Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operator Upgrade

The open world update coming sometime before the end of the year is directly addressing this, according to the developers. Not only are we going to be able to fight better as our Operator, but we're also supposed to be able to forge equipment for them and even change the functionality of our Void Beam.

2 hours ago, Chipputer said:

The open world update coming sometime before the end of the year is directly addressing this, according to the developers. Not only are we going to be able to fight better as our Operator, but we're also supposed to be able to forge equipment for them and even change the functionality of our Void Beam.

Hoping for an Operator Void Blade.

4 minutes ago, -YoRHa- said:

Hoping for an Operator Void Blade.

That would be sweet, but there are things which I really hope come with any such upgrade:

- Updated and improved Operator movements and animations. Right now, Operators are slow, unwieldy, and wooden, and they apparently have to use Void energy to crouch. DE went out of their way to remove the ability of Operators to perform Nartas, which were super cool. If they want Operators to be able to fight, they need to actually animate them being able to move and fight.

- Also, by the time Plains of Eidolon comes out it will have been two years since the Second Dream. Seriously, DE. It's time to update the Operator dialogue options. You know it is. You've seen the amount of feedback on the issue. There are a bunch of ways in which you could make things better. Please just work on this.

At first I didn't even care about their "skills" because... well... we've been asleep for, what, over 1000 years? I wouldn't be able to move at all after that time. (That is, if it was even possible to stay alive for that long). But we've been awake for some time now. And we're not piloting our Warframes 24/7, so I do expect my operator to do SOME workout at least. Hell, just walking around the ship while not on missions would be enough for a start...

But if the rumors are true that we will someday get more options to customize our Operator, I really hope that SOMEDAY I'd be able to give my Operator a damn gun.

In fact, I have multiple ideas for things I would like to see for Operators:

- First of all, better combat mechanic. Let's face it. Unlike the Warframes, Tenno/Humans/WhateverTheHellYouWantItToBe have no shields and low health. We can`t take a bullet to the face like it's nothing (Or...sensors? Far as I know Warframes have no eyes, lol). So I think we need something like a cover system like the NPCs use it, or equip some armor or something. After all, I'm quite sure getting hit by a bullet or high powered laser beam is a little more deadly than a paper cut. And again, unlike our Warframes we're not glorified terminators. We're fragile little humans. We're weak.

-Make Operators older. Or at least give us the option. While I personally don't mind being a (technically pretty damn old, like 1000+ years) child, I would like to make my character look a little more gown up. I'm not asking for a detailed system like in Black Desert Online where you can change the size of arms, legs, butt, chest, head, eyes, and so on. Just...allow me look like I'm actually ~16-19 years old.

-More (and "casual") clothing. I don't mind the uniform we got, but come on. There are humans out there. Like in Plains of Eidolon. And probably there are leftovers from the humans before Earth went down the drain. Can't I just get... like... new pants? A T-Shirt? Tanktop? ANYTHING?

-More voices. The voices we got aren't THAT bad, but please. We got 2 voices for each gender. Now, while I only used the female voices so far because...well...my operator is female (duh), they get "boring". One sounds like I'm ~13 years old and the other is like.. I don't even know how to call it.

-Interaction with other operators. We got that handshake emote we can use to interact with other player's Warframes. Why not allow our Operators to meet people? I imagine life on our ship to be pretty damn lonely.

-And for the love of everything that is holy, give us normal hairstyles. I'm not asking for fancy Anime Hairstyles here, just...give me something else than "punk" and "biker chick on LSD".

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 6:14 PM, (PS4)Owwly said:

I totally agree.

I felt like a kid with an edgy flashlight against a horde of angry mothers on a black Friday Sale.

This is so funny and true.  Thank you for this.

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 6:15 PM, (PS4)abbacephas said:

A larger health pool and the ability to run faster and roll would have been an asset.

With just those little changes, I would be extremely happy with my Operator.  :D