The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

calamity sigil

Fluff-E-Kitty

An idea popped into my head when I was reading something on here about  solo spawn rates vs groups (and how some people only play public to boost said spawns, but not the point).
I would kind of like to see something like a gear item or something akin to the assassin marks that just makes more things spawn in and/or sets there level higher then they normally would be for that map. 

calamity_ring.png

Ever used the calamity ring in dark soles? Think something like that. Except not as mean. (Maybe the gold or silver snake rings would be a better example but…. you get the point). More or less, make a mission harder but also give larger rewards due to it, or at lest larger spawns.
Maybe make it only active as long as you are not in a public group (or raid or whatever) but be able to use or stack them with friends. you know for fun. 

3 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

There would have to be some truly heavy downside to it, because if there isn't, there would be no reason not to use it. If there is no reason not to use it, why add it in the first place.

If we follow this logic, Serration and all other mandatory mods shouldn't exist because there is no reason to not use them.

Plus, there is a reason to not use this consummable if you are new players and can't already handle the mission with your current stuff, so not using the consummable is useful to not have the difficulty multiplied by 4.

16 hours ago, lukinu_u said:

If we follow this logic, Serration and all other mandatory mods shouldn't exist because there is no reason to not use them.

If you weren't aware, DE is already working on revamping the mod/levelling system so that mods like Serration and Point Strike are no longer necessary, freeing up slots for more unique mod setups. If you have no reason not to use something, then that something should be integrated into the base mechanics, or should be reconsidered as to whether it's a worthy addition to begin with.

7 hours ago, Nazrethim said:

I would like if we use a Pherilac Pod on non-infested missions, then infested start to appear and slowly take over the ship/base, sort of a forced Outbreak Crossfire.

Yes, please!

But to prevent trolling, make it so that only people with the pods equipped are targeted by the Infested.

I would love to see a mechanic that let you increase spawn rates.  Like, some kind of "Come get me!" Signal we could send out from a central command terminal or something.

Edited by MagPrime

24 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Yes, please!

But to prevent trolling, make it so that only people with the pods equipped are targeted by the Infested.

I would love to see a mechanic that let you increase spawn rates.  Like, some kind of "Come get me!" Signal we could send out from a central command terminal or something.

This reminds me how underrated the pods are as a gear wheel item though. 

Drop them far enough away from a pod on defense at the right spot, and you can pull a huge amount of the enemies to that spot for some time without any energy expenditure. Very fun to mess around with on any kind of infested mission, but especially infested defense. 

As for the threads idea, I am not exactly against it, but I think convincing DE to do it would be a long, hard road. An enemy spawn booster isn't a bad idea, but I feel like it would cost a lot of platinum, or they would just say no period. But who knows, maybe they would like the idea. 

21 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

- snip-

So much so, that I'm kicking myself because I forgot about them entirely, and I've been running Defction missions like mad for Harrows Systems.

#DerpiestofThemAll

On 15/8/2017 at 5:11 PM, Tesseract7777 said:

3 hours ago, MagPrime said:

So much so, that I'm kicking myself because I forgot about them entirely, and I've been running Defction missions like mad for Harrows Systems.

#DerpiestofThemAll

I use them with Ash to bypass fans on Spy vaults, sure they alert pretty much everybody (not fully alerted though) but I can cast Teleport on the pod!