Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Ignore" No, Thanks / "Ignore/Ban" Yes, Please

Biddion

.0. I have to AFK some time, then again, might as well not join any missions, or press Alt+F4.

Ignore/Ban is kind of NOT your power, and SHOULD not.

The Title is misleading already, I think you trying to say " When you IGNORE some one, you DO NOT join their instances, EVER".

In the past Draco Ceres was one cases of literal AFK, :| Nowadays you literally don't earn anything if you afk for each Rotations.

2 minutes ago, DesFrSpace said:

Nowadays you literally don't earn anything if you afk for each Rotations

Exactly. No reward for AFKers... and personally dead from mobs I carried with me for that guy (doesn't work on Limbo in his realm), no revives for that guy.

2 hours ago, DesFrSpace said:

.0. I have to AFK some time, then again, might as well not join any missions, or press Alt+F4.

Ignore/Ban is kind of NOT your power, and SHOULD not.

The Title is misleading already, I think you trying to say " When you IGNORE some one, you DO NOT join their instances, EVER".

In the past Draco Ceres was one cases of literal AFK, :| Nowadays you literally don't earn anything if you afk for each Rotations.

totally agree especially with the ban thing. DE won't add a kick feature because of the obvious trolls that it'd bring but what OP is asking is like one step above what is already something that should never ever be put in warframe. 

I'll say this as well for OP, yes there's no way to stop them from joining you is it annoying yes? can it be reported yes and if reported by enough players they could get banned by DE who should be the only ones with the power to ban it's their job not the players. If you ever see a player full afking first go into "view mission progress" and take a screenshot when they have 0kills,abilities used and no pickups is clear what's going on then DE will take it from there. Secondly nobody is forcing you to stay, when I group and we get an afker which isn't often we all just leave at the earliest moment so we aren't carrying someone like that. 

Also I just want to state this as well just in case, DE will punish players who afk AS WELL as players who false report to flag others accounts so don't go reporting someone who afks for literally 2 mins etc sometimes people can't help it. https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us if you don't know you go to that link, and send a ticket with your screen shots to report.

3 hours ago, Biddion said:

I would really like to not play with players who go afk on a mission. Apparently, there isn't anything stopping these players from joining a public squad I am in.

Another things I would like to add, if you don't want AFK or Random Public dis-heartened Game Sessions, Form up a Squad or go Friend Only/Invites Only.

There are afk players that abuse the support system aswell, they use a counter report on you, since they know they were caught, they try to report you (sometimes as a group) to try and make support believe that you were the problem instead, maybe you were toxic, harassed or threaten.

Fortunatelly, it never works, you are indeed free to chat to them to bring them back into playing the game (no insulting) and if they remain afk you can indeed specify that a report will occur, then simply fill the forum in the support page.

Still, ignored users can indeed reapear in your squad, had that happen 3 or 4 times, it's not a huge deal given the amount of ignored players that i have, it's only a tiny portion of games where this happened, but it would be nice that matchmaking would check ignored users aswell.

1 hour ago, DesFrSpace said:

Another things I would like to add, if you don't want AFK or Random Public dis-heartened Game Sessions, Form up a Squad or go Friend Only/Invites Only.

Yes, yes, what lovely advice. While at that, also make sure you know all of them in real life so that this choice actually matters.</sarcasm> Looking for a squad is no way to secure yourself from afk'ers. The former keyscammers show that. And while you're not gonna accidently invite ignored players this way and your ignorelist works as a form of blacklist, this method isn't flat out secure.

All I'm asking for is that ignore lists should prevent matchmaking with ignored players. While not preventing afk'ers, this simply would bring it up to par with the option given in recruiting a squad.

Edited by ScribbleClash

You guys do realize that there are few easy methods to don't get afk penalties and they use them especially in hydron, right?

I can see where this guy's hatred is coming from and it's totally legit imo. If you want/have to afk, sure, but don't do it in a damn public party or at least have the taste and the decency to advice everyone. What if everyone goes in public and start to go afk? "Pft, yeah, what IF" oh, yeah. It already happens.

2 hours ago, DesFrSpace said:

I don't need you telling me to go friends only/ invites only. This is not what the discussion is about.

What I am talking about is if I care to ignore a person, then this means I'd rather not play with them. Yet, there are times when I play public and individuals who I dislike playing with, eventually end up in a squad together. I ignored many people for spamming Telos Boltace after being the only one in a squad of 4 without one. It was highly annoying.

I posted this after another player did nothing while I killed a boss.Not only that, he or she did not move after the boss was solo'd by me and force me to end the mission via timer. This made me mad, I dropped out of squad only to have the same player join my squad again.

Here's a screenshot of something I have to deal with on a daily basis.

g3VR4rh.jpg

This guy was afk during the kuva flood mission, occasionally he'd jump into the wall maybe not to be marked afk or something. I watched him just stand in that corner the whole time, even after life support was depleted, all the way till his HP drained and he was killed. Everyday as I run kuva missions I run into these afk'ers who are just mooching of my efforts. I just put them all on ignore and my ignore list is probably getting huge.

29 minutes ago, TaylorsContraction said:

Here's a screenshot of something I have to deal with on a daily basis.

This guy was afk during the kuva flood mission, occasionally he'd jump into the wall maybe not to be marked afk or something. I watched him just stand in that corner the whole time, even after life support was depleted, all the way till his HP drained and he was killed. Everyday as I run kuva missions I run into these afk'ers who are just mooching of my efforts. I just put them all on ignore and my ignore list is probably getting huge.

If you report them, they will unlikely do it again to you or to other players.

2 hours ago, ScribbleClash said:

Yes, yes, what lovely advice. While at that, also make sure you know all of them in real life so that this choice actually matters.</sarcasm> Looking for a squad is no way to secure yourself from afk'ers. The former keyscammers show that. And while you're not gonna accidently invite ignored players this way and your ignorelist works as a form of blacklist, this method isn't flat out secure.

All I'm asking for is that ignore lists should prevent matchmaking with ignored players. While not preventing afk'ers, this simply would bring it up to par with the option given in recruiting a squad.

Runs directly into a problem - there are up to 4 people in a squad, not just 2.  Which means either you can only match with players who's ignore list is identical to yours - which seems likely to leave you playing solo almost always, or your list will be limiting other player's matchmaking without them having any control over it.  And they'll be limiting your matchmaking in return.  That's not even close to OK.

8 hours ago, KIREEK said:

If you report them, they will unlikely do it again to you or to other players.

It takes far more than just one report to get an AFKer to stop AFKing. I've reported quite a few, ran into them again, and they were still at it. Yes, I had appropriate proof with timestamps and everything.

Reporting is still a good idea but it also relies on the idea that others will actually take the time to report them, as well. It also hinges on the idea that said person who was AFK doesn't have some convenient excuse that appeals to emotion (like the guy who claimed he was tending to his dying father, yet was taking time to play video games at the same time).

DE isn't going to ban someone for one report of them going AFK. That's not only completely unfair to the person who was reported, but it's almost unprofessional because you have to give them the benefit of the doubt the first few times that maybe they did have a good reason. It's also unlikely that a single report will stop them. After all, not many players are willing to go through the trouble of collecting screenshots and/or video and filing a formal report to the support staff. What are the odds they actually get reported?

Edited by Chipputer
typo