make any sense to me. Esp when in those same events, we can trade the mods. There's a needless double standard going on here.

I agree, people seem to think I'm just *@##$ing about it, but again I don't think mods should be time walled.

1 hour ago, (PS4)CLASSIFIEDGTA said:

Primed vigor makes a big difference on inaros, with vitality and primed vigor you get like 500 more HP than vitality and regular vigor. I have a REALLY  good build on inaros, and it would only be better if I had it, one day I guess😢

Arcane Grace or Arcane Ultimatum will have a much greater effect on Inaros than Primed Vigour, trust me. I already have PV on him and it's the regular healing that keeps him alive, not the extra 500 Health.

Primed Vigor is actually a half-wasted slot on Inaros. It's much better on Mag or Zephyr or Harrow or really anything that actually has shields to boost, and even then most builds don't even need it because their abilities provide enough defense or CC to render it redundant. So stop using it as an example when I might actually be able get Inaros' EHP higher for a fraction of the cost with Armored Agility instead, if I even needed the boost at all, assuming both of us are already using Vitality+Steel Fiber.

Primed Fury, I'll argue, might actually be the best attack speed mod out there considering that it's faster than Fury (which is just okay), but not so fast that it screws up your combos (like Berserker), and it doesn't constantly ramp up and down (again like Berserker), but melee is a niche play style which you'll probably need to shell out actual plat for if RNGesus doesn't bless you with the big 2 Acolyte melee mods, a lucky visit from Baro, and/or Condition Overload, though Drifting Contact and the 60/60 mods are reasonably quick to grab. Having at least one uber mod that you get just for showing up is kinda neat.

But seriously, you're bellyaching over Primed Shred? Shred hasn't even been worth a mod slot on the one gun that actually needed it since the Opticor got its charge rate buff, and on literally everything but the Old Opticor, Shred was just gravy on top. Primed Shred is in much the same situation. For most weapons that you'd want the fire rate boost, the punch-through is either not worth the additional cost compared to a simple Speed Trigger (which also gives slightly more fire rate), especially on anything with innate punch-through, or flat out counter-productive in the case of Launchers and a few other miscellaneous weapons. If you're trying to use the punch-through to improve ammo economy, then the increased fire rate negates a fair bit of your gains, especially with the Primed version, when you could slot in Metal Auger for pretty much the same cost as Primed Shred and get more punch-through with less ammo spent on overkill.

Edited by Dreddeth
Typographical error.

10 minutes ago, Dreddeth said:

Primed Fury, I'll argue, might actually be the best attack speed mod out there considering that it's faster than Fury (which is just okay), but not so fast that it screws up your combos (like Berserker), and it doesn't constantly ramp up and down (again like Berserker), but melee is a niche play style which you'll probably need to shell out actual plat for if RNGesus doesn't bless you with the big 2 Acolyte melee mods, a lucky visit from Baro, and/or Condition Overload, though Drifting Contact and the 60/60 mods are reasonably quick to grab. Having at least one uber mod that you get just for showing up is kinda neat.

It is the best attack speed mod because it does all of that while also speeding up your stealth finishers which is a godsend to people like Covert Lethality Ivara

My 2 cents. Really doesn't bother me as I don't consider the login reward weapon mods advantage as anything significant especially with rivens being around. If I really needed those weapon stats I can just buy a riven which exceeds these mod stats. I like to collect mods and would love to have these mods but it will be very unfair to people who have logged on for years to get them to suddenly start giving away mods and weapons based on some another RNG. 

3 mods in question

• Primed Fury : Useful and will use it once I get it. But I can wait as never had any issue in killing till now. Just will do it faster
  • Primed Vigor : Don't have vigor in any of my builds so no use for me 
  • Primed Shred : I see no use for this as I don't have a place for it in any of my builds. 

So No I don't think this should be a thing in my opinion.  

14 minutes ago, Dreddeth said:

Primed Vigor is actually a half-wasted slot on Inaros. It's much better on Mag or Zephyr or Harrow or really anything that actually has shields to boost, and even then most builds don't even need it because their abilities provide enough defense or CC to render it redundant. So stop using it as an example when I might actually be able get Inaros' EHP higher for a fraction of the cost with Armored Agility instead, if I even needed the boost at all, assuming both of us are already using Vitality+Steel Fiber.

But seriously, you're bellyaching over Primed Shred? Shred hasn't even been worth a mod slot on the one gun that actually needed it since the Opticor got its charge rate buff, and on literally everything but the Old Opticor, Shred was just gravy on top. Primed Shred is in much the same situation. For most weapons that you'd want the fire rate boost, the punch-through is either not worth the additional cost compared to a simple Speed Trigger (which also gives slightly more fire rate), especially on anything with innate punch-through, or flat out counter-productive in the case of Launchers and a few other miscellaneous weapons. If you're trying to use the punch-through to improve ammo economy, then the increased fire rate negates a fair bit of your gains, especially with the Primed version, when you could slot in Metal Auger for pretty much the same cost as Primed Shred and get more punch-through with less ammo spent on overkill.

I see where your coming from, but I maximize health with him. Vitality, vigor, steel fiber, armored agility.

Edited by (PS4)CLASSIFIEDGTA

3 hours ago, Chipputer said:

Not a single one of the primed mods given out by log in rewards has changed builds enough to justify being upset about them. They aren't Primed Continuity.

Agreed. Sure there I have integrated Primed Fury into most of my melee weapons, Primed Vigor into my Wukong and I have a few weapons that do use Shred that I am excited to upgrade with a new primed mod, but that is only because I already used the base mods in those builds and decided to upgrade.

---

However I don't see the point behind this argument. You are getting a free Primed Mod just for logging in. It isn't like you have to pay Ducats or Plat for them. And as everyone else has stated these mods don't break builds, they simply improve builds that already use the unprimed versions of those mods.

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)RAG is NAROK said:

Agreed. Sure there I have integrated Primed Fury into most of my melee weapons, Primed Vigor into my Wukong and I have a few weapons that do use Shred that I am excited to upgrade with a new primed mod, but that is only because I already used the base mods in those builds and decided to upgrade.

---

However I don't see the point behind this argument. You are getting a free Primed Mod just for logging in. It isn't like you have to pay Ducats or Plat for them. And as everyone else has stated these mods don't break builds, they simply improve builds that already use the unprimed versions of those mods.

Well, in my opinion you should be able to get these through baro, or some other form of grinding.

27 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

They're both locked behind daily time walls and exclusive to a system in the game. Weapons sorta make sense since we have event weapons we cannot trade but Mods just don't make any sense to me. Esp when in those same events, we can trade the mods. There's a needless double standard going on here.

Actually, I heard it's because some people make multiple duplicate account and farmed those Mods for massive buck. Multi-account exploit is a ban-able offense here, after all. I suppose DE thought that monitoring millions of accounts one by one everyday is too much of hassle and just made them untradeable in the first place.

Just now, (PS4)CLASSIFIEDGTA said:

I see where your coming from, but I maximize health with him

Maximizing Effective Hit Points, often abbreviated EHP, by modding for health and armor, is more efficient use of mod slots and capacity. Armor's average damage reduction means that 3 points of armor is effectively 1 point of health in most circumstances. It is not DE's fault if your inefficient build requires the extra 500 flat health from Primed Vigor (and probably 2 Forma just to fit the damn thing in) to function to your satisfaction.

I would have agreed with you if not the simple fact that anyone having these mods makes no difference to you and how you play the game. Whether an Inaros teammate has an extra 500 HP or not, how does that affect you? The mods have no play in PvP. And Primed Vigor is so niche it's downright silly to complain about it. I found Primed Fury to be a better target for complain since this mod makes all of slow melee weapons more fun and useful (not to mention deadlier). But it's not like you won't ever find these mods or the RNG is against you. You're guaranteed to get one with enough daily logins. Rivens are more annoying to get than this.

So your complain is basically "I don't want to wait it out like everyone did". Patience is a virtue.

4 minutes ago, Dreddeth said:

Maximizing Effective Hit Points, often abbreviated EHP, by modding for health and armor, is more efficient use of mod slots and capacity. Armor's average damage reduction means that 3 points of armor is effectively 1 point of health in most circumstances. It is not DE's fault if your inefficient build requires the extra 500 flat health from Primed Vigor (and probably 2 Forma just to fit the damn thing in) to function to your satisfaction.

What!? I clearly stated I put steel fiber and armored agility ON MY BUILD. And I sometimes even put stand united on😑

22 minutes ago, WrathAscending said:

Arcane Grace or Arcane Ultimatum will have a much greater effect on Inaros than Primed Vigour, trust me. I already have PV on him and it's the regular healing that keeps him alive, not the extra 500 Health.

Inaros eHP Scarab Armor
200 * ( 1 + 1.1 + 1) = 620
620 / 920 = 0.6739 = 67.39% Damage reduction
4620 / (1 - 0.6739) = 14,168 eHP

Inaros eHP Scarab Armor + Ultimatum
200 * ( 1 + 1.1 + 1 + 0.6) = 740
740 / 1040 = 0.71154 = 71.12%
4620 / (1 - 0.71154) = 16,016 eHP

Inaros eHP Scarab Armor + P. Vigor
5830 / (1 - 0.6739) = 17,878 eHP

P. Vigor is the best thing Inaros can slot for survival past Vitality.

In my experience CC is what keeps Inaros alive. A higher eHP pool just keeps those one-shots away for a bit longer.

Just now, Xzorn said:

Inaros eHP Scarab Armor

In my experience CC is what keeps Inaros alive. A higher eHP pool just keeps those one-shots away for a bit longer.

Without shields, Arcane Grace is easy to trigger. Likewise, thanks to Pocket Sand and Covert Lethality it's very easy to keep Arcane Ultimatum up and running for a much higher EHP boost.

6 minutes ago, JalakBali said:

I would have agreed with you if not the simple fact that anyone having these mods makes no difference to you and how you play the game. Whether an Inaros teammate has an extra 500 HP or not, how does that affect you? The mods have no play in PvP. And Primed Vigor is so niche it's downright silly to complain about it. I found Primed Fury to be a better target for complain since this mod makes all of slow melee weapons more fun and useful (not to mention deadlier). But it's not like you won't ever find these mods or the RNG is against you. You're guaranteed to get one with enough daily logins. Rivens are more annoying to get than this.

So your complain is basically "I don't want to wait it out like everyone did". Patience is a virtue.

No, I clearly stated a tohusand times, I don't think primed mods should be time walled.

7 minutes ago, WrathAscending said:

Without shields, Arcane Grace is easy to trigger. Likewise, thanks to Pocket Sand and Covert Lethality it's very easy to keep Arcane Ultimatum up and running for a much higher EHP boost.

9 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Inaros eHP Scarab Armor

If you guys want, I can tell you what my setup is, but basically I bring a dagger with covert, I use first ability (wish regens 20% of my health when I do finishers, it opens them up to finishers) and I use shadostep and two trickery sets, since I'm always doing finishers, I'll proc them both, making me pretty much always invisible. And regening HP from finishers.

1 minute ago, WrathAscending said:

I just showed you that Ultimatum is not a higher eHP boost.....

Grace gives more eHP per second to Primed Vigor than it does Ultimatum since it's % based.

You would be better off running P.Vigor with Grace x2 esp when you can stab something for 20% Healing which again P.Vigor gives better return.

P. Vigor is the better pick for Inaros. It's an excellent pick for Nekros, Mesa, Trinity and Chroma as well.

It's hardly useless like players are saying is the point.

9 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Grace gives more eHP per second to Primed Vigor than it does Ultimatum since it's % based.

You would be better off running P.Vigor with Grace x2 esp when you can stab something for 20% Healing which again P.Vigor gives better return.

P. Vigor is the better pick for Inaros. It's an excellent pick for Nekros, Mesa, Trinity and Chroma as well.

It's hardly useless like players are saying is the point.

Yeah man, I don't understand why people say its bad, while im over here stuck with regual vigor.

But I usually run naramon,and trickery since I'm always doing finishers with first ability. I rarely take DMG, but if I need to take DMG, I can tank it. And p.vigor would increase my tanking capacities with inaros BY A LOT. I don't see why people disregard the mod as bad.

55 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Maxed Arcane Ultimatum is 100% chance of +60% armour on Finishers. Your calculations only run it once instead of twice and while I don't have a calculator to check the EHP boost from the armour bonus, rather than the Health bonus you seem to think it is, should have more of an effect than that. It's easy to get a hold of since it's a less-desirable Arcane, too.

@Classified, nobody's saying it's outright bad, just that it's not as useful as other mods could be in that slot. Primed Vigour has a lot of competition and even on Inaros there are easier ways to tank harder.

14 minutes ago, WrathAscending said:

Maxed Arcane Ultimatum is 100% chance of +60% armour on Finishers. Your calculations only run it once instead of twice and while I don't have a calculator to check the EHP boost from the armour bonus, rather than the Health bonus you seem to think it is, should have more of an effect than that. It's easy to get a hold of since it's a less-desirable Arcane, too.

@Classified, nobody's saying it's outright bad, just that it's not as useful as other mods could be in that slot. Primed Vigour has a lot of competition and even on Inaros there are easier ways to tank harder.

That's alright man, its all about how you like to build. I build for max health, and max armor. All health mods, and all armor mods, making me really tanky. Alongside rage, flow, and quick thinking is overkill, trust me.

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

Wait till they release Prime Azima 800 Prime Zenistar 1000 and Prime Zenith 1200 via log in lol:satisfied: the salt will flow :crylaugh:

I like using the three Sundial weapons, so I will be quite hyped if this happened.

No salt from me!