Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition To Remove Limbo

(PSN)Joshhwwaaaaaa

1 hour ago, (PS4)Joshhwwaaaaaa said:

If you want to get into that feel free to use this resource: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/353968-limbo-good-or-bad/

55 minutes ago, (PS4)Joshhwwaaaaaa said:

To counter your productive and well thought out argument: yes. lol.

"Resource" from almost 3 years ago when he was literally useless also seems like a very productive and well thought out argument.

Also, like others have pointed out, the problem is with the players. I can spam bounce pads everywhere with Vauban, making the mission a living nightmare. Should we remove Vauban too?

Edited by Jangkrik

no , just no , I know limbo has nich uses , not everyone can Limbo , I loved limbo before rework ecouse hes very specific howd to playd and now after rework hes even more amazing , we dont have an amazing frame like Limbo I mean name a frame what can easily protect a target/point while at the same time perma lock enemys and easily dispatch when .

Dont hate on Limbo just becouse some people cant Limbo

You're not really helping your case OP. I mean you say "remove Limbo", people ask why, you answer "because I said so", and when they ask for real, sound arguments... you troll. Kinda like some players out there troll with Limbo. See the irony here?

Propose something realistic instead. A change to Stasis' mechanics for instance. People wil probably be more receptive to that. Limbo is not going anywhere, a petition won't change that. Especially one that I doubt will get much traction.

With that logic, any Warframe with trolling abilities should be removed... Loki (switch teleport)... Nova (wormhole). Heck even Frost can be a troll with snowglobe. 

I don't mind Limbo. If you have a problem with a player who is abusing it in a trolling way, just record it and report it. Since you have recorded it, it should also show any voice chat or messages you tried to communicate with the player in the party.

8 minutes ago, Jangkrik said:

"Resource" from almost 3 years ago when he was literally useless also seems like a very productive and well thought out argument.

Also, like others have pointed out, the problem is with the players. I can spam bounce pads everywhere with Vauban, making the mission a living nightmare. Should we remove Vauban too?

Yes.

6 minutes ago, Marthrym said:

You're not really helping your case OP. I mean you say "remove Limbo", people ask why, you answer "because I said so", and when they ask for real, sound arguments... you troll. Kinda like some players out there troll with Limbo. See the irony here?

Propose something realistic instead. A change to Stasis' mechanics for instance. People wil probably be more receptive to that. Limbo is not going anywhere, a petition won't change that. Especially one that I doubt will get much traction.

No.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Joshhwwaaaaaa said:

No.

Funny how this is posted on the feedbacks section of the forum, yet you aren't really contributing to anything constructive. This is also starting to delve into the direction of trolling. Although you did leave a link in the beginning, of where the actual debate/argument of the thread is, and having stated that you are not getting into it. You are essentially opening this thread to flame or troll... while it may or may not be your intention...

The real problem with Limbo is his Stasis, nothing else. Even Powers can bypass the Rift, and melees can compensate -exempting throwable ones or gunblades due to projectile-forms- if you really want to kill things yourself. 

The additional problem is how will other Tenno, in the Rift, be able to toggle their bullets out of the timefreeze? The only suggestion I can give is a 'hold reload' option.

This way Limbo's Stasis - the real trolling - is eliminated.

Limbo himself need not be erased. I use his 2 + 4 on Sortie Mobile Defense missions because Frost's snowglobes only last 5 seconds against Sortie-level firepower.

2 minutes ago, VoidWraith said:

Funny how this is posted on the feedbacks section of the forum, yet you aren't really contributing to anything constructive. This is also starting to delve into the direction of trolling. Although you did leave a link in the beginning, of where the actual debate/argument of the thread is, and having stated that you are not getting into it. You are essentially opening this thread to flame or troll... while it may or may not be your intention...

Nooo.

1 minute ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

The real problem with Limbo is his Stasis, nothing else. Even Powers can bypass the Rift, and melees can compensate -exempting throwable ones or gunblades due to projectile-forms- if you really want to kill things yourself. 

The additional problem is how will other Tenno, in the Rift, be able to toggle their bullets out of the timefreeze? The only suggestion I can give is a 'hold reload' option.

This way Limbo's Stasis - the real trolling - is eliminated.

Limbo himself need not be erased. I use his 2 + 4 on Sortie Mobile Defense missions because Frost's snowglobes only last 5 seconds against Sortie-level firepower.

does mag's 2 counteract with Limbo's 4?

21 minutes ago, Faulcun said:

Its not always that simple, and thats a very specific circumstance.

See, the real problem is players didnt ask to randomly be placed into that situation. The effect that it has on other players borderlines as an enemy ability because of how drastically you have to change your current playstyle because of something completely out of your control. Its like a nullifier bubble except it affects two of your weapons, instead of your powers. That is a bad situation even if it is coming from your own team, regardless of how a player can compensate for it.

This is a wholly underrated post. And not only that, but...

When there are two Limbos and they start doing things like infringing and stopping spawns because they suck and use Stasis all the time and you can't convince them to stop sucking or use shadow clone jutsu to overcome their suck with your nindo and they ruin your fissure runs because not enough enemies can spawn it's a problem with the FRAME, not the people who use it. The FRAME shouldn't have the ability to enforce spawns in such a way. 

Or when they banish things and you don't happen to have a powerful enough direct damage ability. You're stuck being completely unable to do anything. 

I'm on both sides of the argument, at this point. I accept Limbo as being a valuable team asset, but also it's rare you get someone who isn't an idiot, spamming Stasis or Banish at times when it's inappropriate. It's too easy for anyone to pick up a Limbo and completely ruin a game experience. And right now, his entire kit depends on him using his abilities or else he doesn't have good survivability. Unless they can find a way for all frames and all team members to be included while playing with a Limbo team member, or a Limbo team member to play without being a lump of meat they should remove him from the list. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)theelix said:

This is a wholly underrated post. And not only that, but...

When there are two Limbos and they start doing things like infringing and stopping spawns because they suck and use Stasis all the time and you can't convince them to stop sucking or use shadow clone jutsu to overcome their suck with your nindo and they ruin your fissure runs because not enough enemies can spawn it's a problem with the FRAME, not the people who use it. The FRAME shouldn't have the ability to enforce spawns in such a way. 

Or when they banish things and you don't happen to have a powerful enough direct damage ability. You're stuck being completely unable to do anything. 

I'm on both sides of the argument, at this point. I accept Limbo as being a valuable team asset, but also it's rare you get someone who isn't an idiot, spamming Stasis or Banish at times when it's inappropriate. It's too easy for anyone to pick up a Limbo and completely ruin a game experience. And right now, his entire kit depends on him using his abilities or else he doesn't have good survivability. Unless they can find a way for all frames and all team members to be included while playing with a Limbo team member, or a Limbo team member to play without being a lump of meat they should remove him from the list. 

I like these comments.

1 minute ago, (PS4)theelix said:

Two Limbos

This reminds me. Multiple Limbos' Rifts and Rift-influencing abilities (Stasis) should not overlap eachother or interfere with each Limbo Rift instance. I had that happen once and it is messy. Too messy. For best use, only one Limbo per mission, or actual quick-messages explaining what you're going to do and why - cooperation via chat with >1 Limbo on the field is key.

Given that, people need to 1: Keep an eye on chat more. and 2: Talk to the Limbo-users (i.e: ask if they could recast Stasis for doing so allows projectiles to traverse the gap between themselves and the enemy, or to cancel Stasis when the Rift isn't in use).

24 minutes ago, Jangkrik said:

Except it's not the same in any sense. If you're bounced it's not actually stopping you from shooting enemies. If the enemies are being bounced around they lay somewhere out on the floor, CC'd properly and perfectly engage-able from any range. Also, the ludicrous energy cost, the minimal range and effect of bouncepads and the fact that you can very easily avoid them make this a terrible example for your point. 

Having a Stasis Cataclysm cover everywhere sixty meters around you limits your options of play to two things. Damage ability or melee. Having vauban bounce pads on every surface just makes it a mildly annoying game of the floor is lava.