Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why we need a vote to kick or in game report function.

(XBOX)xImEchox

So i was doing syndicate missions and some guy joins and takes the thing for the mobile defense and runs around the map because he needs to get ALL the syndicate marks and he wont drop the thing. Long story short we spent 45min doing nothing but running around then ended up failing the mission. Stuff like this happens too often because people dont like to solo queue. Because of this i think a vote to kick functuion or AT LEAST a in game report system would be pretty great to add.

Edited by (XB1)xImEchox
Typo

We see these posts all the time, and it has always been the answer: NO! Because of the abuse it would receive and the negativity it would become for our community.

And we already have a report function at the support center. Just take screen shots and provide as much information as possible.

Edited by FashionFrame

11 minutes ago, (Xbox One)xImEchox said:

[People carrying the Objective item and doing -not- the objective, and somehow mission fails]

The mission failing because of someone roaming around to look for Medallions because of reputation or a Riven Mod Challenge should not be possible.

One solution is add a timer for the objective, and force it to be released if it leaves the tile that the objective is in when it is near enough, another is to join a Clan and ask for Clan members if they're sided with your Syndicates to help you with respective missions.

A kick button will only enrage those who are trying to unveil a Riven or get rep to get weapon to get plat to get something, a report button will only incite misuse and name-calling, and they have never done any good for any community, because said communities forget how to ask why people do what they do, and always votekick the guy who could've saved them out because they wanted a friend to join.

Edited by Koldraxon-732

I solo run syndicate missions cause i like to take my time and get all the medallions

that said you need only look at diablo3 and left4dead 1&2 to see why this is a bad idea. Regularly get put in with troll squads that either insta vote kick or vote kick the instant i do or say some thing that is even slightly out of place with that they want

2 minutes ago, --Shadow-Stalker-- said:

I solo run syndicate missions cause i like to take my time and get all the medallions

that said you need only look at diablo3 and left4dead 1&2 to see why this is a bad idea. Regularly get put in with troll squads that either insta vote kick or vote kick the instant i do or say some thing that is even slightly out of place with that they want

You beat me by just a minute.

Vote to Kick is a very misused thing. As a WoW player I can 100% tell you that it's intended use and it's actual use are nowhere near aligned. In this game where you could simply lag behind your team because you don't know the map well could absolutely incite that same misuse. I personally wouldn't want to see that. Now that being said, if you're joining a group where someone is being a complete tool, why not just abort the mission from the start and do it again? As far as i know the missions don't go away if you abort them (maybe I'm wrong) and if you do it right away you don't lose anything from that mission you aborted. 

Idk, food for thought. I hope your experiences get better, tenno!

1 hour ago, FashionFrame said:

We see these posts all the time, and it has always been the answer: NO! Because of the abuse it would receive and the negativity it would become for our community.

And we already have a report function at the support center. Just take screen shots and provide as much information as possible.

The system have to be unanimous i.e if the enter team (how ever many that happens to be) would have to vote yes.

Asking DE to waste there time going through reports of anything other than real abuse/TOS violations is pointless.

adding a kick functionality may introduce too much disruption to game play as well as the potential of abuse.  They're better off implementing safeguards that will prevent a player from dead-locking a mission, something like as suggested before a time out mechanism to force-drop the key/node for mobile defense, and independent extraction option for survival missions...

Kick option : No.

Report options being made better, especially on consoles : Yes.

2 hours ago, FashionFrame said:

Reporting from a console is a pain because it isn't done from the system itself.  There are a few options in game that can be reported (like communication abuse) but those options need to be expanded to include nitwits like the one described in the OP who think the entire purpose of other people playing the game is to troll them.

Because letting people leech and afk are part of game it seems. You can't upset the snowflakes, they jump at their own shadows. A vote kick would cause them a heart attack.  It's better for everyone to let the leechers and afk'ers run the game.

1 hour ago, (PS4)horridhal said:

Kick option : No.

Report options being made better, especially on consoles : Yes.

Reporting from a console is a pain because it isn't done from the system itself.  There are a few options in game that can be reported (like communication abuse) but those options need to be expanded to include nitwits like the one described in the OP who think the entire purpose of other people playing the game is to troll them.

truth! I never really thought of the process of console, that makes sense

3 hours ago, DxAdder said:

The system have to be unanimous i.e if the enter team (how ever many that happens to be) would have to vote yes.

Asking DE to waste there time going through reports of anything other than real abuse/TOS violations is pointless.

Trolling has no bounds, people can get anyone riled up, get on your side, and get people kicked even when they did nothing.

I agree with going through the reports, some people really take it too far and do indeed waste time.

4 hours ago, -Temp0- said:

You mean including yourself.

tbh this person has a point. you yourself shouldve solo queued. if anything if it was an item carry then YOU shouldve grabbed the item so that didnt happen.

also no to the kick feature but yes to the report feature, but even with reporting that case wouldve been tossed i think. 

2 hours ago, Noble_One said:

tbh this person has a point. you yourself shouldve solo queued. if anything if it was an item carry then YOU shouldve grabbed the item so that didnt happen.

The victim blaming in this post is real.

No, that person didn't have a point and, no, a person shouldn't have to solo queue to prevent players from trolling them.  Unless, of course, the game is changed to allow said solo players to select their spawn rate.

No, this can be abused so heavily. Me and a streamer and friends where chatting yesterday about this and imagine trolleys kicking you just before getting an ember prime BP, or the last part for your trinity prime set, or idk, some super rare mod. Or what about friends who joke around and vote kick as trolls. They already do that type of stuff in csgo, and it can get quite trolly. There's also vote kicking if a team member is not helping enough. Who cares what other players do in a mission, if they suck, leave them be. Don't vote kick them, that's just sad. 

Also, syndicate missions you should just do solo. It's way easier to get all the syndicate medallions and some people actually want all of them, like me. I always make sure I have 8/8 because it gets you alot of standing. So just do them solo. It's way easier to focus on what you want to focus on

Edited by Arniox

1. a kick system will never happen because any kick system, by nature, can be abused. many have asked, and 4 years later still no kick system. if it was ever gonna happen, it would have been by now.

2. I'll give you the same advice I give everyone who encounters problematic players:

Spoiler

stop expecting PUG games to go smoothly 100% of the time. if you can't do that, then join the #GloriousSoloMasterRace!

2 hours ago, (PS4)horridhal said:

The victim blaming in this post is real.

No, that person didn't have a point and, no, a person shouldn't have to solo queue to prevent players from trolling them.  Unless, of course, the game is changed to allow said solo players to select their spawn rate.

Yes you do.

Star chat missions are braindead easy. Literally. 0 reasons to go public. 

The less people you have in your game the less chances anything will go the way you don't like. By hitting public you accept the chances of running into random idiocy and people playing the game the way they like. Welcome to the internet where people complain about other people kiling stuff too fast or too slow where people complain about other players rushing the map or lagging behind for eternity and where everyone constantly complain about everything. So ya sure you won't step on someone's toe with the way you play? Wouldn't be so sure if I were you.

The op is not a "victim" here. Waiting for 40 minutes instead of aborting and starting again? Can't think about any other reason than certain someone being unable to complete the mission alone for whatever reason. A syndicate mission. What the hell even.