Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update Failed! Some content could not be downloaded from our servers! Please restart the launcher and hope it actually works! (It wont.)

EmberStar

2 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

As far as I know, this has been a recurring issue for quite some time.  Some people get it nearly every update, some get it once or twice a year, some people have never seen it (and a few even accuse anyone complaining about it of being too stupid and that it's somehow their fault.  Not in this thread, but I've seen it when I tried searching for solutions.  IE, the good old "It can't be a problem because it's not a problem for me, personally" crowd.)

Part of the problem seems to be, that there may actually be multiple problems causing it.  And they're all just triggering the same "so generic it's useless" error message.  Which might be why some people need to install a VPN, some people need to KILL their VPN, and some people have to delete the game and force it to reinstall from scratch, and some people can do all those things and still get the error.

So is there no fix to this? cuz i really need to get on and it isnt working, does waiting help? for DE to fix it?

Untitled_zpsnwgbomhy.png

If anyone still has an issue, this was what i did -> while loading the update, click on the top right settings button, and click both the verify cache then optimize cache, if that doesn't work the go to where you place your steam file and search for Warframe, go and find the cache file and control + A then delete everything and then go open up warframe,  then let in reinstall the cache then ta dah, its fixed.

Right.  And that last part, where you delete everything in the cache folder?  That's the "nuke it from orbit and reinstall" option.  Ta dah, you get to download about 20GB of files, and *maybe* it's fixed.  I've had that *NOT* clear the error before.  Like I said, I ended up missing some of the events because I was locked out of Warframe for *months* because of this problem, and at that point even deleting the game, deleting every folder related to it, and reinstalling it from scratch didn't fix it.  It only started working when I actually bought an entirely new computer and freshly installed the game.  (I was buying the new computer anyway, not just to fix Warframe.)

4 hours ago, kcwoo said:

Got it to work again. 

Download ' Hotspot Shield '. Install. Launch it. Make sure its Connected. Launch Warframe. It'll load the 6KB update. Then it goes straight to Play. Update successful. It just needed to load that 6KB. Close warframe. Disconnect Hotspot shield. Uninstall it. Launch warframe again. Play! Enjoy

This worked for me, Thanks you the real MVP

Have the same problem here too. A friend of mine is also experiencing this problem and that's how I noticed this problem. Restarted everything, nothing seems to work. I am very confident my internet connection is fine.

1 hour ago, CowDung said:

oh and the last time i did the nuke method(delete cache)... and this time ima just wait abit if theres any better suggestions...

i just nuke it (delete cache), and it works fine. i'm not really bother as long as it works and since my bandwidth is unlimited.
playing now. all good.

Literally just grabbed a random proxy IP and port. That's all it took to get past that 6kb download, whatever the eff that is.

EDIT: For clarification: I just used Windows' proxy feature, googled a list of proxy servers, picked one (US IP), copy the IP and port, click save, run launcher, done.

Edited by Shion963

Well, good for you if a proxy server or VPN works.  Picking a proxy server doesn't do anything for me.  And after letting it download all night, neither did nuking the files.  So I just downloaded the ENTIRE GAME, and it still chokes to death on the last tiny bit.  Lovely.

Seeing as I have NO OTHER CHOICE, I guess I'll be playing something else for the forseeable future.  Good luck to everyone, maybe DE will actually bother at some point to try to figure out what is going on here, and why some people can fix it so easily while for others it persists through even reinstalling the game.

Happened to me with the CoH. Had to nuke the files and wait 2 weeks to play the game again. And yesterday I was seeing bytes. bytes. Not even a kilobyte. And that was only happening with WF launcher. I could watch or download anything with decent speed without any problem.

And I probably will not be able to play it again because I keep getting errors. And there is no real fix for this. This might be the last week I can play Warframe before leaving for a year, and I can't even do that. I am getting errors, that will probably corrupt data (this happened before) so I will need to nuke the game again. 

49 minutes ago, Shion963 said:

Literally just grabbed a random proxy IP and port. That's all it took to get past that 6kb download, whatever the eff that is.

EDIT: For clarification: I just used Windows' proxy feature, googled a list of proxy servers, picked one, copy the IP and port, click save, run launcher, done.

I Tried his method and it work for me

12 minutes ago, Granas.Onixies5 said:

I Tried his method and it work for me

28 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

Well, good for you if a proxy server or VPN works.  Picking a proxy server doesn't do anything for me.

Sigh, still hit-and-miss. I hope they really pin down the source of this issue.

When I went to bed last night, I deleted the cache and let it download the entire game.  Again.  And this time it worked, wooha.  Until they patch the game again and it randomly breaks for no obvious reason.  Again.

8 hours ago, FireSegment said:

just saying, but it was a server side problem, nothing u can do in u comp could "fix" it, u would be able to download normally if u didn't try all these thing.

Maybe in some cases.  When it's happened to me previously, it will persist until I find a way to fix it.  In the one case, nothing fixed it and I was unable to play for months.  I'm reasonably sure that other people *were* playing during that time (someone would have noticed otherwise) so no, it's not a server side issue.  Not specifically, anyway.

4 hours ago, kyori said:

There is no news on this update failed thing from DE?

I think the last hotfix was specifically to address whatever was causing it for most players. Since there appears to be multiple causes it may or may not have fixed whatever is going wrong for you personally.