Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ok, a possible affinity grinding solution. An equip-able releveling item

Troll_Logic

A hot topic now is releveling weapons & warframes and how much of a pain it is.

So how about releveling item that must be equipped?

Here's the skinny

1)  It costs 1000p.  Before someone yells "PAY2WIN", keep reading.

2)  It must be equipped to work.

3)  It only works on items that have a forma equipped.  That's right.  It doesn't boost leveling, it boosts releveling.

4)  25% affinity bonus.

Here's the reasoning.

1)  It has to cost something.  It shouldn't be cheap.  It's for veterans.  1000p is relatively easily obtainable yet not really "throwaway" plat.

2)  Takes up a slot so the player has to equip it and if they don't need it, they can remove it.

3)  Players can't use it speed up leveling everything.  It will only work on items that have a forma attached.  So if you're leveling a new warframe with your 5 forma soma, your warframe wouldn't receive the affinity bonus, but your soma would.

4)  25% is a noticeable bonus without being excessive.

Thoughts?

9 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

A hot topic now is releveling weapons & warframes and how much of a pain it is.

So how about releveling item that must be equipped?

Here's the skinny

1)  It costs 1000p.  Before someone yells "PAY2WIN", keep reading.

2)  It must be equipped to work.

3)  It only works on items that have a forma equipped.  That's right.  It doesn't boost leveling, it boosts releveling.

4)  25% affinity bonus.

Here's the reasoning.

1)  It has to cost something.  It shouldn't be cheap.  It's for veterans.  1000p is relatively easily obtainable yet not really "throwaway" plat.

2)  Takes up a slot so the player has to equip it and if they don't need it, they can remove it.

3)  Players can't use it speed up leveling everything.  It will only work on items that have a forma attached.  So if you're leveling a new warframe with your 5 forma soma, your warframe wouldn't receive the affinity bonus, but your soma would.

4)  25% is a noticeable bonus without being excessive.

Thoughts?

Here is a secret and the steps to achieve this.

For weapons:(This has been tested and I have repeated this multiple times)

1.) Pay 40p for a affinity booster, or whichever one you want

2.) Go to any 30+ defense mission with only that weapon(no sentinels or other weapons)

3.) Get to level 20 with that weapon, should be around wave 7-8

4.) Leave

5.) Watch bonus affinity and acquired affinity max out your weapon

For Warframes:(Has not been tested but should work the same way as the weapons)

1.) Repeat step 1 and 2 from above, only one weapon

2.) Get to level 20 with that Warframe

3.) Leave

4.) Watch bonus affinity and acquired affinity max out your Warframe

Edited by WNxMatthew

2 minutes ago, WNxMatthew said:

-Snip-

it is far too easy to level items in game right now. 1000p for something like this is excessive and I find it a great relief that I know DE will never do this.

I do, however, think that there could be a slightly better way to get a slight affinity boost on items. Each equipped forma grants that item a 5% boost, capping at say 10(50%). Most people aren't putting nearly that many on an item. 

This "change" offers a free, decent, boost to a single item that the player really wants to focus on. 

23 minutes ago, WNxMatthew said:

Here is a secret and the steps to achieve this.

2.) Go to any 30+ defense mission with only that weapon(no sentinels or other weapons)

3.) Get to level 20 with that weapon, should be around wave 7-8

4.) Leave

5.) Watch bonus affinity and acquired affinity max out your weapon

2.) Get to level 20 with that Warframe

3.) Leave

4.) Watch bonus affinity and acquired affinity max out your Warframe

This is my usual method.  Only difference is that I always fully equip myself because that troll Stalker always appears to push your $#%t! when ranking up gear.  To help counter the effects of being fully equipped, I try to make all my kills using that specific weapon or just do a few spy missions.  :D

Or... do a fissure, % affinity booster there.
Combine that with a market affinity booster... and you'll be done by wave 10, minute 10, rotation B, round 2...
But even without an affinity booster, they are still effective.
There are also Dark Sectors that provide a +20% affinity booster for weapon types. Pluto Sechura = Rifle, Eris Akkad = Melee, etc.

Cheap as hell and you can level Anything.

If you really want to insert a method... How about an affinity bank?
Extra affinity is stored in it, then you can unload it into your unranked weapon. This would mean affinity is effectively a resource.

Edited by INight00

No. We have Affinity Boosters for a reason. And that only costs 40p for 3 days of unadulterated double xp from anything you do.

First of all, 1k plat is stupid and most certainly is p2w.

Second, there's literally be no reason for this. Buying a booster is still more effective since it applies to everything you want to level, not just a single item.

The only perks your idea has is that it's a permanent xp buff on a single item. It doesn't even equal to the amount that an xp booster would give (your idea being 25% and a booster giving 100%). Cost wise a booster is LITERALLY 25 times more cost effective than your so called solution.

Original poster's name though.

I stealth level almost all weapons so I don't see the point in that because I can do it in 1-2 games and it takes just 5 minutes to do each.

I don't care how many hundreds of forma I have on my account and how many more I'm going to spend. I'm never going to pay 1000 platinum for something that useless. I could go buy 90 days of affinity boosters for 600 platinum and get so many things now and in the future leveled.

A little time investment on any hotspot leveling solar node and you're done. It's never going to be worth spending 1k for something so little. I don't care how permanent it is.

7 minutes ago, Alcatraz said:

Original poster's name though.

LOL.  I still find this funny whenever someone mentions Troll's name.  Forget the proven history of him having reasonable topics and discussions most of the time.  This still cracks me up every time.  Maybe it's so humorous because I know the history of the name.  :D

1 hour ago, WNxMatthew said:

You actually can equip a sentinel or companion while leveling a weapon. They gain affinity separately and wont slow down your weapon leveling.

1 hour ago, WNxMatthew said:

If you are ranking up a Warfame it doesnt matter how many weapons you bring.

9 minutes ago, LordMazulia said:

You actually can equip a sentinel or companion while leveling a weapon. They gain affinity separately and wont slow down your weapon leveling.

If you are ranking up a Warfame it doesnt matter how many weapons you bring.

Pretty sure this is wrong. Affinity is split between what you bring.

10 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

LOL.  I still find this funny whenever someone mentions Troll's name.  Forget the proven history of him having reasonable topics and discussions most of the time.  This still cracks me up every time.  Maybe it's so humorous because I know the history of the name.  :D

Thanks.  Funny thing is DE has told me specifically to report anyone who calls me a troll.  Not that I would, but they read these threads as well.

I'm doing just fine using weapons with mods I can fit with only my MR bonus, even without a Catalyst or Forma.

6 minutes ago, WNxMatthew said:

Pretty sure this is wrong. Affinity is split between what you bring.

No, he's right. Companions get their own share of affinity from other players' kills. http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Affinity

Spoiler

Companion Affinity

Companions gain their own Affinity, similar to Tenno.

• The Companion kills an enemy. Total Affinity upon kills is equal to that gained by Tenno. The owner of the Companion gains no Affinity.
    • Kills with its weapon. 50% Affinity is split between the Companion and its weapon.
    • Kills with an ability. 100% Affinity to the Companion.
  • The Companion uses an ability. Amount varies by ability.[investigation needed] 100% goes to the Companion.
  • A nearby Tenno, but not the Companion's owner, kills an enemy. Affinity gained by the Companion does not detract from that gained by its owner.
    • 50% Affinity is split between the Companion and its weapon.
    • 100% Affinity to the Companion in the absence of a weapon.

2 minutes ago, Maicael said:

I'm doing just fine using weapons with mods I can fit with only my MR bonus, even without a Catalyst or Forma.

No, he's right. Companions get their own share of affinity from other players' kills. http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Affinity

Reveal hidden contents

Companion Affinity

Companions gain their own Affinity, similar to Tenno.

• The Companion kills an enemy. Total Affinity upon kills is equal to that gained by Tenno. The owner of the Companion gains no Affinity.
    • Kills with its weapon. 50% Affinity is split between the Companion and its weapon.
    • Kills with an ability. 100% Affinity to the Companion.
  • The Companion uses an ability. Amount varies by ability.[investigation needed] 100% goes to the Companion.
  • A nearby Tenno, but not the Companion's owner, kills an enemy. Affinity gained by the Companion does not detract from that gained by its owner.
    • 50% Affinity is split between the Companion and its weapon.
    • 100% Affinity to the Companion in the absence of a weapon.

Ah, ok. Then I was misled by someone.