Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Login Reward Mods Are BS

(PSN)CLASSIFIEDGTA

9 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Well, every single one of us that have that mod had to wait and we did ok...I think you'll be ok too.

In fact, some of us had already played the game for well over 400 before being eligible for the reward. 

You're pretty much whining about doing the EXACT same thing we all had to do. 

And of it was my way, you never would have had to. It seems your more worried about this actually becoming a thing after you waited. Don't worry I'm 99.285% sure this won't happen.

1 minute ago, (PS4)CLASSIFIEDGTA said:

And of it was my way, you never would have had to. It seems your more worried about this actually becoming a thing after you waited. Don't worry I'm 99.285% sure this won't happen.

No, I'm laughing at your impatience.

I literally wouldn't care at all if DE decided to give those mods for free to everyone tomorrow. They're not that great.

Veterans had to invest time into areas of this game that newer players will invest very little if any. The grind changes and in case of long terms players we've had to invest in ever deviation of that grind, new players do not. I do not feel entitled like I deserve something a newer player doesn't but I also don't feel there's a reason the complain that someone who's invested over 4 years into this game actually has something a newer player doesn't. Esp when the playing field is more fair to them than it could have been.

I don't agree that these rewards cannot be traded however. This adds to the entitlement aspect that likely frustrates players. Warframe has always been a Don't like it then Buy it. type of market that I see no reason to change. If a player wants to sell their Primed Shred. Let them.

1 minute ago, Xzorn said:

Veterans had to invest time into areas of this game that newer players will invest very little if any. The grind changes and in case of long terms players we've had to invest in ever deviation of that grind, new players do not. I do not feel entitled like I deserve something a newer player doesn't but I also don't feel there's a reason the complain that someone who's invested over 4 years into this game actually has something a newer player doesn't. Esp when the playing field is more fair to them than it could have been.

I don't agree that these rewards cannot be traded however. This adds to the entitlement aspect that likely frustrates players. Warframe has always been a Don't like it then Buy it. type of market that I see no reason to change. If a player wants to sell their Primed Shred. Let them.

Exactly my point, I'd rather them not be time walled.

But honestly, I'd be willing to pay a good chunck of plat for some of these. BTW, I've been a member for almost three years, let's just say I have a lot of obstacles in my life( no, not physical or mental😂) but yeah, I don't really have it the easiest, I'll say that much.

6 minutes ago, blackheartstar_pc said:

Really need two if running with Helios/Deconstructor or their Primed variants.

Sentinels that aren't the Taxon are NOT allowed to use weapons lol.

Edited by Synpai

2 hours ago, Synpai said:

Sentinel's that aren't the Taxon are NOT allowed to use weapons lol.

Maybe not yours but all of mine are fully formaed up with their own second copies of damage and Primed mods on top of Rivens.  They are more effective than they are given credit for around here. Well except Deconstructor/Prime obviously. He needs a Primed Fury :(

Edited by blackheartstar_pc

2 minutes ago, blackheartstar_pc said:

They are more effective than they are given credit for around here.

Nobody appreciates the power of a Deconstructor/Prime headshot gas proc.

Or a crit-gas proc from a Vulkok aka The Pocket Lanka.

I'd be more worried about power differentials if the mods given for logging in were actually major improvements over what's available in the base game. Primed Fury is outdone by Berserker where it counts, Primed Vigour is arguably worse than Vigour in the one place you actually want to use it (Vex Chroma where it gives you almost exactly the right break points for buffs), and Primed Shred can be outdone by a mediocre Riven if you really had a gun that needed the help.

If mods like Primed Flow, Primed Continuity, Primed Pressure Point, Primed Point Blank, Primed Heated Charge, Primed Pistol Gambit, Primed Target Cracker and Primed Cryo Rounds were locked behind timewalls, then sure- those are pretty serious upgrades over the base models. But utility mods? I'm so unenthused by Primed Shred that I'd rather have an Orokin Reactor BP instead, and I have a ton of built reactors collecting space dust in my inventory as it is. It'll be about as useful to me in the long run, since the few weapons I run Shred on are so starved for capacity and the benefits of going back and dropping another Forma on them are low.

9 minutes ago, WrathAscending said:

I'd be more worried about power differentials if the mods given for logging in were actually major improvements over what's available in the base game. Primed Fury is outdone by Berserker where it counts, Primed Vigour is arguably worse than Vigour in the one place you actually want to use it (Vex Chroma where it gives you almost exactly the right break points for buffs), and Primed Shred can be outdone by a mediocre Riven if you really had a gun that needed the help.

If mods like Primed Flow, Primed Continuity, Primed Pressure Point, Primed Point Blank, Primed Heated Charge, Primed Pistol Gambit, Primed Target Cracker and Primed Cryo Rounds were locked behind timewalls, then sure- those are pretty serious upgrades over the base models. But utility mods? I'm so unenthused by Primed Shred that I'd rather have an Orokin Reactor BP instead, and I have a ton of built reactors collecting space dust in my inventory as it is. It'll be about as useful to me in the long run, since the few weapons I run Shred on are so starved for capacity and the benefits of going back and dropping another Forma on them are low.

Primed vigor makes a big difference on inaros, with vitality and primed vigor you get like 500 more HP than vitality and regular vigor. I have a REALLY  good build on inaros, and it would only be better if I had it, one day I guess😢

36 minutes ago, blackheartstar_pc said:

Maybe not yours but all of mine are fully formaed up with their own second copies of damage and Primed mods on top of Rivens.  They are more effective than they are given credit for around here.

I'm aware of their strength, but between mod conflicts as you've discussed and radiation: Mine are forever grounded from pew pews.

Back on topic, let's just be glad that for one, you don't lose all your days for missing time and two you CAN still get them. Most games of this nature have no catch up log-in mechanics at all, if you missed it, you absolutely missed it because login rewards only last for X amount of days then get replaced.

I reiterate that if you could just buy these things or that they didnt exist/had little to no value then people would barely log in actively, just wait and buy it. 

Congratulations, you've logged in for 1000 days, the player that just started yesterday picked up a card, typed in numbers and now has things that you have for logging in for 1000 days. I'm all for catching up and equality, but this is not that. Now only being able to get one of the mod...we don't know that to be permanent, in fact it's possible they move to the platinum purchase rewards after a while. But I think its current state is likely as good as it's going to get, because all you have to do "...is do what we've done..." which is about as "fair" as an idea as I've seen.....so far...

But again these mods are good, but not THAAAT good.

21 minutes ago, (PS4)CLASSIFIEDGTA said:

Primed vigor makes a big difference on inaros, with vitality and primed vigor you get like 500 more HP than vitality and regular vigor. I have a REALLY  good build on inaros, and it would only be better if I had it, one day I guess😢

For "arguments" sake, I'd like to see your theoretical Inaros build that uses Primed Vigor, cause sure I could throw out base values and talk about Valkytty + primed vigor but pretty much any mod I give up is significantly more worth than the bonus health.

1 hour ago, Xzorn said:

I don't agree that these rewards cannot be traded.

Think they had problems in the past with exclusive mods being trad-able is why. 

Edited by Synpai

a lot has been said in this thread and i have not read every single post all the way through 

but i will just say this, my bad if this is an echo {but if it is, then here's just another agreement}

basically i dont have a problem with the login rewards 'in theory' ... ie free stuff for coming back on a regular basis ... but ... in practice they do leave a lot to be desired

and fundamentally having some significant stats/mods behind 600+ day time-walls is VERY off-putting to say the least, especially to newer players 

IMHO DE basically just made all of the same mistakes they were trying to fix when they re-did the login rewards 

personally i would have login rewards ONLY give unique COSMETIC rewards every 100 days [ie put all those primed mods into baro's rotation or whatevs, and instead the login rewards could be skins/armor/scarves/whatevs], then potentially a tater/tomato/slot every in between 50, then have the daily rewards basically being the same as they are, except give cryo in 1-3k chunks and give rares in 3s instead of singles {srsly all of us vets just laugh when we login and get 1 tellurium or an O-cell, srsly? i have hundreds/thousands of these things and ZERO use for them, id rather get syndicate medals, at least they will always be consistently useful}

anyways, thats my 42 cents

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

7 minutes ago, Synpai said:

I'm aware of their strength, but between mod conflicts as you've discussed and radiation: Mine are forever grounded from pew pews.

Back on topic, let's just be glad that for one, you don't lose all your days for missing time and two you CAN still get them. Most games of this nature have no catch up log-in mechanics at all, if you missed it, you absolutely missed it because login rewards only last for X amount of days then get replaced.

I reiterate that if you could just buy these things or that they didnt exist/had little to no value then people would barely log in actively, just wait and buy it. 

Congratulations, you've logged in for 1000 days, the player that just started yesterday picked up a card, typed in numbers and now has things that you have for logging in for 1000 days. I'm all for catching up and equality, but this is not that. Now only being able to get one of the mod...we don't know that to be permanent, in fact it's possible they move to the platinum purchase rewards after a while. But I think its current state is likely as good as it's going to get, because all you have to do "...is do what we've done..." which is about as "fair" as an idea as I've seen.....so far...

But again these mods are good, but not THAAAT good.

For "arguments" sake, I'd like to see your theoretical Inaros build that uses Primed Vigor, cause sure I could throw out base values and talk about Valkytty + primed vigor but pretty much any mod I give up is significantly more worth than the bonus health.

Well, its not like a new player would get these, like primed flow, I think I got that at like MR 13.

Imma go on WF builder and see if I can show you the build, you can get 5960 health if you have physique on AF builder, but for 

Some reason the site has physique at 5%aura straight when its really around 18% more health, so you can get over 6k health.

4 minutes ago, CY13ERPUNK said:

a lot has been said in this thread and i have not read every single post all the way through 

but i will just say this, my bad if this is an echo {but if it is, then here's just another agreement}

basically i dont have a problem with the login rewards 'in theory' ... ie free stuff for coming back on a regular basis ... but ... in practice they do leave a lot to be desired

and fundamentally having some significant stats/mods behind 600+ day time-walls is VERY off-putting to say the least, especially to newer players 

IMHO DE basically just made all of the same mistakes they were trying to fix when they re-did the login rewards 

personally i would have login rewards ONLY give unique COSMETIC rewards every 100 days [ie put all those primed mods into baro's rotation or whatevs, and instead the login rewards could be skins/armor/scarves/whatevs], then potentially a tater/tomato/slot every in between 50, then have the daily rewards basically being the same as they are, except give cryo in 1-3k chunks and give rares in 3s instead of singles {srsly all of us vets just laugh when we login and get 1 tellurium or an O-cell, srsly? i have hundreds/thousands of these things and ZERO use for them, id rather get syndicate medals, at least they will always be consistently useful}

anyways, thats my 42 cents

See,,that's exactly my point, I think having objectively better mods is stupid. I should be able to grind for the mod, IN ACTUAL  gameplay and earn it. Instead, all that insentivises players to do is login for 1min, and leave, like a couple of the replies say they do. ACTUALLY GRINDER FOR THEM, should reward with better upgrades. I have no problem with them getting exclusive armor/loot for playing everyday (or let's be real, for them logging in for 1min) but I don't think putting primed mods behind time walls is good.

50 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

Nobody appreciates the power of a Deconstructor/Prime headshot gas proc.

Or a crit-gas proc from a Vulkok aka The Pocket Lanka.

That would be because most just don't realize the power of gas damage and how it works.  I got almost all of my weapons tricked out with gas.  Especially the slash damage weapons.  Hehe

Edit:  I just realized how close that first sentence was to what Darth Vader said.  Lol

Edited by DatDarkOne

Just now, DatDarkOne said:

That would be because most just don't realize the power of gas damage and how it works.  I got almost all of my weapons tricked out with gas.  Especially the slash damage weapons.  Hehe

My Gas Daikyu is probably my favorite primary right now.

Gas 4 lyfe

3 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Edit:  I just realized how close that first sentence was to what Darth Vader said.  Lol

Yeah, I use either gas,viral, or slash on pretty much all my weapons.

Viral, slash is one hell of a combo.

22 minutes ago, Synpai said:

Outside exploits I don't see any serious issues with it.

Being unable to trade Login mods is akin to not being able to trade Arcanes.

They're both locked behind daily time walls and exclusive to a system in the game. Weapons sorta make sense since we have event weapons we cannot trade but Mods just don't make any sense to me. Esp when in those same events, we can trade the mods. There's a needless double standard going on here.