Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So let's talk about the upcoming glass frame.

7 hours ago, PsiWarp said:

Any good ones you like and mind sharing?

I don't really think we're allowed to do that tbh. I'de rather not risk it, just know that the name has probably already been chosen...

Alot of the names btw are basically just glass but in other languages. A crap tonne of frames are first named this way. Seems like a theme.

Edited by Arniox

From Devstream 98 (just ended moments ago), we got our first glimpse of what Glassy is capable of:

Passive: While standing in light, her glass has a chance to reflect light to blind nearby enemies.

1. Extends a sword or lance of pure glass from her palm, impaling enemies in a line. Hold down to continuously extend into the distance and keep enemies impaled longer.
  2. Fragments her glass armor into shards that hover in the air, either around herself, an ally or an enemy, dealing AoE damage around the target until the ability is turned off or expires, upon which the glass fragments rejoin their mistress.
  3. Create floating panes of glass mirrors/windows around you and/or enemies, drawing enemy attention and attacks that reflect back to the sources. The glass panes can break for additional damage. Glass panes appear to be colorable matching your Warframe appearance.
  4. Extend a ring of molten glass around you that grows outward as long as the key is held/ability toggled on. Enemies are coated in molten glass that gradually slows their movement to a crawl and immobilizes them. Toggle off the ability to solidify the glass into a protective barrier, which can also be broken for directional damage by using her first ability.

So far she's looking interesting. No mention of damage reduction, but she can create distractions to evade attacks and have many CC options at her disposal. Hopefully her damage is not too shabby as well and scales somehow.

Edited by PsiWarp

4 hours ago, LazerSkink said:

So Iron Jab, but actually good.

I hope that maybe she can move while holding this down. Like the glass sword hits a surface and you can move around while still looking at that direction, but also in a way moving the impaled enemies around along the line.

Also, scaling damage. Imagine if you can do increasing damage based on the number of enemies you skewered; 2 instances of damage: when you extend it out the enemy farthest away takes the most damage, and when you let go of the button and retract the glass shard the enemy closest to you takes the most damage.

Edited by PsiWarp

12 hours ago, PsiWarp said:

I hope that maybe she can move while holding this down. Like the glass sword hits a surface and you can move around while still looking at that direction, but also in a way moving the impaled enemies around along the line.

In the devstream demonstration, you can indeed move while holding it down.

• 3 weeks later...

I gotta say, I'm still not tge biggest fan of her design, though I like her new helmet a whole lot more. She seems, apart from the glass bits, very stock. Nothing special. But then again, simple designs are better than overcomplicated ones given the accessories we can slap on top, and her energy effects as per the latest demo are stunning. 

Just doesn't seem very girly to me. It looks  like a valkyrie sculpture that's just a little too thick in the torso, too broad in the shoulders. Not liking the color scheme either, but it looks like half the textures and shaders aren't in yet, so I'll hold back judgement for now. But it at least looks more like the frames of the old grain. Just needs a little Windex.