The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Ivara Need Strength mods?

Circle_of_Psi

Question

9 answers to this question

No Warframe *needs* anything.

When you not as good at doging incomming fire, *you* need survivability mods to complement *your* playstyle,just for an example.

As for Ivara she certainly can make use of strength, but you still don't *need* it.

However, it effects ablilites 2,3 and 4.

If you are more comfortable with duration/Range, then that's what you need. If you want to try out strength, you should try it out.

As you migt be able to see, i really don't like metagame-mouthbreathing.

Edited by Walkampf

Her 4 can be crazy powerful - great as a boss-killer. I have three builds for her: one is her regular Infiltrate build, higher duration and efficiency for spy vaults. Second is her long range build - good for stealing, also for big sleep arrows as a cc. Third build goes all-in for strength, basically only using invisibility if really needed, and take her to boss fights.

Strength does speed up infiltrate when you're walking, but rolling is still a lot faster to get round.

If you're building for artemis bow, yes. 

I have 2 builds for ivara. One is a prowl + sleep and invis arrow setup. This focuses of efficiency, then a mix of duration and range.

The second is an artemis bow + prowl build, again with efficiency then strength, and as much duration as I can salvage (pretty sure range is just 100). 

Both allow me to be in prowl as much as I want, and in the first one I can put all the things to sleep and finisher them (good for riven unlocking challenges), and the second I use if I want to be a big damage dealer, as even 2+ hours into survivals it still dishes out enough damage to kill most enemies in 1 shot. And yes, I do use a good amount of strength on it (200%).

13 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Simple quick question, going to be forming my Ivara soon, but cuz I never use her alty, I'm wondering if there is any point, giving her Power Strength. As the ideal build will be Duration/Effcy and Range.

Longer Cloaks, Range for pickpocketing/noise attraction, sleep, etc. 

To have a very efficient Prowl, you can get away with an efficiency of 160% and duration as low as about 85-90%.  But in truth you really don't want any of her stats below 100%.  Now in regards to Power Strength for Ivara, It's just too handy to have above 100% than it is to not.  This is because it effects Prowl headshot bonus, Prowl walking speed with Infiltrate augment, Navigator, Artemis Bow, and Prowl steal chance.  

I myself don't use Artemis Bow as much as I could, but it totally wrecks everything including Bosses when I do.  Whether you need more power strength than 100% will be dependent on how you plan to use her and/or how often.  Since I play her a lot, the only stat that I have low is duration(95%).  That's only because I just don't need it to be very high due to having very high efficiency.  Also found out through experience that duration isn't needed as much on her as it would be on some other frames.  

Here is a screenshot of my build just as a reference.  Some Primed Continuity was used specifically to counter FleetingExp neg Duration.  199% Power Strength because the Prowl walk speed with Infiltrate is just so very nice.  

xIEN7pw.jpg

edit:  This is by no means telling you how you should play and/or mod.  Just giving examples and points of reference to help you with your choice.  

Edited by DatDarkOne
added disclaimer. :D