Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do you spend your platinum?

Zytin_

5 hours ago, (Xbox One)BigPapaRazor said:

So to that point, how many weapon slots would be a good amount?  I've been sinking a lot of my trade plat into those and I think I'm up to 20 slots now.  Curious how many weapons are worth having a slot for?

just buy enough that every single weapon fits into ur inventory

6 hours ago, Portal111 said:

I'm not looking for help on what and how to spend my platinum. I wanna hear people in the community on how they spend there platinum and how much money they have! Its fun to hear them! SHARE AWAY! [Pictures of your fashionframe would be appreciated] 

Easy I spend my platinum on stuff that is in the game :P

Well,i recently blew thru about 2k plat (800pp stalker bundle trollololol....fail) on dumb crap that i could have farmed in game,so ive come to the relization that i need to be more conscious of what i spend plat on.

from here on out it's:

-slots when i absolutely have to,and can't bear to delete anything

-potato's/forma's if i have to

-mods/parts that are unrealistic or virtually impossible to obtain myself(as long as they don't cost an unreasonable amount)

the rest will have to be up to rngesus

Edited by Alexandrix

Although this is a small sample size, I think it's a myth that players buy mad amounts of plat to use in trade. I don't think trade drives plat sales all that much, if anything it probably discourages it.

Also, plat is worth nothing unless it leaves the market through slots, items.

11 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Although this is a small sample size, I think it's a myth that players buy mad amounts of plat to use in trade. I don't think trade drives plat sales all that much, if anything it probably discourages it.

Also, plat is worth nothing unless it leaves the market through slots, items.

Eventually plat will become too inflated to even be worth that much in trade chat. Of course it will be a while, but I keep seeing people with thousands just from rivens alone. I agree with you in your observation.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

For me:

1. Warframe / Weapon slots

2. Syandana or Armor set that I'm interested in

3. Random Prime part or Mods that I already gave up farming directly.

Even saying that, I hardly bought any cosmetics lately and my trading activity is kinda bare-bone, so you can say almost no plat output.

13 hours ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Eventually plat will become too inflated to even be worth that much in trade chat. Of course it will be a while, but I keep seeing people with thousands just from rivens alone. I agree with you in your observation.

it wont get inflated since its the only way de makes the majority of there money. After all its a f2p play and they need these micro transactions for something. They will keep adding more cosmetics and deluxe skins for us to buy.  Sure tennogen items are there too and they dont require platinum but DE cant just depend on tennogen items.

7 hours ago, Portal111 said:

it wont get inflated since its the only way de makes the majority of there money. After all its a f2p play and they need these micro transactions for something. They will keep adding more cosmetics and deluxe skins for us to buy.  Sure tennogen items are there too and they dont require platinum but DE cant just depend on tennogen items.

This doesn't make sense. 

DE most likely makes the bulk of their money from new players wanting to support the game and prime access. Vet players that trade items for 1000s of plat don't contribute much to economy. Why would a vet buy 20$ in plat, even at 75% off, when they just sold a Riven for 1k? The more plat players make through trade, the less likely they are to repeat buy plat.

Not many new players are going to jump into the market to spend 1k in trading. The plat they buy usually goes to DE cosmetics, catalyst and account features like slots. They may only buy a rare mod or so from trade, and then soon begin trading themselves and not need to buy plat again.

Most of that plat floating around in trade is traded plat. Traded plat loses value every time it exchanges hands and doesn't leave the market. As traders get richer, prices get higher and the less likely new plat is used. A new player that just spent 20$ on plat isn't going to rush to blow it all on Rivens or a single mod, but the trader that just made 1k selling syndicate weapons will. So yes, the value of plat becomes inflated as traders earn 1000s of traded plat and evidence of that is seen in Riven prices and the spike in the price of new items.

Edited by Hypernaut1

1.Warframe slots, you will want to level all that you can, even if you don't end up keeping them all.

2.Weapon slots, ditto.

3. A few sentinel slots, and stasis slots.

4. Catalysts, if you don't get enough from alerts. If you save up, you might be able to catch a 2 for 1/half price sale. Reactors are usually easier to find (and you don't need as many) but they would go here as well.

5.Riven slots. This will become more and more useful around MR 16 or so.

6-9 are optional, but necessary.

6. Smoke color palette.

7. Deluxe skins.

8. Armor and syandanas.

9.Warframe animations.

10.Discretionary spending: rushing an item you just can't wait for, buying a mod or prime part you have had no luck farming, or buying a forma pack because you don't want to wait 24 hrs. per forma.

Edited by Nomayonnaiseinireland

I only ever bought slots at first, but once I got enough slots for every weapon and frame I started just spending it on whatever looked like it would appeal to my vanity. Occasionally I'll buy something that's too much effort to farm for (nidus and hema) but mostly it just sits in my inventory until something tickles my fancy. Currently sitting on about 1300 plat, I might use some of it to buy ayatans since I need an absurd amount of Endo to max all these primed mods.

All my plat was earned through trading btw, I do so love a free market.

Edited by Omnijack

It's easy to make plat.  So easy that I've never spent a dime of real money on the game, yet I can keep every frame and weapon I make just by selling off the prime junk and syndicate crap and useless rivens I accumulate through every day play.  Anyone telling you to save all your plat for slots is a cheapskate who doesn't know how to use trade chat.

These days, as a level 24, I hardly spend plat at all.  I own nearly everything and I have 1500 to 2000 plat on me at all times, even though I don't actively grind or sell anymore.  I bought the Orokin color palette last week because I had a 25% coupon and l wanted to make Hydroid's Barrage into a golden shower.  Totally worth it.

Things I've spend plat on in the past:

Vaulted sets and Sortie/Baro weapons: This should be the first priority for the big spender.  You should always be leveling something to work on your MR and if you have lots of plat, there's no reason to wait for alerts or unvaultings.

Cosmetics:  I don't buy skins unless they drastically change the look of the warframe.  Not just a pattern but the overall shape. Otherwise it's a waste of plat.  The best two purchases I've made have been Chroma Dynasty and Frost Harka.

Packages:  overall, a waste of plat, especially since you will be using sydana for arcanes so you only need a few different sydana.  Also, console players can't use coupons on packages and buying the MR items individually with coupons is cheaper.  Hunhow's gift is the exception.  War is hard to get, the Pakal Sydana looks great, and it gives you some other stuff too.

Non prime frames:  if you have a coupon, buying the newest frame is a great deal that can save you a ton if grinding.  I bought Nidus for 75% off (57p) and got to play him in front of my poor friends a week before they had it.  I bought Harrow full price, but sold the melee Riven I got from his quest for 200p.

Some normal frames are hard to get and may be worth skipping the grind.  Atlas, Mesa, Ash, Ivara, and Equinox are all pains in the butt.  I bought Ivara and have never regretted it.  I've still never foumd all the parts.  I wish I had bought Equinox too.  Just wait for a coupon.

Arcanes and Rivens:  sometimes you need an arcane set or riven to get the most out of your kit.  I find raids dull even if I can find a good team. (Seriously DE can we either get some new content or move arcanes out of raids please?)  Research carefully and buy individual arcanes unless you find a great deal on a set.  Whether you buy an unrolled or god tier riven depends on how much plat you have and how much you like kuva farming.

Exilus adapters: of all the cheap, daily expenses to spend on, these are the most worthwhile.  Just getting a BP is expensive in terms of standing, and then you have to spend a bunch of rare resources to craft, including 2 forma.  Yet they only cost 20p, same as a forma.  

Obviously buy reactors/catalysts and 3 forma for 35p as needed, but eventually you will reach a point where you are earning these things for free faster than new content is coming out.

Orokin cell BP:  I think I was drunk when I bought this.  Warning: Huge waste of plat.

Edited by (XB1)ThermalStone