The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Lephantis Corpus Head does not open up [Fixed]

johnyF01

Same here can't progress in game because i can't kill Lephantis , due to corpus head not opening,in the end of first phase.

Edit : After testing i found out that it's possible to keep the Corpus head from closing permanently ,during phase one, if you don't hit or kill any other heads, before hitting it. However during the second phase it will open once and then close shut , no matter what. It was a bad idea to link bugged content with game progression. Now new players can't unlock Eris and it's unacceptable that such a glaring bug hasn't been fixed for so long.

Edited by Yperkeimenos
info update

This is absurd. This has been broken for two months now. 

If the bug is difficult to fix, why have you not temporarily removed Lephantis as a progression requirement until it's fixed?

This is absolutely unacceptable. With this being a problem for two months, a temporary workaround should ABSOLUTELY be implemented.

Just yesterday they fixed a bug within a few minutes where a door in the orbiter wasn't opening (which wasn't even gamebreaking because you can teleport around the orbiter using the escape menu), yet this persists.

As a new player I am really appalled at this continuing to exist for so long.

I realize bugs are tricky and sometimes when you fix one thing you break another, but there is an incredibly simple short term solution of changing the Corpus head to have 1hp. It makes the fight easier but honestly the fight is a joke anyway and this change won't run the risk of breaking other parts of the code while you figure out the issue.

@[DE]Saske can you please just tell them to hotfix this or another workaround ASAP. I've seen a ton of new players asking for Lephantus groups in the chat.

READ THIS FOR A 100% WORK AROUND

After extensive testing, this bug is caused due to slowing/cold procs. If your frame, your weapon or even your sentinel are using anything with a freezing/slowing/cold element then the bug will happen and his head won't open, however if you remove anything that does the above mentioned you won't encounter the bug, that goes for combined elements, i.e cold & heat = blast, because you still have the cold element in there to create that said blast damage. 

47 minutes ago, Korvos said:

After extensive testing, this bug is caused due to slowing/cold procs.

I use cold element on many weapons. I build blast on the weapons I use for it.

I was able to beat it just fine with blast on the weapon, and just cold element by itself.

Before last patch fixing it.

EDIT: Just tried it with both blast and cold only. Finished just fine both times. None of the heads had any issues opening.

Was your testing before or after 22.0.8?

Edited by krc473

5 hours ago, krc473 said:

Was your testing before or after 22.0.8?

This was before, after having tested my previous mentioned method I spread the word and it had helped out many players in my clan & others who happened to come across it, My job was done at that point and hadn't attempted it since.

I just finished the mission after this bug happened to me immediately as I write this, after seeing no solution posted I decided to try shooting the final head with my amp. As soon as I got into operator form the head OPENED!! Got my final Nekros BP, the cells I needed to craft an Orthos Prime, and hopefully a work around that will work for others!

Sorry to hear it didn't work for you Raoul, not sure if I got lucky with my timing somehow or if it only works for PC (?)

Edited by Liesureplayer
New Information

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Raoul_Wxfdswxc said:

I tried this with no success, maybe because I don't have the same lens or something like this.

Anyway, absolutely no luck for me and I'm a bit tired to try over and over again.

PoE update will have a fix for the head issue. Just wait until then - I know it is somewhat of a progression stopper, but you have little choice.

[DE] please correct the Lephantis glitch, or allow us Tenno to open the Eris relay without the Lephantis requirement. I must say this is a frustrating and incompleteable endeavor, being the Corpus head will not open; making a requirement to access the next planet inaccessible. Looking over the post regarding this this glitch, it has been a known issue for years, and has yet to be properly addressed by your team. Please explain the 'WHY' behind this. I do not have the time to continue to collect an already time consuming resource, in gathering Lephantis Nav Coordinates repeatedly, only to experience an Groundhog Day moment with something that should have been resolved already. The community has been persistent regarding this issue, only to continue a hellish waste of personal time while bellowing out in frustration. A resolve regarding this matter would be greatly appreciated, due to the inhumane torture us Tenno are experiencing with this task.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

A concerned & now frustrated gamer.