Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember's Deluxe Skin Feedback

octobotimus

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

Ah, you're using exaggeration to get attention.

I'm out.

just because the exact colours don't line up exactly to what you see lol ? just because a blue that looks slightly like green ? The point still stands though.

Edited by Sonicbullitt

3 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

So exactly like default ember. She's a literal fire chicken

I think phoenix is what they were actually trying to go for, since you know phoenix is a bird made of flames from myth and legend ? Original Intentions aside she really does look like a chicken or a rooster to be specific with this new skin, I really think they took that joke a a bit to literally, with this skin.

Edited by Sonicbullitt

8 minutes ago, Sonicbullitt said:

just because the exact colours don't line up exactly to what you see lol ? just because a blue that looks slightly like green ? The point still stands though.

No. She meant this part:

11 minutes ago, Sonicbullitt said:

saying it is horrendous is a over exaggerated a little for sure, but that is kinda the point , to get people reading the post.

1 minute ago, Marvelous_A said:

Well. How about just go for the original design. It's a Nova-tier deluxe skin

Well De had a disagreement with the designer, for something as minor as what her head crest looked like, point down compared to up. The artist did not agree with DE and DE didn't agree with him, thus they split, or at least that is how the story goes.

34 minutes ago, Sonicbullitt said:

1:02:21 in the stream, she looks like a frikken rooster....a male chicken, even colours match up.it

Trying to find words to properly convey my expression, but I am a bit loss for words. I guess in simplest terms, I am not particularly pleased with it.

It does not exactly accentuate anything particularly fiery or amusing.

And that mohawk, man, the dispute over the mohawk with the old concept must have really stuck in their craw, so they have doubled, tripled and quadrupled down on that feature.

Yondu-Marvel-Comics-Guardians-Galaxy.jpg

Edited by UrielColtan

Just now, UrielColtan said:

And that mowhawk, man, the dispute over the mohawk with the old concept must have really stuck in their  craw, so they have doubled, tripled and quadruple downed on that feature.

For some reason DE really likes putting mohawk on Ember's head which absolutely disgusts me. It's some truly terrible aesthetic taste.

2 minutes ago, UrielColtan said:

Trying to find words to properly convey my expression, but I am a bit loss for words. I guess in simplest terms, I am not particularly pleased with it.

It does not exactly accentuate anything particularly fiery or amusing.

And that mowhawk, man, the dispute over the mohawk with the old concept must have really stuck in their  craw, so they have doubled, tripled and quadruple downed on that feature.

Yondu-Marvel-Comics-Guardians-Galaxy.jpg

LOOOOOOOOOL!  Hahaha I know right ? I can't believe such a tiny thing was enough to cause a fallout with the artist.

Oh... my... Gods... Ember... what have they done to you? What did Ember ever do to deserve this punishment? Horrendous is the proper word. It's absolutely horrifying. Whoever designed this should be ashamed...

I think it hits harder because of the first design. We knew the possibilities and we were given the worst possible scenario. This is by far the worst design they've come up with: it's uninspired, it's convoluted and it's tacky as hell. TACKY AS HELL.

scurrd.gif

I like it...

I just don't get the controversy, it's pretty clearly Phoenix-themed, with flamey bits and small feathers, and it looks next to nothing like Zephyr.  And frankly, I was never especially impressed by the now-scrapped skin, and this seems just plain better.  The helmet's a bit wacky, but half the helmets in the game are wacky, and can be changed separately from the skin.

5 minutes ago, Heatnix. said:

Oh... my... Gods... Ember... what have they done to you? What did Ember ever do to deserve this punishment? Horrendous is the proper word. It's absolutely horrifying. Whoever designed this should be ashamed...

I think it hits harder because of the first design. We knew the possibilities and we were given the worst possible scenario. This is by far the worst design they've come up with: it's uninspired, it's convoluted and it's tacky as hell. TACKY AS HELL.

scurrd.gif

Yes! Yes! I know right ? This is what really hurts me, this is exactly how I feel what we could have had, I wouldn't have cared  nearly as much if I didn't know about the first concept by IgnusDei . I feel like I got cucked lol

Edited by Sonicbullitt

22 minutes ago, Vox_Preliator said:

I like it...

I just don't get the controversy, it's pretty clearly Phoenix-themed, with flamey bits and small feathers, and it looks next to nothing like Zephyr.  And frankly, I was never especially impressed by the now-scrapped skin, and this seems just plain better.  The helmet's a bit wacky, but half the helmets in the game are wacky, and can be changed separately from the skin.

1be7fb310eab3658089f953fb394bf96.jpg

Yeah, let's not pull any punches here.

The new deluxe looks like absolute unadulterated garbage.

And please drop the stupid chicken-head motif already. I mean if it was acceptable to toss Nova's general aesthetic into the trash can and run with the theme of 'Fly-Head plays at Wimbledon' with her deluxe (which was also pure nonsense in all respects, might I add) then at least have the decency to abandon the embarrassing 'bird-brain' aesthetic that Ember can't seem to catch a break from.

Are you designing a battle-hardened Warframe, or a court jester? Because looking at that new design I'm finding it difficult to tell.

Edited by Kiryuin-Satsuki

funny thing is i know de cant just go back on progress they wont give us the old skin but like hell am i gonna be happy that THAT is her skin
the one thing ive ever hated DE for doing and it's making ember look like this .... thing
idk 80's punk chicken woman- i get the damn chicken jokes but dont immortalize her with this- give the old concept art a try- didk however you can make it happen, hell if any tennogen artists see this ( and i get the feeling you wont ) make a tennogen skin of her original black, red and white skin ill buy that any day over ... this

( insert derailing comments about "if you dont like the skin dont buy it" - IF ONE OF YOUR FAVORITE FRAMES GOT THIS WOULDNT YOU FEEL BAD ? ) 

hear refferences to nova's skin from time to time- i get it but it's not as much of a slap n the face- hers is still cool to look at, ember's is just her in a zephyr cosplay and I despise it
atleast I have her prime- I was looking forward to her original concept art to be a skin but her prime is still pretty enough for me to just block this out of my mind slowly and keep having fun in warframe
and no i wont be some fake jack arse that goes "i didnt get the one thing i want i quit warframe HUUUUUUUU- this is a blow on my day but i still love the game- just a dissapointment in the mix of amazing things to come
nothing is perfect but . . .just not happy and wont be about this zeph-ber skin

~Esper sparks96
a.k.a. just someone that wants their oppinion heared beyond a pointless thread post
   ( atleast if nothing can be done and we get this skin just allow the community to make her original-

or make it a random skin as an event or idk something let us have it DE ;w; )

2 hours ago, Sonicbullitt said:

I see well , feel free to disagree but that is how I feel, I do tremendously hate this skin.  So the title isn't incorrect, but lets be honest if  I didn't have that in the title less people would read this.

well first off- yes you are correct exaduration would help to get people's attention- honestly people are gravitated better to stronger negatives
blah blah anyways color wise- doesnt matter XD
she still looks like a god damn rooster person and i hate it ;w;
i wanna say turquise- green blue, that'll shut up the dispute for everyone XD

2 hours ago, Sonicbullitt said:

Well De had a disagreement with the designer, for something as minor as what her head crest looked like, point down compared to up. The artist did not agree with DE and DE didn't agree with him, thus they split, or at least that is how the story goes.

if they fired him because of a simple dispute over a mowhawk that's rediculous- f it's his fault for causing problems or if he left so be it, but if they fired him because of their own complaints . .. i hope it wasnt regrettable