Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My clan has been stolen

VoidHealer97

Question

Hi all, I was the admin of a low tier clan, after a year of inactivity I can now play Warframe again but when I logged in I saw that a player that once was only a recruit in now the admin and I'm no more in my clan. I would have asked him why is this happened but the problem is that he's offline from a month.

The reason why I'm here instead of creating another clan is that I've spent tons of resources, hours and plat in it, all the research were completed too. What can I do? How can I have my clan back?

P.s. sorry for my bad english

17 answers to this question

EDIT 2: According to other players, contacting support will give you back ownership IF you were the previous owner.

Unfortunately, you or DE cannot really do anything in this situation. If you are the creator of the clan, you gave ownership to another player and forgot OR If you were just an 'admin' the owner promoted another player who then proceeded to kick you for being inactive for 100+ days (which is reasonable imo). Your only hope is to get in touch with someone in the clan with invite permissions to get you back in, or simply find a new clan with everything already done.

EDIT: Also your clan was likely NOT stolen (unless someone hacked the game), if you give ownership/permissions to another player you are responsible for their actions, be it kicking everyone or just you. NEVER give anyone more power than you in your own clan unless you keep in touch outside of the game to make it clear you will come back OR if you have no interest in the clan/game anymore

Edited by More-L
Stuff

It is likely that after being inactive, the recruit contacted support to tranfer the ownership to himself, support confirmed that you weren't playing and made the change.

What did you expect, if you didn't care about your clan, someone else decided to replace you.

12 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

It is likely that after being inactive, the recruit contacted support to tranfer the ownership to himself, support confirmed that you weren't playing and made the change.

What did you expect, if you didn't care about your clan, someone else decided to replace you.

While I'm not saying this didn't happen, I don't think DE would transfer ownership of a clan someone created to another player simply because they were inactive. At most, a player could request to be given admin permissions so as to manage the clan in the warlords absence but I still doubt that would happen. Clans are owned by players (I know DE owns the game) and are designed to be managed by players, not DE.

Edited by More-L
t for s

17 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Yeah players can contact support after 30 days of inactivity iirc and 'take control' of the clan.

^this

Had the same issue too when your clan founder was offline for over 200 days and I asked support to move his founder state towards me. What you have to do is, write a support ticket. They will put you back in "your" clan and give you the ownership for sure.

Edited by (PS4)eSportsManiac
spelling

6 minutes ago, (PS4)eSportsManiac said:

^this

Had the same issue too when your clan founder was offline for over 200 days and I asked support to move his founder state towards me. What you have to do is, write a support ticket. They will put you back in "your" clan and give you the ofnership for sure.

The fact this is even a thing makes me glad I never started my own clan. I would (sort of) understand giving the highest perms to the player contacting support about inactive clan leader, but giving them ownership of the clan completely so they can kick the previous, inactive owner who created the clan and may have contributed 100% of the resources to the clan? I don't care if they will give you back ownership when you contact support, this is just stupid. Co-owner at best, nothing more.

Edited by More-L

8 minutes ago, More-L said:

The fact this is even a thing makes me glad I never started my own clan. I would (sort of) understand giving the highest perms to the player contacting support about inactive clan leader, but giving them ownership of the clan completely so they can kick the previous, inactive owner who created the clan and may have contributed 100% of the resources to the clan? I don't care if they will give you back ownership when you contact support, this is just stupid. Co-owner at best, nothing more.

IMO if you abandon your clan, then you deserve to be stripped of your warlord status. Who wants to have a "corpse" as the clan leader? You could at least stay in touch with your clan and log in once a month to keep your offline counter under 30 days. 

8 minutes ago, Suncake said:

IMO if you abandon your clan, then you deserve to be stripped of your warlord status. Who wants to have a "corpse" as the clan leader? You could at least stay in touch with your clan and log in once a month to keep your offline counter under 30 days. 

I am kind of this way inclined.

Also, what's to stop the original clan leader returning and then angrily booting out the clan leader who took control, who may have put a lot more time and resources than the original into developing the clan further when they disappeared without notice? Equally as unfair.

Edited by Valiant

Think about those that were left in the clan:

I met a few people where the warlord of the clan was inactive. Clan members invested time and resources of the clan and did not want the clan to die off. Without a warlord they cannot not decrease or increase the clan rank or build new rooms. For those lost souls DE support promotes whoever want to take responsibility to the rank of warlord. 

Honestly....for as long as clans have been a thing in warframe, it should have come a lot further than what it is now. I've been in a similar situation, where I did not have a playstation for almost 2 years. Granted, I've kept in touch with my clan and appointed ppl to take over in my absence, but this should already be something instated into the ranking system. Currently the ranking system in the game is meaningless. It holds no value. What reason do clan members have to rank up in their clan? I'm not for Co-ownership unless that is what the original members agreed upon, however, I am for someone being assigned by the founder or DE(if founder is absentee for X amount of time) as the "Acting Warlord." There should be a process as to these proceedings. No Clan should be left without a attentive warlord and no warlord should have his clan usurped.

Some games have this feature in game to take over a guild/clan when the leader is inactive for extended period of time and that is for good.

If the leader didn't care to properly extend privileges to officers (if any) and just disappeared then it is for good for his people to not waste any contribution they did and leave.

In worst case scenario they are stuck in a clan without any new research (all archwings, many weapons, dragon keys), rooms (barracks) or decorations (ascension altar). Why should they start over? It was also their clan!

He was just a recruit, I was the founder not only an admin sorry; I saw the clan state from a friend account that it's still in the clan and nothing changed, not even a research. I haven't played because my PC has become incompatible with Warframe and now I started playing again with a new computer. So you think that if I open a support ticket they can give the clan back to me? Because as I said before he's the only warlord/admin right now and he's offline for 30 days so I can't contact him at all even to be invited in "my" clan again

2 minutes ago, VoidHealer97 said:

He was just a recruit, I was the founder not only an admin sorry; I saw the clan state from a friend account that it's still in the clan and nothing changed, not even a research. I haven't played because my PC has become incompatible with Warframe and now I started playing again with a new computer. So you think that if I open a support ticket they can give the clan back to me? Because as I said before he's the only warlord/admin right now and he's offline for 30 days so I can't contact him at all even to be invited in "my" clan again

The best thing for you to do is to make a support ticket explaining your situation. It will either be a yes or a no. These things happen and cannot always be avoided despite what anyone may think in their opinion.

Personally if you left your clan to rot you do not deserve to be the leader of it. I mean what's different now? You could leave the game again after you get bored or something and again the clan mates would have to suffer. Even with a real life problem it should not take more than 30 days to solve it. ( or even if its more than 30 days you can spare 5 minutes to login from time to time to research or start a research )

Not judging you in any way but as a clan leader you need to be a example and take care of the clan ( at least every 2 weeks ) .

Edited by InnocenceProvesNothing

7 hours ago, Suncake said:

05ZdyFY.jpg