Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MR24 Test - Operator Mode? Really [DE]?

Tizodd

The last part of Harrow's quest was bad enough...you guys really need to flesh out operator mode more before making it a requirement for anything else, let alone a mastery rank test.

I can't speak for everyone else but when I start up Warframe, I want to play Warframe.  Not any of these tacked on extras.  Conclave: no thanks; Archwing: no thanks; operator mode mastery test: colossal no thanks.

edit: I've worked and put in a lot of hours maxing frames, weapons, and mods.  I've spent a lot of time testing builds and strategies.  The last thing I want is to be stripped of all of it to play as a defenseless operator.

Edited by Tizodd

6 minutes ago, SeaUrchins said:

Using Operator for MR tests is like having people sprint 100 meters for a driving license. 

Not quite. The Operator, same as the Archwing, is becoming a core part of the WF mechanics. Ppl complained all the same about Archwing MR tests, but they are being used for quests and missions throughout the game. That's also becoming a reality for the operators.

The test is there for quite some time now. Complaining about it now wont do anything. Why would they change it now?
And the test is easy as hell. The test for Rank 23 is still the most difficult one out of all the tests. (excluding the rescue-one where the target jumped of the map...)

11 minutes ago, (PS4)ghinellil said:

I seen plenty 24 already... i guess is not that difficult.

It's not that it's difficult...it's just not what I want to be doing when I load up Warframe.  I know I can't speak for everyone, but I doubt many people find operator mode particularly fun.

9 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

The test is there for quite some time now. Complaining about it now wont do anything. Why would they change it now?
And the test is easy as hell. The test for Rank 23 is still the most difficult one out of all the tests. (excluding the rescue-one where the target jumped of the map...)

I don't expect them to change it at this point.  [DE] seems hell-bent on adding archwing and operator stuff regardless of our complaints.

Like I said in the op, I just want them to flesh it out more before making it mandatory for anything.  It's not fun at all...it's little more than a nuisance in its current iteration.

I can't speak for everyone else but when I start up Warframe, I want to play Warframe.  Not any of these tacked on extras.  Conclave: no thanks; Archwing: no thanks; operator mode mastery test: colossal no thanks.

Welp too bad because DE seems to keen on trying to push all 3 on the players via various means, don't seem to care what players actually like.

3zQvJ7C.jpg

Edited by -Temp0-

1 hour ago, Ksaero said:

Wait, how did you get to MR24 test? Should've stuck at MR20 which is Archwing test.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say.  Are you saying since the MR20 test involved archwing, I should be stuck at MR19?  If that's what you're saying, you're reading a lot into my op but completely missing my point (or maybe you know better and are just trying to be clever).  Regardless, I never claimed archwing, operator mode, or conclave were too difficult...I'm saying they're not fun to me.

Archwing has improved over the years, but operator mode is definitely not fun or developed enough to be mandatory for anything.

Again...It's not about difficulty...It's about poor, tacked on additions to an otherwise great game.  They should be purely optional.

1 hour ago, Tizodd said:

I'm not sure what you're trying to say.  Are you saying since the MR20 test involved archwing, I should be stuck at MR19?  If that's what you're saying, you're reading a lot into my op but completely missing my point (or maybe you know better and are just trying to be clever).  Regardless, I never claimed archwing, operator mode, or conclave were too difficult...I'm saying they're not fun to me.

Archwing has improved over the years, but operator mode is definitely not fun or developed enough to be mandatory for anything.

Again...It's not about difficulty...It's about poor, tacked on additions to an otherwise great game.  They should be purely optional.

Well if a single mastery test should be "fun", you might want to complain about having to complete War Within since it takes away your fun for much longer time.

And it's not like you are forced to get MR24.

Edited by Ksaero

5 hours ago, Ksaero said:

...it's not like you are forced to get MR24.

MR is linked to progression.  So while technically, you could remain MR1 and never level up, let's be real...leveling up is an essential part of the game to unlock weapons, frames, rivens, syndicate mods, extractors, level of newly built and forma'd items, void trace capacity, daily trade limit, sorties, etc.

So sure, you can say "it's not like you are forced to get MR24" all you want...but do you actually believe that or are you just saying it to try to win an argument?

Btw, I'm MR24 (check my profile in-game if you doubt me).  I still say that this test was the worst.  Maybe it should be the worst since MR24 is currently the highest attainable MR?  Sure...but my issue is that it's the "worst" for the wrong reason(s).  Operator mode is an underdeveloped game mode that needs more work before it's used as a requirement for anything.

We spend hours upon hours developing our frames and weapons, yet our progression is linked to a dumbed-down game mode that isn't affected by any of it?  Makes no sense...

8 hours ago, -Temp0- said:

DE seems to keen on trying to push all 3 on the players via various means, don't seem to care what players actually like.

Most people who dislike Operator mode only dislike it for balancing reasons so it's not like they're just going to scrap the mode instead of balancing it.

Most people who dislike Archwing have a good point when they actually take the time to articulate it, though, and DE should address those points better.

Conclave was never pushed onto anyone. People just got mad they couldn't get some completely optional cosmetics without playing it.

In the end, however, the people who incessantly whine are often a vocal minority or a youtuber and their fanbase (who are usually full of easily influenced people that will change their opinion next week when the youtuber says, "on second thought, it isn't that bad"). The balancing of the Operators have been brought up a multitude of times and DE has directly stated they will be bringing buffs and changes to the Operator with the Plains of Eidolon update. Archwing issues will likely persist until DE finds a more graceful way to implement their missions, and Conclave is exactly what it should be in that it is a side gamemode that you choose to play or ignore and it has no impact on you if you choose to ignore it.

Edited by Chipputer
removed a redundancy

4 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

...the people who incessantly whine are often a vocal minority or a youtuber and their fanbase (who are usually full of easily influenced people that will change their opinion next week when the youtuber says, "on second thought, it isn't that bad")...

I don't know if this is directed at me, but one complaint followed by defense of the argument and explanation of my logic is not "Incessant whining".  I formed my own opinion after doing the MR24 test.  I don't need a youtuber or anyone else to form my opinion for me.

6 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

...Conclave is exactly what it should be in that it is a side gamemode that you choose to play or ignore and it has no impact on you if you choose to ignore it.

This is the way all of the "extra features" should be handled.  Core game progression should not be tied to extra stuff.

I could be wrong, but I seriously doubt anyone picked up Warframe to play archwing or operator mode.  These are just extra modes that should be completely optional like Conclave.

18 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

Most people who dislike Operator mode only dislike it for balancing reasons so it's not like they're just going to scrap the mode instead of balancing it.

Most people who dislike Archwing have a good point when they actually take the time to articulate it, though, and DE should address those points better.

Conclave was never pushed onto anyone. People just got mad they couldn't get some completely optional cosmetics without playing it.

In the end, however, the people who incessantly whine are often a vocal minority or a youtuber and their fanbase (who are usually full of easily influenced people that will change their opinion next week when the youtuber says, "on second thought, it isn't that bad"). The balancing of the Operators have been brought up a multitude of times and DE has directly stated they will be bringing buffs and changes to the Operator with the Plains of Eidolon update. Archwing issues will likely persist until DE finds a more graceful way to implement their missions, and Conclave is exactly what it should be in that it is a side gamemode that you choose to play or ignore and it has no impact on you if you choose to ignore it.

Yeaaah, "minority", that's why other faction "whines" that no one is playing conclave so some people can't find matches at all or unless they set their ping to 200-500 and second faction "whines" that they have to do everything basically solo in Kuva farming and when Fomorian alert pops in third faction "whines" that most players run it with underleveled normal odonata and imperator, previously they "whined" about the fact they can't farm or level archwing because no one was playing those missions so they had to solo an interception on gigantic map in order to level anything or flat out cheese by glitching normal misisons on Uranus into arcwing - because suddenly there were players on normal Uranus survival cause you know. People actually play survival as opposed to archwing interception.

Most player do not like those 3 things in WF. It's simple and clear fact no matter how you might not agree with the facts they're still there.

9 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

But conclave has been forced on us in Operation: Rathuum and The Glast Gambit.

They're conclave maps with unique, fast enemies made to somewhat emulate the feeling of conclave. If you want Endo, you gotta play Rathuum. If you want Credits, you gotta play Index. If you want high amounts of really good, rare mods you have to play both. If you want Nidus, you have the choice of either buying him to skip the conclave like system or playing the conclave like system. 

The same with Limbo and Archwing. But I guess these are only momentary. 

The only cosmetic some people wanted from the Conclave was purchasable through the market (as if DE saw that no one was really planning on playing conclave that long, and trying to force so many people in at one time would just have an uproarious screech for balancing and dedicated servers, as how it is now just on a higher scale) and the other one, the syandana that lights up for your completed challenges, was a flop. I see no one even in the conclave wearing it as keeping it up to even look good is such a chore it rivals focus farming before everyone found ways to cheese it. 

Just bringing up those points. 

As for OP, I agree. I'm not able to play it yet because I'm to lazy to force myself through weapons, but being chased by brood mothers and shooting a ball isn't... proving yourself. It's boring and time consuming just like the end of the Harrow Quest was, and the end of War Within was. Even with that hotfix that enabled your gear in Operator mode, it's either expensive to play as an operator or time consuming. To imagine that they control Warframes, yet they can't move quickly for more than two seconds, or shoot at something for more than five? I feel it should be more that Operators should have immense power (instead of only being inferiorly effective at stealth and useful against two enemy types but ONLY for their invulnerability phase) and immense power capacity but massively more susceptible to damage. Right now, they're not even glass cannons, they're useless all over the board. Honestly. Stripping Kuva guardians of their weapon make them more of a threat in higher levels than just leaving them with their weapons and kiting them around. They gain range, immensely damaging, moderate range shotgun pistols, and have nothing in the way of accuracy as rolling means nothing to them like it does to normal enemies at the same level, in the same match. 

The most useful thing the operator has is the one second of invulnerability that you can use to escape stupid deaths like shooting a Lenz at your feet. 

6 hours ago, Tizodd said:

Operator mode is an underdeveloped game mode that needs more work before it's used as a requirement for anything.

If the test is neither hard nor long then Operator mode is developed enough to be a requirement.

Actually, Operator mode is not a side addition, it's already a part of core gameplay. You can use it to remove the resistance from Shadow Stalker and Sentients, it can come in handy at spy missions, you need to use it to farm kuva, and its role is gonna be expanded even more. I could understand your rage if to get MR24 you had to complete Virmius or get 200 points in Flappy Zephyr, those two have nothing to do with the main game and are really hard to beat.

And to even get to MR24 test you spent some time levelling Archwing stuff, it definitely took more than 2 minutes you spent on completing the test.

7 hours ago, Tizodd said:

MR is linked to progression.  So while technically, you could remain MR1 and never level up, let's be real...leveling up is an essential part of the game to unlock weapons, frames, rivens, syndicate mods, extractors, level of newly built and forma'd items, void trace capacity, daily trade limit, sorties, etc.

I know a player who has more than enough levelled items to be eligible to get MR24 but he stays at MR14 just because he wants to. Doesn't seem to be locked out from anything.

16 hours ago, Tizodd said:

The last part of Harrow's quest was bad enough...you guys really need to flesh out operator mode more before making it a requirement for anything else, let alone a mastery rank test.

edit: I've worked and put in a lot of hours maxing frames, weapons, and mods.  I've spent a lot of time testing builds and strategies.  The last thing I want is to be stripped of all of it to play as a defenseless operator.

I do understand what you are saying. 

Starting up Warframe and when it's time to take a mastery rank tests most of the tests doesn't really apply what you had done in mastery rank test to pass it.

Seeing videos of mastery rank test 24 just seem lame using Operator since movement, mobility and jump is limited and Operator is slow. 

I do like Warframe but of the developers add  something that make some players including myself is this for real. Upgrading for mod capacity or get new weapon cause it lock behind mastery rank tests.

I would like to see waiting period on mastery rank tests should be remove and allow Tennos to take tests immediately or when they are ready instead of waiting 24 hour