Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fix the windows on Corpus ships

Aphyxia0

I've had it with the glass breaking in Corpus ships every time I decide to spin attack or use an AoE weapon.

First of all, glass is not a material spaceship windows would be made of.

Second, the glass sure as hell wouldn't be about as tough as a Soviet-made thin fragile glass that would break by a bird flying into it.

I will make it my mission to destroy every window and not hack the console on every corpus mission. I do this not out of spite since this is apparently fun and cool and I'm sure other players will love dealing with the situation.

Edited by Aphyxia0

4 minutes ago, Aphyxia0 said:

as tough as a Soviet-made this fragile

HEY! Russian glass is stronk!

On the topic, yeah, it's annoying and serves pretty much no purpose but to slow the players down catching them off guard.

Edited by AperoBeltaTwo

So am I getting this right? You've had it with breaking the glass in corpus ships, because you use spin attacks and aoe weapons all the time in those areas and want them fixed, but if they won't become unbreakable, you're going to rampage breaking them like a protestor?

1 minute ago, Alcatraz said:

So am I getting this right? You've had it with breaking the glass in corpus ships, because you use spin attacks and aoe weapons all the time in those areas and want them fixed, but if they won't become unbreakable, you're going to rampage breaking them like a protestor?

Sometimes you gotta protest to get silly "Extremely Trollable" problem fixed.

It's an environmental hazard. You can't just play a game without having some of these in every environment. That would get really boring. In fact, we need more environmental hazards in other tilesets.

These are just observation windows on corpus ships that your strong tenno weapons easily break. It should actually suck enemies and loot out into space, but these windows are as old as the game.

It's really not that big of a deal to to use some caution in these rooms is it? Or bring ciphers and quickly slam down the blast shields.

I didn't say they were fun so let me rephrase a little. They are a necessary evil. I don't like ice barrels but if you learn to live with them, you won't get frozen. If you learn some self control you won't break all of the windows out of a place.

Fact: Life is full of consequences. Video games are imitations of life right? Why don't video games have consequences too? If you didn't have consequences for doing things in the game, why would you play at all? I mean if you remove everything wrong and leave it so you can only do everything right, wouldn't that get boring?

26 minutes ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

HEY! Russian glass is stronk!

Yep. Soviet glass is brittle, not fragile.
It has lasted for over 80 years. Soviet faceted glass is known to break tables of solid oak when slammed against them and make dents in concrete walls when thrown. It rarely shatters. In Soviet Russia, glass breaks you.

But I agree, Corpus windows are needlessly annoying.

Now that I think of it, the only thing that could reliably break Soviet glass is... Soviet brick.

Edited by LABAL

23 minutes ago, Alcatraz said:

It should actually suck enemies and loot out into space, but these windows are as old as the game.

Ah! Perfect! That would make my Glass Breaking Tolling even MORE of an annoyance to all parties involved, as I flush away their kills AND Loot in one, tiny little Lato bullet, move.

45 minutes ago, Alcatraz said:

It's an environmental hazard. You can't just play a game without having some of these in every environment. That would get really boring. In fact, we need more environmental hazards in other tilesets.

It's really not that big of a deal to to use some caution in these rooms is it? Or bring ciphers and quickly slam down the blast shields.

I kinda disagree. Caution often isn't possible. Syndicate procs that randomly make them explode, or if there are many spawns am I supposed not to defend myself? Or the door opens and there are like five enemies that you cannot even see what room is coming next..... boom lockdown...I personally don't find it entertaining that I get randomly locked out/in without even the possibility to be careful. Sometimes is possible but many times it isn't. It shouldn't break with syndacate procs and it should be able to take some hits at least to give you the time when you actually enter the room to realize that there is glass...

21 minutes ago, Aphyxia0 said:

It is a big deal and I don't care about the DE fanboy opinion that all the environmental dangers are good and fun like the ice barrels. It's tiresome and agitating.

Now that's a convenient stance to take.  "I am totally right.  Anyone who disagrees or downplays this is a fanboy whose opinion isn't important!"

I too would like more environmental hazards.  Things like:

• open air environments having a chance of getting carpet bombed.
  • the Corpus decide to use effective interior defense system using their preexisting tech by having nullifier barrier generators pop out of walls while the alarm is on, and upgrading their interior turrets with ice procing beams.
  • Grineer Rollers that lay shock mines.
  • Martian duststorms that lower your accuracy.

Some of those make me sound like a sadist, but to me the Corpus and Grineer's current combat/defense mentality is pathetic.  If I was in charge of either of their programs I'd give every soldiers grenades that guaranteed a radiation proc.  I'd have airlocks to space every few rooms, allowing me to shut the doors (with a control room that can override the override "hacking"), thereby trapping any warframes, then and suck out the air they need.  I'd make specific anti-warframe squads who wear anti-radiation armor, carry ice proc grenades, slash proc miniguns, and are supported by invisible drones that irradiate the tile.  I'd make Corpus rooms drop Sapping Osprey generates from the ceiling in mass, like those masks that drop inside airplanes during an emergency.  Both have amazing tech, if you think for even a little bit you can come up with better uses for it.  Granted all of those things would drive players away.

So... let's see.
The OP doesn't like a part of the game. And he threatens DE by saying he will troll other players? Will he get banned for this? óÒ

@OP: How about you play smart and not break the glass? Are you really not able to do that? But if you just spam slide-attacks and AoEs you don't seem all that skilled.
The windows should stay the way they are. This way I can easily see who's a Wannabe

Uh... I'm mostly fine with the mechanic, honestly, but I do have two issues with it specifically.

One: it being blown up by those god damned cryo barrels that are everywhere and will go off from being bullet jumped next to. But I mostly just hate those barrels for that reason anyhow, the windows breaking just makes it slightly more annoying. Why are they putting bombs next to their fragile windows anyhow?

Two: syndicate procs blowing the windows up. Though despite being pretty sure this happens, I'm not actually certain. I'm pretty sure even if it doesn't affect the windows directly though, it can cause the same problem by blowing up aforementioned barrels.

11 hours ago, Nirrel said:

I kinda disagree. Caution often isn't possible. Syndicate procs that randomly make them explode, or if there are many spawns am I supposed not to defend myself? Or the door opens and there are like five enemies that you cannot even see what room is coming next..... boom lockdown...I personally don't find it entertaining that I get randomly locked out/in without even the possibility to be careful. Sometimes is possible but many times it isn't. It shouldn't break with syndacate procs and it should be able to take some hits at least to give you the time when you actually enter the room to realize that there is glass...

I agree that it's sometimes difficult not to break these windows, but if you're careful, you can manage to do it, even if you have to defend yourself in one of these rooms. Just don't use AoE weapons. Sometimes you have to adapt. You don't use electric damage against Grineer, you don't use radiation damage against infested. You don't use AoE damage in these rooms. I mean, you can do all that, but it'll make your life harder, so adapt.

At a higher level it's a threat more than an annoyance, since you can't rush anymore and have to deal with enemies in order to safely unlock the doors. The only thing that bothers me about it is why we'd hack a console to shut the emergency curtains. Shouldn't the Corpus just have a big red button lying somewhere in the room ?

7 hours ago, Retrijeuj said:

I agree that it's sometimes difficult not to break these windows, but if you're careful, you can manage to do it, even if you have to defend yourself in one of these rooms. Just don't use AoE weapons. Sometimes you have to adapt. You don't use electric damage against Grineer, you don't use radiation damage against infested. You don't use AoE damage in these rooms. I mean, you can do all that, but it'll make your life harder, so adapt.

Well...As I said above you cannot. What you are proposing could be interesting if this would be a tactical shooter and/or there would be missions/ even levels or special parts of levels dedicated to this kind of gameplay but there are just a very limited number of RNG rooms and it's a horde shooter and paced very differently. The last time I opened a door, just befind it there where 7 ospreys waiting just for me so I started to shoot at them....loockdown because I broke a window somewhere behind I didn't even see. Don't get me wrong, I do not advocate mindlessly break the whole level kind of gameplay but as it is those windows does not really add to the gameplay (unless perhaps if you solo stealting). The only thing they add is annoyance. For me it would be already better if there would be signs over the door before you enter.... :satisfied:

30 minutes ago, Nirrel said:

Well...As I said above you cannot. What you are proposing could be interesting if this would be a tactical shooter and/or there would be missions/ even levels or special parts of levels dedicated to this kind of gameplay but there are just a very limited number of RNG rooms and it's a horde shooter and paced very differently. The last time I opened a door, just befind it there where 7 ospreys waiting just for me so I started to shoot at them....loockdown because I broke a window somewhere behind I didn't even see. Don't get me wrong, I do not advocate mindlessly break the whole level kind of gameplay but as it is those windows does not really add to the gameplay (unless perhaps if you solo stealting). The only thing they add is annoyance. For me it would be already better if there would be signs over the door before you enter.... :satisfied:

I don't usually have this problem because I can spot rooms with these windows with a single glance, but yeah, that can be annoying. But it's just a console to hack, even if it kinda breaks your momentum, it's not like you had to revive. You can also use it to your advantage by locking down stronger enemies while you deal with the rest, or the opposite, locking yourself with strong enemies so you can deal with them before taking on the rest.