Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank Tests Are Not Funny. Wish Use Platinum To Complete Tests

(PSN)TomRed20019

I am stuck on Mastery Rank 19 and it's hard enough not able to see well cause I have bad eyes and when practice or doing the actual mastery rank 19 tests. These floating things make it hard to see and the color setting is bad enough. 

Wish DE allow use those Tenno who willing  to use platinum to complete mastery rank tests.

I find these mastery rank tests not funny and failing even take emotional & physical toll on me cause I feel like I'm not good enough and practicing ok. Waiting 24 hour is a waste of time.

hope DE fix something and listen to some of us who don't like the mastery rank tests. 

FYI- for those like mastery rank test that's cool but don't posts anything to say "not able to pass mastery rank tests then the game not for you" etc... this is my opinion how I feel on mastery rank tests.

thanks for listening 

16 minutes ago, (PS4)TomRed20019 said:

I am stuck on Mastery Rank 19 and it's hard enough not able to see well cause I have bad eye

Have you watched the video? Have you tried changing the settings? There are usually ways to beat these challenges that doesn't require skill, just the right upgrades and weapons.

18 minutes ago, (Xbox One)chillichillman said:

You don't have to rank up.  Anything past rank 16 is honestly, pretty pointless. If you really hate the test, don't do it.  I've been sitting on MR16 for a long &#! time now.  So just chillax bruh.

Thank you. Your very nice to reply. I will not rank up anymore thanks Tenno

8 minutes ago, Archistopheles said:

Have you watched the video? Have you tried changing the settings? There are usually ways to beat these challenges that doesn't require skill, just the right upgrades and weapons.

Ahhhh, that test. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)TomRed20019 said:

OP, I used Ivara and the Orvius.  Ivara because she has innate enemy radar.  Orvius because of it's better enemy tracking when thrown. Took my time and crouched a lot.  Killed all the enemies first, then the orbs, and rescued the target last.  MR Test 19 is really a test of your patience to wait for the right moment to attack than anything else.  

Something to note about this test:  It's very possible to fail at the very beginning if you don't crouch immediately at start.  

Edited by DatDarkOne

9 minutes ago, (PS4)TomRed20019 said:

Literally the only thing MR does is increase the amount of mod capacity you get on an UNRANKED warframe (meaning it does nothing once you hit a certain level with that frame anyway) and some other pretty pointless things like reputation caps and such.

10 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Ahhhh, that test. 

OP, I used Ivara and the Orvius.  Ivara because she has innate enemy radar.  Orvius because of it's better enemy tracking when thrown. Took my time and crouched a lot.  Killed all the enemies first, then the orbs, and rescued the target last.  MR Test 19 is really a test of your patience to wait for the right moment to attack than anything else.  

Something to note about this test:  It's very possible to fail at the very beginning if you don't crouch immediately at start.  

When you throw Orvius it will hit the enemies and kill them or just damage them?

3 minutes ago, (PS4)TomRed20019 said:

Nobody told me. I assume cause when ranking up you know when you pass mastery rank tests it say 1+ mod capacity so ai just thought mod and Warframe get stronger with that 1+ capacity we get.

ah that. that simply means that you get 1 point of mod capacity more to start with, as your starting mod capacity is based on your mr, however when fully raned all items have 30 ( 60 with a catalyst or reacter, plus some from aura and stance mods)

44 minutes ago, (Xbox One)chillichillman said:

You don't have to rank up.  Anything past rank 16 is honestly, pretty pointless. If you really hate the test, don't do it.  I've been sitting on MR16 for a long &#! time now.  So just chillax bruh.

getting stuck on the S#&$ty MR9 test - i have 2k plat - why can't i use that to pass the test i have practiced till i can do it in my sleep 

Comes to the qualifying and it bugs out and once i am detected once thats it forever detected.

detected whilst sitting on the top of column - detected by the one i am killing...... pfffffff 

even got detected by the last guy on the raised platform for THROWING glaive - he left his post and came and tracked me down!!!! ffs

so i'm done with the game for now - the rest of the game is behind a wall that i can't pass because the test keeps glitching out.

1 hour ago, (PS4)TomRed20019 said:

When you throw Orvius it will hit the enemies and kill them or just damage them?

It kills them. Orvius works the same as Glaive and Glaive Prime except it has an additional special attack when using charged throw.  The regular throw works just fine for this Mastery Test.  

19 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

It kills them. Orvius works the same as Glaive and Glaive Prime except it has an additional special attack when using charged throw.  The regular throw works just fine for this Mastery Test.  

Can I throw it but will it kill the enemies quick or will it count as being detected 

1 minute ago, (PS4)TomRed20019 said:

Can I throw it but will it kill the enemies quick or will it count as being detected 

It's a melee weapon and silent.  You would still have the same chance of detection as any other weapon that is nearby to see their friend dying.  This is why enemy radar is so very helpful for this test also.  It allows you to know where the enemies are and the direction in which they are looking.  

All Glaive types are thrown by holding the melee attack button.  Kinda like a charge attack.  It flies in the direction of your aim dot/cursor.  Orvius has better tracking so you don't have to be as precise with it as you would with the other Glaive types.

Actually, I'm somewhat shocked that you have reached MR 19 level and haven't used a Glaive yet.  

1 hour ago, DatDarkOne said:

It's a melee weapon and silent.  You would still have the same chance of detection as any other weapon that is nearby to see their friend dying.  This is why enemy radar is so very helpful for this test also.  It allows you to know where the enemies are and the direction in which they are looking.  

All Glaive types are thrown by holding the melee attack button.  Kinda like a charge attack.  It flies in the direction of your aim dot/cursor.  Orvius has better tracking so you don't have to be as precise with it as you would with the other Glaive types.

Actually, I'm somewhat shocked that you have reached MR 19 level and haven't used a Glaive yet.  

I will used that weapon and practice a lot with that weapon. 

3 hours ago, SilverRook said:

getting stuck on the S#&$ty MR9 test - i have 2k plat - why can't i use that to pass the test i have practiced till i can do it in my sleep 

Comes to the qualifying and it bugs out and once i am detected once thats it forever detected.

detected whilst sitting on the top of column - detected by the one i am killing...... pfffffff 

even got detected by the last guy on the raised platform for THROWING glaive - he left his post and came and tracked me down!!!! ffs

so i'm done with the game for now - the rest of the game is behind a wall that i can't pass because the test keeps glitching out.

Get a tonbo. Equip a range mod on it. Now you can melee people from 3 meters away through walls. Only use melee not ranged. Slam attacks can kill 3 guys at once even if you miss. Just make sure to land behind them not in front of them.

2 minutes ago, Foxbat40 said:

Only use melee not ranged.

It's a melee only MR test.  :D

3 minutes ago, Foxbat40 said:

Slam attacks can kill 3 guys at once even if you miss. Just make sure to land behind them not in front of them.

Do this and you will fail the test because some enemy WILL notice.  This test involves the enemy not being alerted to your presence in any way.  That includes corpses and/or flying dead bodies.  

3 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

It's a melee only MR test.  :D

Do this and you will fail the test because some enemy WILL notice.  This test involves the enemy not being alerted to your presence in any way.  That includes corpses and/or flying dead bodies.  

Use Banshee. She is quiet.

12 hours ago, Foxbat40 said:

Get a tonbo. Equip a range mod on it. Now you can melee people from 3 meters away through walls. Only use melee not ranged. Slam attacks can kill 3 guys at once even if you miss. Just make sure to land behind them not in front of them.

Seeing as that hadn't been suggested before I'll give that a go later. If it works I'll drop you sone plat. Seriously.

Tried slam attacks on the three guys it's hit and miss. Sometimes he is too close and it jumps into stealth attack and I get spotted by the other two. Sometimes one guy doesn't get hit and is alerted.

Redeemer isn't silent like it says in the wiki. Built that last night to test. Didn't move just shot the first guy with charged shot and the following two detected me instantly.

It appears once you are detected you will always be detected. So in effect you only get one chance to do it as the two following attempts will auto fail due to glitchy ai.

Glaive projectiles get spotted. The projectiles alert them if they hit nearby and if you try to attack a guy around a pillar and glance the pillar you make noise. Detected.

i had more luck doing it my way with galatine.lol

If this doesn't work guess I'll just have to abandon the game again for another 4 years.

Pity platinum doesn't earn interest.

But thanks for the advice I'll give it a shot later.

This topic came up before.

I did a test run with a Redeemer - the melee/pistol weapon - and killed everything without leaving the top of the starting pillar.

I don't know how far back that post was, but there is also lots of other useful tips in that thread from other people.

4 hours ago, DSpite said:

This topic came up before.

I did a test run with a Redeemer - the melee/pistol weapon - and killed everything without leaving the top of the starting pillar.

I don't know how far back that post was, but there is also lots of other useful tips in that thread from other people.

It's  weapon only