Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New feature for Plains of Eidolon? Option To Trade One Resource For Another

TaintedReality

Forgive me if this has been brought up before but it would be great if we had the option to trade a resource for another.

MR, 22 and currently I have about 4,116,053 Nano Spores and 1,189,529 Alloy Plates. As much as I like hoarding my stuff, wouldn't it be great If I could trade about 20,000 of those Nano Spores or 30,000 of those Alloy Plates for an Argon Crystal or Tellurium. It would allow us to get rid of the stockpiles of resources we have and get rarer ones with more ease. This can of course, only happen if you have that many resources to spare.

This could be a new feature for Cetus. There could be an NPC that offers to take multiples of one resource for another rarer resource. Just an idea.

Edited by TaintedReality
Typoooo

I don't think this is a good idea..

why would someone farm Tellurium when they can just farm alloy plates and trade them for Tellurium?

the thing about alloy plates or nano spores in my opinion..
yes it's just sitting there in your inventory, but it's not like it's actually taking up any space.
in my opinion there's no harm in having a massive stockpile of something if it's not in the way

there will come a day when you'll need your massive stockpile and you'd be sad if you sold or traded all of it

Edited by BaIthazar

5 minutes ago, BaIthazar said:

why would someone farm Tellurium when they can just farm alloy plates and trade them for Tellurium?

Because you need for example 300 000 alloy plate and 20 000 cretis for 2 or 5 tellurium. And when you look in the end you farm and farm and ita all the same. What is good on this that you can spend resource on some thing that you need the most.

Edited by Vlada91

5 minutes ago, BaIthazar said:

Because you need for example 300 000 alloy plate and 20 000 cretis for 2 or 5 tellurium. And when you look in the end you farm and farm and ita all the same. What is good on this that you can spend resource on some thing that you need the most.

Edited by Vlada91

I'm of the same advice as Balthazar, if we have so much resource to begin with, it's because they're not hard to get.

I wouldn't ever need to farm any rare resource ever again if I could just throw a million Alloy plates onto the nearest NPC and call it a day.

You could get 40 argon crystal with that amount, when was the last time you used more than 3 argon crystal in a month?
Another month of intensive playing and you'll have another million or two that can be wasted in an large amount of rare resources again.

Edited by (PS4)XxDarkyanxX

It would allow the option for people to develop unfair prices for common resources, which ultimately preys on people who are just starting the game and are vulnerable to the demands of the free market. I vote that this is a terrible idea and wouldn't benefit anyone.

2 minutes ago, Telluric said:

It would allow the option for people to develop unfair prices for common resources, which ultimately preys on people who are just starting the game and are vulnerable to the demands of the free market. I vote that this is a terrible idea and wouldn't benefit anyone.

People? The NPC would have fixed prices on resource. NPC's can't prey on people. lol

14 minutes ago, Vlada91 said:

it's not about the amount.
it's about ease of obtaining it.
again: Why farm rare resources when you can more easily farm larger quantities of common drops and trade them?

let's imagine I finally got the Oberon Prime Systems, the last part I needed.
but I am 2 Argon Crystals short (as stockpiling those is useless)
why bother going to the void and actually playing the game, when I can go to Cetus and chuck a million alloy plates at some NPC and get 2 argon crystal for almost zero effort

Edited by BaIthazar

13 minutes ago, BaIthazar said:

it's not about the amount.
it's about ease of obtaining it.
again: Why farm rare resources when you can more easily farm larger quantities of common drops and trade them?

why bother going to the void and actually playing the game, when I can go to Cetus and chuck a million alloy plates at some NPC and get 2 argon crystal for almost zero effort

Its not zero for some 1 who dont ha e that much alloy plate and he dont have unlock planet to farm argon or plastids. It a litle hellp for nube players and all this can have balans....

-Trading resources.
-Via NPCs.

No, this will incite an increased level of laziness and lack of exploring and accessing other tilesets, resulting in a lack of variety in the mods you get, resulting in lower XP incomes and far fewer people completing The Second Dream and/or The War Within because the resource you get from Siphons would then be obtainable by tossing away all your resources.

This would make ridiculously-rolled-yet-perfect Rivens too common, meaning even higher prices for a mod that might not actually be as useful as it says.

While I like the idea, this may not be the game for it.

However, the system can be adapted to transmute Sortie Rewards into 'Sortie Tokens' which can then be used to obtain things (with Rivens and Legendary Core being the most expensive) that never drop.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

You could get 40 argon crystal with that amount, when was the last time you used more than 3 argon crystal in a month?
Another month of intensive playing and you'll have another million or two that can be wasted in an large amount of rare resources again.

Fair point but then again, the amount of resources I stated that would be needed to trade for another is just an example. It can always be put higher.

My thing is that it would always be cool to have multiple ways to get something. Say you're in a time crunch and you need 6 argon crystals asap (And I used 5 argon crystals couple days ago to answer that question you asked). You don't have the time to farm the resources so you go to the NPC and trade for it. You have to be smart on how you trade because you could end up trading for one thing and finish that stack of resources that you might need at another point.

Or or or, there could be a limit to how many rare resources you can get at a certain point of time and how many resources you can trade. Typing this reminds me of Minecraft lol where you can trade things to villagers but after a certain amount the villagers dont want that resource any more.

Or omg it could be something like a Darvo Deal where for this limited time you can trade this resource for another and it's a new deal each week or two weeks or something like that. There are really a lot of possibilities to this idea. It doesn't necessarily have to go exactly how I put it.

1 minute ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

However, the system can be adapted to transmute Sortie Rewards into 'Sortie Tokens' which can then be used to obtain things (with Rivens and Legendary Core being the most expensive) that never drop.

Haha I like this. But of course, the idea doesn't have to go exactly how I stated it. I know it can definitely work since it does happen in other games. It would just need to be tweaked to work to everyone's benefit.

33 minutes ago, BaIthazar said:

Well I mean, although the alloy plates are rather easy to get, it still requires you playing the game in order to get them, no? That's not zero effort.

And even if you have them already and you continuously trade them for argon crystals, in the future, after you've traded a significant amount of your alloy plates, you would still need to put out some level of effort to obtain both resources .

8 minutes ago, TaintedReality said:

Well I mean, although the alloy plates are rather easy to get, it still requires you playing the game in order to get them, no? That's not zero effort.

And even if you have them already and you continuously trade them for argon crystals, in the future, after you've traded a significant amount of your alloy plates, you would still need to put out some level of effort to obtain both resources .

Argon Crystals aren't that hard to find.
the only reason people have to go on argon hunts is because you can't stockpile them.

farming resources is an integral part of Warframe.
doing harder missions to get the harder to obtain resources and items.

with trading easy to obtain resources for rare resources a lot of people wouldn't have any reason to leave the lower level planets.

"I don't like Jupiter, i'll just go to Venus and farm Alloy Plates to trade for Neural Sensors"

you call this an alternate method of gathering resources.. I don't know what i'd call this, but I know I wouldn't call it a good direction for Warframe to take

Edited by BaIthazar

45 minutes ago, TaintedReality said:

Haha I like this. But of course, the idea doesn't have to go exactly how I stated it. I know it can definitely work since it does happen in other games. It would just need to be tweaked to work to everyone's benefit.

This system needs to be limited to very specific resources then if it's going to work (i.e: Tellurium to Argon Crystal for 10 Ducats and 10 Void traces). As I said, it would be far easier to forgo this unfitting concept and find a better application for it, such as a commonly suggested Sortie Token system.

Otherwise, it could be another Baro-like figure,

Spoiler

who is a decrepit (old, poorly maintained) self-aware Inaros who has a thing (for Baro cosmetics; he is fully equipped with Ki'teer cosmetics for everything, and) for trading resources, relics, Void Traces, for seemingly unimportant things such as a Lato Vandal or pre-levelled Point Strike

, who visits once weekly.

Edited by Koldraxon-732
Inaros Ki'teer who trades random junk for equally random, not-so-junk.