The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should Warframe change it's name?

Silvus-Sol

23 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

With The Sacrifice being the next imminent thing beyond the Plains of Eidolon, I expect DE will have a great opportunity to remind us of the importance of our 'metal puppets' beyond the major quest it will introduce, and the reward it would bring. 

I think they've already said that The Sacrifice would be Warframe focused, talking about what they are and what potential they have.

Just now, Silvus-Sol said:

What weapons are you using that don't allow you to use your Warframe and it's abilities at the same time?

It was a joke as weapons are way more powerful then frames.  So I use more kills on weapons then with frames  so with my gameplay being mostly weapon based in the logic of renaming the game to operator instead of warframe it should be warweapons. 

Warframe should not change its name just because Operators are seeing more attention. Using Titanfall(2) as a example, the game is literally called Titanfall and the Titans are what you mainly see advertised nearly all the time. However, you mostly start missions or fights as the Pilot, unless it is a Titan-only mission/fight or ETC. The pilots in Titanfall are very capable fighters, and can bring down an enemy Titan with ease assuming they are skilled. However, Titans and Pilots both have areas they excel in and don't excel in, but neither one of them are useless or overshadowing to the other.

The way i see it, Warframe is simply making the Operator a capable combatant with their own areas of specialization, since they can't be modded like their Warframes. The Warframes will always have an edge simply due to more modding capabilities, and their power sets.

I look forward to having a Operator that can fight. Also hoping this opens the doors to some Operator Conclave stuff.

From a gameplay standpoint, there are a lot of reasons for pushing towards a different gameplay aspect. They tried it with Archwings but the split in the entire system rubbed people the wrong way. Operators are the next available avenue of pushing towards more additional systems that remain within the scope of the general gameplay. It also doubles as part of the narrative so it doesn't feel too out of place and expands on barren existing system. The key difference is that it allows for more valuable gameplay diversity for dealing with situations. A key problem with Warframe that has always been rampant is that difficulty is almost exclusively tied to pointing your guns at it, and the time it takes for it to die. This doesn't solve that problem, but it provides another path for dealing with difficulty and expanding gameplay.

Without the addition of Operators, Kuva Guardians would very likely end up as enemies that require you to only hit a specific weakpoint or just big bad bulletsponges. It also limits avenues of expanding the gameplay without raising the upper limit directly. If an expanding system is going to be as inaccessible as Arcanes, it's not going to affect a majority of players who aren't interested in high-effort, low-yield farm for maximization. If the system is accessible to the majority of players and offers possibly game-changing possibilities, difficulty would then have to move in relation to this new change. At this point in time, the only real way to adjust difficulty is to increase enemy levels and that is something people have been disgruntled with since forever. Adding more or new enemies doesn't fix the problem and restrictions like Nightmare mode do not scale proportionally on the entire game.

Improving the value of Operators and their ability to affect the game will at least provide them a new toolset when designing enemies and boss fights. Without them, large Sentients are just going to be Lephantis with possible Resistance Growth and new attacks. I don't think they're silly enough to think that leaving behind the core gameplay and the icon of the game is a good idea so Operators will never see a situation where they will outclass the general function of Warframes.

For the record, I was never a fan of Operators and I never will be. It doesn't mean I'm immediately against all efforts to improve them.

Edited by Flandyrll