Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No motivation to play Warframe anymore

Rezodo

I used to love this game and played it day and night but i just lost the motivation to continue further.
I have 76 hours played on this game with decent weapons but its just getting boring now, you get a limited selection of warframes at the start of the game and it gets so boring playing the same one over and over again. Farming for warframes are so difficult and time consuming to do so, i wish this game can give warframes when you finish a quest or something, or else its just continuously clearing dungeons and hoping you get something out of it. Crafting time is also ridiculous, one item takes 12 hours or 24 hours. Its like when youre very happy you got a blueprint that you wanted for so long, but it takes so long to craft it then use it. It kinda kills the happiness at the beginning when youre so looking forward to something you want. Bulk crafting would also be useful and its stupid that you have to wait one to finish to make another (e.g Forma). It took three days to make some rooms in my clan because i can only craft one Forma a day, at the end i just gave up making a clan because the amount of time it takes. I was so looking forward decorating clan rooms/ getting new weapons/ making the warframes i want...but at the end it really feels demotivating after playing this much and not getting anything. At the end it just felt like a game where you clear dungeons and go to another planet, then repeat till the end. It would also be useful to have a trading market rather than spamming WTS/WTB in chat. It is nearly impossible to read the trade chat unless youre constantly looking at it. What i mean by a trading market is where people put the items on the market and set a price, so other people can buy it off the market even if the seller is offline. I know there is a warframe.market but many people can be inactive on warframe or the list might not be updated. In the end, Warframe is a good game....its just things are too difficult to get, to make and you dont get rewarded...it sad how i really loved this game before but it just kinda dead now

@Rezodo A lot of players have felt this way about Warframe for years - often the strategy is to play it until you've unlocked and mastered everything available, then you give it a rest for a while until the next big update hits. Well that's kind of what I've been doing, same thing with my clanmates and friends. We still log in for the daily, but yeah, don't burn yourself out on it, give it time.

76 hours? That's not really all too much, in my opinion. You've barely scratched the surface of the game, actually (unless you've bought everything with plat straight away).

1 hour ago, Rezodo said:

at the end i just gave up making a clan because the amount of time it takes.

Well, making a clan is supposed to be very time consuming, and it's not really supposed to be done alone. You shouldn't waste your personal play time on making the clan "perfect" from the get go, as that is nigh impossible. You'll need the help and resources of multiple players, to upgrade it at a decent pace.

Edit: I do agree that Warframe is a time consuming game, but it simply is not the type of game to "play through" like ordinary single players games. it's meant to keep you busy for a long time. Personally, I think I have a little over 300 hours into the game and I'm still not even close to having everything unlocked.

Edited by Ferah_Frithu

I get your major points. You have to take the game at a somewhat slow pace and do what you like. I have about 1100 hours in the game and I still haven't completed all the missions on the star chart or acquired all of the mods and other items. There are things I don't find fun in the game; I don't put time into those things. 

There are also many points you made that players have wanted for some time now.

Like bulk crafting and trade. DE made some changes to trade that allow you to kinda filter what you're looking for and that has improved it a ton imo. 

Some of your other concerns have been cleared in previous comments here. 

And the game isn't dead: It's about as alive as I've ever seen it; post solar rail conflicts. You've just lost interest in a game that isn't moving at the pace you would like, and that's fine. WF isn't for everyone. It feels like the game never lets up on the grind, at some point it even ramps up. 

I would love for you to take a stepped back and slowed down look at what you want from the game and if it's still  not meeting your needs, then do as you must.

Goodluck Tenno. 

51 minutes ago, Rezodo said:

I used to love this game and played it day and night but i just lost the motivation to continue further.

I have 76 hours played on this game with decent weapons but, its just getting boring now.  You get a limited selection of Warframes at the start of the game, and it gets so boring playing the same one, over and over again.   Farming for Warframes are so difficult and time consuming to do so, I wish this game would give Warframes when you finish a quest or something.  Otherwise, it's just continuously clearing dungeons (fighting bosses) and hoping you get something out of it.

Crafting time is also ridiculous, one item takes 12 hours another, 24 hours. It's like when you're very happy you got a blueprint that you wanted for so long but, it takes so long to craft it, then use it.   It kinda kills the happiness at the beginning, when you're looking forward to something you want.   Bulk crafting would also be useful and it's stupid that you have to wait one to finish to make another (e.g Forma).

It took three days to make some rooms in my clan because I can only craft one Forma a day, at the end I just gave up making a clan because the amount of time it takes. I was so looking forward decorating clan rooms/getting new weapons/making the Warframes I want...but at the end it really feels demotivating after playing this much and not getting anything.

At the end it just felt like a game where you clear dungeons nodes and go to another planet, then repeat till the end.

It would also be useful to have a trading market rather than spamming WTS/WTB in chat. It is nearly impossible to read the trade chat unless you're constantly looking at it. What I mean by a trading market is where people put the items on the market and set a price, so other people can buy it off the market even if the seller is offline. I know there is a warframe.market but, many people can be inactive on Warframe or the list might not be updated.

In the end, Warframe is a good game....its just things are too difficult to get, to make and you don't get rewarded...it sad how I really loved this game before but it just kinda dead now.

76 hours isn't a lot of time.  I personally have over 1,250 hours over the last 3+ years and still find things worth doing.

Yes, bulk crafting is something that would be amazing.  It's something that has been asked many times already. 

I think clan building would fall under the same consideration as bulk crafting.  I personally would like to see the option of laying out your clan and then donating resources and having things auto start building as resource requirements are met.  (i.e., layout your floor plan, click "build" and then donate resources.  The first room build is the first one laid down, and then the second, etc.)

Trading leaves a lot to be desired in this game.  Many have argued for and against an Auction House, however, DE has made it clear they're not interested in having one.  I think they're most recent attempt at fixing that issue was creating key word filters and there was something about having a WTS tab and a WTB tab.  So it's a work in progress.

1 hour ago, Rezodo said:

its just continuously clearing dungeons

this guy gets it

concerning playing day and night for 76 hours(less than 3 days):

get some sleep first, take a day or two off the game while you wait for stuff to finish building then try to play 6h a day tops

first u need to focus to unlock all plantes and in same time to max core mods u need.. then go  do all quests u will get couple new frames... check u profil equipment see what wepons u dont have max it up to lvl 30.. and keep only good stuff... u will have lot  of fun

@Rezodo I feel your pain man. Personally, I've found that the best strategy to enjoy this game is to take some days off for a while to play other things then come back for three-four days of grinding. Rinse, repeat.

I do find it annoying how everything is so obscure to get info on, and the quest progression system relies completely on doing random things to unlock them (Beat the starter quest in the first week, and have been stuck there ever since. Had to sacrifice some plat to unlock Venus, a decision that my best friend has mocked me for).

Still, it's a pretty game to play occasionally, aside from the inconveniences. Only sucks having to play it alone in my case since I keep getting the "Strict NAT" error message when trying to play with friends (public matchmaking works fine though, oddly enough).

76 hours ? ive spent at least 10 times that amount on pokemon silver back in the days when the 1st gameboy color was top notch thiccness. 76 hours is nothing for an online game especially a grind/looting heavy game. there are plenty quest warframes btw as post #2 mentioned.

Just 76 hours?

You know nothing new player.

Have you finished the second dream?

Have you finished all the frame quest?

How many prime frames and weapons you got?

How long can you stay solo in a survival?

What is your mr level?

Have you tested the raids?

My point is you haven't yet scratched the surface of wf.

If a guy with 3k+ time says he is bored then I respect that notion but for someone under 100 it is either you are click baiting or this game is not for you.

Edited by (PS4)wildcats1369my