Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MR0 accounts advertising plat for cash site

TrinityPrime

Don't know how long they've been haunting NA trade chat but they're popping up now. I reported the specific accounts already but they're just fresh outa tutorial dummy accounts.

Other than updating [DE]SighBorg to autoban their current message pattern, perhaps put an MR2 requirement to access trade chat? Or is there a more elegant solution to be had?

10 minutes ago, TrinityPrime said:

Other than updating [DE]SighBorg to autoban their current message pattern, perhaps put an MR2 requirement to access trade chat? Or is there a more elegant solution to be had?

Or give us a report spam feature that results in an auto-ban after X reports.

They are also active in EU because I already reported 2 of them :(

Edited by k05h

I'm surprised this kind of phishing took so long to come to Warframe, it just shows how increasingly popular the game is becoming.

That said, who would be silly enough to take up the offer when PC players get 75% off coupons for plat purchases?

Seems like a waste of hacker effort, imo.

Edited by (PS4)Magician_NG

1 minute ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

I'm surprised this kind of phishing took so long to come to Warframe, it just shows how increasingly popular the game is becoming.

That said, who would be silly enough to take up the offer when PC players get 75% off coupons for plat purchases?

It was already happening 2-3 years ago but DE managed to make it stop for a long while.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

The advertising I saw was the other way around. Sell 1000 plat and get X amount in USD.

17 minutes ago, k05h said:

Or give us a report spam feature that results in an auto-ban after X reports.

NOOOOOOOOPE
I've seen that feature get abused, Youtube has something similar where videos get taken down with X amount of flags and you have to wait for weeks for someone to check the video before you can republish it. People could use it as a way to grief other players that they don't like.

Best way is to contact one of the guides of the lotus ingame (1 by 1 to see if they are online), just take a screen, send to the pm box if they request it so they know you're telling the truth.

Guides of the lotus have access to a discord and can quickly spread the word to any available moderators, those messages go away pretty quickly afterwards.

Those platinum seller hardly appear on the european region, maybe because things were super tight there and they moved to a more relaxed region, as you can guess, it's up to the NA region players to do something about it.

Edited by KIREEK

This spam is relatively new because in gam I saw them in the first time because DE have a good filter for these but it seems some hacker found a weak spot on the shield and now these appear more frequently.

The best way to partially slow down this to close the trade chat for under mr2 acc but not close the market so if that person want a good start still can buy items but can not use the trade chat until reach the mr2. Then maybe the bot makers will hardly find solution to bypass this but there need some code for that to ensure these hackers won't find out easy.

Also I want to report the platinumwarframe.com because sells plat for shady ways aka hack plat.

If you come across someone advertising the sale of Platinum for real world money (in-game, on these forums or elsewhere), please report them to our support team! We recommend sending us as much proof as possible, such as a screenshot of their messages, in a ticket.

Thanks, Tenno!